Member Map

This awesome mod worked perfect for the first few weeks and this started to show up:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 1186625 bytes) in /home/staff/public_html/forums/ts/sources/classes/output/publicOutput.php on line 3209

Any ideas?

I presume you've got A LOT! of markers?

Could you look in your database at the membermap table, Could you let me know how many rows of data are in that table please?

Thanks

I presume you've got A LOT! of markers?

Could you look in your database at the membermap table, Could you let me know how many rows of data are in that table please?

Thanks

The errors seem to be browser specific too. Doesn't like firefox/mac os:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/membermap/
  • 2 weeks later...

The errors seem to be browser specific too. Doesn't like firefox/mac os:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/membermap/

I'm positive it's because you've got so many markers, I'll have to have a think about making that part more efficient.

Great tool stoo!

Is there a way to manually set a marker though? I have some locations I would like to plot for my community but the plots do not have addresses.

Thanks!

The only other way [at the moment] is to put in the latitude and longtitude for the location.

Hey stoo, I swapped the lat and long instead of getting an address I get "Null" now.

Also if users put the same city as another user (without an actual street address) is there a way to have it show all users? For instance I have two users who put Fort Wayne as there address, problem is only one of the users displays when that happens. Any ideas?

Hey stoo, I swapped the lat and long instead of getting an address I get "Null" now.

Also if users put the same city as another user (without an actual street address) is there a way to have it show all users? For instance I have two users who put Fort Wayne as there address, problem is only one of the users displays when that happens. Any ideas?

What co-ordinate was you using ?

The second item is a known issue, and will be resolved in a future update

Hey stoo,

I am using 39.916339,-86.325837 I tried switching them around but that didn't work.

Thanks for the update on the second issue. I am looking forward to updates on this module!

Have a look on here: http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/membermap/
Is the test marker in the wrong place ?

Google attempts to provide an address for the co-ordinate it seems.

Log into your ACP visit the settings page for IP.Board Member Map, next to the box for the API key is a link to the Google site that you can get one from.

Stuart

I have just installed the Member Map and look forward to using it. I have the API key, but I swear I can't find the setting for ading the API key. I go into the ACP, go over to MY APPS, and look in the Member Board, nada. I try going over to the Manage my Apps, then to Member boards, try EDIT under each module, again, no place to put it.

Help, please. It's probably so simple I'll shoot myself when I find out. :blush:

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

PS: it's seems to have installed fine, I just get the message Need to add API key.

I have just installed the Member Map and look forward to using it. I have the API key, but I swear I can't find the setting for ading the API key. I go into the ACP, go over to MY APPS, and look in the Member Board, nada. I try going over to the Manage my Apps, then to Member boards, try EDIT under each module, again, no place to put it.

Help, please. It's probably so simple I'll shoot myself when I find out. :blush:

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

PS: it's seems to have installed fine, I just get the message Need to add API key.

Fixed, lesson number 1, updating your cache is your friend. Especially when you can't see what you know you should see!

Thanks for a great Mod!!

OK, map is loading fina. Created 2 custom markers to start, made sure permissions were set for all levels as need. When the map shows, I try the ADD LOCATION, the main page reloads, zoomed out and that's it. What am I missing?

Make sure you have uploaded the /public folder included with Member Map/

Just installed this on my site after seeing it on Michael Maccune's site.
One cool mod indeed!

I have a question:

I do have a custom profile field where I ask users to provide their city and country. I've noticed that in Michael's page, my name appeared on the map despite the fact that I don't quite recall ever having added my location there.
Has anybody managed add a custom profile field with location to the map yet?

Just installed this on my site after seeing it on Michael Maccune's site.

One cool mod indeed!

I have a question:

I do have a custom profile field where I ask users to provide their city and country. I've noticed that in Michael's page, my name appeared on the map despite the fact that I don't quite recall ever having added my location there.

Has anybody managed add a custom profile field with location to the map yet?

I can only presume that Michael has written a hook to capture that information from your sign up and put it into the map, I'll have a chat with him. (It was something to be added in future)

Just noticed a bug...after I put in my location and return to the Member Map it is zoomed in MAX and is basically blank until I zoom back out.

It's not a bug, it's because you only have one marker. Once you have more markers added the zoom level will be altered to fit them all in the view.

ok so i get a error

[#1902] The API Key for your map service is empty. Please correct this in your ACP.

i have set up permissions to view, add, delete ect and save and still get it ?

any ideas?

as there is NO WHERE to add a api?

Tools & Settings > System Settings > IP.Board Member Map > General Configuration

Log into your ACP visit the settings page for IP.Board Member Map, next to the box for the API key is a link to the Google site that you can get one from.

Stuart

no link anywhere on here in 3.1.4 to google, there is 2 fields only

IP.Board Member Map

Manage Permissions
Custom Markers

in /public_html/ipb/admin/applications_addon/other/membermap/xml

there is

membermap_settings.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<settingexport>

<settinggroup>

<setting>

<conf_is_title>1</conf_is_title>

<conf_title_keyword>membermap</conf_title_keyword>

<conf_title_title>General Configuration</conf_title_title>

<conf_title_desc>Settings for your member map</conf_title_desc>

<conf_title_tab>IP.Board Member Map</conf_title_tab>

<conf_title_app>membermap</conf_title_app>

<conf_title_noshow>0</conf_title_noshow>

</setting>

<setting>

<conf_title>Google Maps API Key</conf_title>

<conf_description><![CDATA[API key required for Google Maps to operate. Get your key: <a href="http://code.google.com/apis/maps/signup.html" target="_blank">Google Maps API Signup</a>]]></conf_description>

<conf_group>55</conf_group>

<conf_type>textarea</conf_type>

<conf_key>membermapGoogleApiKey</conf_key>

<conf_default/>

<conf_extra/>

seems this has not been added?
when you try add it yourself

IP.Board Message
No ID was passed. Please try again.