Member Map

When it says to install this just "upload the files to your forums directory" does that mean I'm supposed to OVERWRITE my admin and public folders? Seems like that would screw things up. Sorry for the noob question.

Your ftp client should merge the folders when you upload it.

Your ftp client should merge the folders when you upload it.

I read through to about page 15 of the comments hoping to find the answer witout having to ask.. but started going blind around there and am just going to have to ask.

How do i actually install this? I copied the files over, (which seemed to go fine) I login to the admin CP , click on "my apps" and its not listed. I also read something about needing a google API which, I found were you get one from on google, but have no clue were I would put it.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I guess its a bit vague for those new to installing apps like this, but here's what you basically do to install it:

You're done! Now add your marker from the front end. You'll find the map is zoomed in on to your if you have only your own marker, wait until someone else adds a marker and the map will look better, or you could add a custom marker in the AdminCP as a temporary measure.

1. Download zip file. You then upload the files and folders into your forum's root folder via FTP or the File Browser in CPanel (the root folder is the folder on your server where the forum's files and folders live ie. yoursite,com/forums).
  2. Make sure you're folders 'public' and 'master' are still CHMODDED 777 afterwards.
  3. Go into the AdminCP and click on Manage Applications and Modules. Scroll all the way down the page to the section easily missed called Applications Not Installed and look for the Member Map. I then normally right click on the red link called Install to open it in a new tab for convenience.
  4. Once installed, you have to set the permission on who can view it etc.
  5. Go to the System tab > System Settings > and click on the IP.Board Member Map tab and then select General Configuration (a link straight to this in the App itself would be handy, Stoo!).
  6. Add your Google Maps API key to the relevant section by copying and pasting it. If you don't have one for your site yet, there is really handy link on the settings page to to take you to the sign up page at Google where you can quickly get your key. Just enter your domain name such as http://mysite.com

Thanks for taking the time to explain that in detail. I think i got it installed, kicking the tires now. Thanks a lot for typing that all out, very helpful.

Little confused about the permissions. Does "delete location" mean they can delete ALL locations? Does update location mean they can update ALL locations?

Be nice if there was more information , like the actual address, maybe room for comments etc. (maybe there is and I'm just not seeing it)

Neat app.

Thanks for taking the time to explain that in detail. I think i got it installed, kicking the tires now. Thanks a lot for typing that all out, very helpful.

Little confused about the permissions. Does "delete location" mean they can delete ALL locations? Does update location mean they can update ALL locations?

Be nice if there was more information , like the actual address, maybe room for comments etc. (maybe there is and I'm just not seeing it)

Neat app.

It allows them to delete their own location, only super moderators and administrators can delete any location.

That information isn't stored at the moment.
  • 2 weeks later...

Stoo, do you have any more detailed instruction on installation? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to complicated stuff like this!

I assume it will work with 3.1.4?

Stoo, do you have any more detailed instruction on installation? I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to complicated stuff like this!

Cheers,

Gunter.

Cheers,

Gunter.

Cheers,

Gunter.

• 2 weeks later...

Member Map is compatible with IP.Board 3.0.0 upwards.

Have a look at this great installation guide: http://community.invisionpower.com/resources/articles.html/_/ipboard-3x/tips-and-tricks/how-to-installupload-an-application-r537

It applies to any applications.

Didn't check the latest release, but are there these two features already included?

• Possibility to disable custom marks. Not delete, but disable. Disabled marks won't appear to members, guests etc.
  • Possibility to hide members marks from guest view. Only registered members can see where members live.

Hi, You need to make sure that you've uploaded the Javascript files that are included. Thanks.

Hi,

I made sure the Javascript files were uploaded, but I still seem to have the issue. My computer has been giving me some hassles with Java unrelated to this, but is it possible that loading it from my computer is causing the problems?

Thanks.

Silly question, sorry.

But just to confirm.

Does "compatible with IP.Board 3.0.0 upwards include 3.2?

Thanks.

It does seem to work with 3.2 at the moment, it hasn't been tested as such and isn't garaunteed to work, a release will come near to 3.2 release to ensure compatibility.

Hi,

I made sure the Javascript files were uploaded, but I still seem to have the issue. My computer has been giving me some hassles with Java unrelated to this, but is it possible that loading it from my computer is causing the problems?

Thanks.

Nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks for making this add-on.
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys
I havent had time to look over the 40 pages of posts here so could i please have some help with 2 things

1. when we click the member map, instead of it being zoomed out all the way id like it to go to a lat/lon and zoom in a bit

how or where is the config located i need to change to make this possible?

i have no probs with this on 314 other then this minor topic

thanks

Hi guys

I havent had time to look over the 40 pages of posts here so could i please have some help with 2 things

1. when we click the member map, instead of it being zoomed out all the way id like it to go to a lat/lon and zoom in a bit

how or where is the config located i need to change to make this possible?

i have no probs with this on 314 other then this minor topic

thanks

Hi,

Do you mean the initial view?

The map will adjust itself to show the markers that are on it if you have markers.

iv put on 2 markers in the map but when we launch the map it stays zoomed out to world view and doesnt zoom into where the markers are... they will all be within about 50km of eachother
is there some other default marker added as a part of the mod that will make it zoom all the way out? my markers are in australia

iv put on 2 markers in the map but when we launch the map it stays zoomed out to world view and doesnt zoom into where the markers are... they will all be within about 50km of eachother

is there some other default marker added as a part of the mod that will make it zoom all the way out? my markers are in australia

It should zoom all the way in to the markers, what is your URL ?