Member Map

Hi,

Sorry I missed that.

You would need to alter sources/classes/google.php around like 110.

change the IPSMember::load() call to include 'customFields', then your custom fields will be available for the skin to use

In example: how can i edit it for including the signature?
Great mod.

It seems that the width of some user names + avatar size is breaking the popup window. Is there a way to change the width of the window?

Check out post 708 and read on. I fixed mine the simple way stated on post 719. Most issues are in prior postings.

I'm now seeing another issue causing this same scenario with longer member names. It only happens with IE9, not the IE8 or the rest of the browsers. I have one moderator that is using IE9 and he is the only one seeing this. We are testing now testing the max amount of characters in a user name that IE9 likes. :) So much for progress.

Update:

Our test concluded that a 12 character member name is the maximum that you can have with IE9. The rest of the browsers including IE8 right now are handing it fine and keeping it within the white box.

Thanks,

I'll probably put a manual map page together soon to test all of the different combinations and possible solutions.

Check out post 708 and read on. I fixed mine the simple way stated on post 719. Most issues are in prior postings.

I'm now seeing another issue causing this same scenario with longer member names. It only happens with IE9, not the IE8 or the rest of the browsers. I have one moderator that is using IE9 and he is the only one seeing this. We are testing now testing the max amount of characters in a user name that IE9 likes. :) So much for progress.

A lot of our user names are longer than 12 characters, breaking the popup box.

That's inhereted from the skin you are using, you will need to edit the CSS for the membermap and add into #memberMapCanvasWrapper

color: #000;

I'll make a note to add this to the app, incase it's being used on a custom skin.

I have a custom skin installed, and adding color: #000; into the memberMapCanvasWrapper section did not seem to do the trick for me. I tested with FF 4, IE 9 (compatibility mode on and off), and chrome. This did work though: Templates --> skin_membermap --> mapInfoBox: Find:

<a href='{parse url="showuser={$memberData['member_id']}" template="showuser" seotitle="{$memberData['members_seo_name']}" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_profile']}' >{$memberData ['members_display_name']}</a>

Replace with:

<a href='{parse url="showuser={$memberData['member_id']}" template="showuser" seotitle="{$memberData['members_seo_name']}" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_profile']}' style='color:black' >{$memberData ['members_display_name']}</a>

CSS --> membermap.css: Find:

.remMarker a

{

text-decoration: none;

}

Replace with:

.remMarker a

{

color: #000000;

text-decoration: none;

}

Just updated with 1.0.4, forgot to add an enhancement to the list though!

• If there are multiple markers in one location, they will be merged into one marker now.

p.s., don't forget to revert template & css changes when upgrading (if you've modified the Map templates in the past)

After the upgrade to 1.04 the member map shows no markers in IE9.0.8112 (Danish). It still shows the correct number of markers at the bottom.

Turning on compability mode shows the markers.

This did not happen with 1.03

http://www.vildmedgolf.dk/index.php?/membermap/

Oh, man - now it does show them correctly.
Don't know what happened, I did restart the browser, must be cache related(?)

Oh, man - now it does show them correctly.

Don't know what happened, I did restart the browser, must be cache related(?)

Yes, it happened to me on IE8, they were all gone. All you have to do is refresh the page.

Another issue I've found with browsers is that when adding certain custom markers the entire page goes blank, this happens rarely and it looks like it is a cache issue with google maps. I delete my browser cache and it all comes up fine.

There is another issue with IE9 in that longer member names show out of the box when you click on them, all you have to tell your users is to use compatibility mode on IE9 and the member names will show up fine. IE8 and the rest of the browsers don't have this issue.

I've just installed this mod when i click on the add your location button the board jumps to the top and i dont get a box or anything to add a location.

Any ideas?

Hi,

You need to make sure that you've uploaded the Javascript files that are included.

Thanks.

Where can I change 'Viewing the Member Map' to a different map? Did not find that field in the language settings.

Hi,

This was a reported bug in 1.0.3, http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/tracker/issue-9-extensionscoreextensionsphp-not-language-abstracted/

It was fixed in 1.0.4