Drip Campaigns Support

3 minutes ago, breatheheavy said:

Hey @rebraf, quick Q.

I just updated to 4.5. In order for me to add Auto Drip again, it's asking me to remove my previous version. I imagine that will make me lose all the campaigns I already set up. Is there a way to upgrade without having to uninstall and reinstall the new version? Would be awesome to be able to keep everything in versus manually re-inputting it in. Thoughts? 

You shouldn’t have to uninstall the app?! Haven’t you associated it with the MP file while the marketplace onboarding after the 4.5 upgrade 

? 

3 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

You shouldn’t have to uninstall the app?! Haven’t you associated it with the MP file while the marketplace onboarding after the 4.5 upgrade 

? 

I saw this message initially: 

There was an error authenticating with the Marketplace. Please try again later or contact technical support for assistance.
Our marketplace server received an unexpected response from your community. Please ensure your community is up to date and web accessible (localhost installations are not supported) and contact technical support if the issue persists. (server_error)

But then I updated the Custom Bad Words plugin and I thought maybe it did in fact sync. However, there's now two versions. Is that normal? Do I delete the outdated ones now? @Daniel F

1029917936_ScreenShot2020-09-21at1_03_48PM.thumb.png.eb0578b7f72319b4f2a44c84216a5dc2.png

I get that sync error for several different Apps that couldn't apparently "match."

Plugins:

• SuperDocs Settings
  • SuperList Settings
  • SuperGrid Settings
  • SuperTopics Settings
  • Enhanced Question Forum View
  • Enhanced AdBlocker Detector

Applications:

• Trophies & Medals 
  • Members Shop
  • Notification When Featuring Content
  • Chatbox+

Is there no way to manually install the updated version? I would hate to have to manually re-setup ones that didn't sync. How do I go about updating these? Thoughts? @Daniel F Should I create a new topic? 

Edited by breatheheavy

If you did not associate the application during the initial onboarding process, your only option after the fact outside of contacting Invision for help resolving that issue would be to uninstall and reinstall the application which would indeed remove the data (campaigns) you have stored. I would recommend reaching out to Invision for assistance if you didn't get the application linked up initially. Unfortunately the issue you are facing isn't really specific to this application, but rather your general marketplace syncing which Invision would need to assist you with.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a possibility to track who reads the emails and who clicks on the links inserted in the emails? Is there a possibility to connect the email sending process with SendGrid, Active Campaign or any other email marketing external email processor? 

SInce everything is done within Invision Community, the emails would be send by Email Drip software you created, but then how can I track the success of those emails? I want to know who clicks and reads the emails once a new user has become a free member or a paid member. The content of the emails will vary a lot depending on what type of user subscribed.

If SendGrid is configured to send the emails inside IPS, will the emails send with Email Drip be sent with SendGrid as well?

image.png.3b328e1716717563137de348d436608f.png

Is there a possibility to do this? Is it planned?
Thanks a lot

Edited by Alfonso Moreno
On 10/16/2020 at 9:15 AM, Alfonso Moreno said:

Is there a possibility to track who reads the emails and who clicks on the links inserted in the emails? Is there a possibility to connect the email sending process with SendGrid, Active Campaign or any other email marketing external email processor? 

SInce everything is done within Invision Community, the emails would be send by Email Drip software you created, but then how can I track the success of those emails? I want to know who clicks and reads the emails once a new user has become a free member or a paid member. The content of the emails will vary a lot depending on what type of user subscribed.

If SendGrid is configured to send the emails inside IPS, will the emails send with Email Drip be sent with SendGrid as well?

image.png.3b328e1716717563137de348d436608f.png

Is there a possibility to do this? Is it planned?
Thanks a lot

Invision Community supports basic email tracking statistics out of the box. For more enhanced email tracking, yes you can use Sendgrid as your email provider.

The drip campaigns application will use whatever email sending service is configured in your settings, including Sendgrid.

In short - I would recommend Sendgrid for your particular use case.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, Giray said:

Hi.

Love the concept. Any chance that you might someday make it a combo: drip email + drip PM? I'm currently using 'x-days after' PM plugin, but yours would be a double whammy. Thoughts? Thx.

Set up a step and configure it how you like to either send the email or send a PM.

Set up another step to do the other action and choose to do it immediately rather than to wait a period of time for "Wait Period".

I'm not seeing why this wouldn't accomplish your goal unless I'm misunderstanding?

24 minutes ago, rebraf said:

Set up a step and configure it how you like to either send the email or send a PM.

Set up another step to do the other action and choose to do it immediately rather than to wait a period of time for "Wait Period".

I'm not seeing why this wouldn't accomplish your goal unless I'm misunderstanding?

Hi. Nope, you're not misunderstanding; I was. Had not realized the app could also send PMs. So it can, right? 👏

• 1 month later...

At this time, triggers have to be something that "happens", rather than something that "doesn't happen". In order to do what you are suggesting, the application would (likely) have to constantly loop through all users trying to determine if they haven't posted over a period of time, and then initiate the campaign if so. This would be quite taxing on a moderately-sized site, let alone a large site. There could be clever ways around this, but they'd have their own drawbacks.

1 hour ago, rebraf said:

At this time, triggers have to be something that "happens", rather than something that "doesn't happen". In order to do what you are suggesting, the application would (likely) have to constantly loop through all users trying to determine if they haven't posted over a period of time, and then initiate the campaign if so. This would be quite taxing on a moderately-sized site, let alone a large site. There could be clever ways around this, but they'd have their own drawbacks.

Thx for such a prompt reply. Got it! This said, re-engaging members after x-time of absence is so important. Shame we can't find a way. In the back of my mind, I thought we had it once. Not sure if it was on IPB, vB or Xen. But there was a plugin that did that... I think 🤫

Anyway, as soon as my other subscription runs out, I'll switch to Drip. I like what you've done.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I've just noticed this and it looks like a great application and I'm thinking of subscribing to it.

The last couple of comments concerning sending an email to somebody after a time of inactivity seems to me like a really useful feature. Maybe the most useful of all possible features.

I understand that this could take a lot of processing power if it has to go through your entire database of users. We have nearly 400,000. However, I notice that you say that it needs to be triggered by a positive event rather than a negative event.

Might it cut down the processing time if the positive event is somebody who was last active, say, between four and three weeks and that then begins a timer which at the expiry of four weeks then triggers the reminder email?
So that the application is not going through the entire member database all the time

Obviously the trigger event could be set by the forum administrator so that it begins at any number of weeks – depending on the amount of traffic coming through. There may even be something which would let the administrator know how many members a particular timer would involve any particular time. So that if I set the trigger at four weeks , anyone who visits today, would have a timer counting down and monitoring to see whether there was four weeks of inactivity. If there was four weeks of inactivity then the email would be sent out. Once that email was sent out, it wouldn't send any more unless that person came back and then there visit would be recorded as an event.

Is this nonsense? I'm not a coder that I love the idea of this application and certainly sending out a message to people who haven't visited for a while would be brilliant

On 7/9/2021 at 2:38 PM, ahc said:

I'd be interested in this as a trigger as well!

How would you have this work? As soon as a user contributes to a competition put them on the campaign? Or add all contributors for a competition when it closes?

On 7/9/2021 at 1:43 PM, BankFodder said:

[...]

Really the only way to do this would be to loop through all users. We could add optional discard filters (like, don't include anyone whose last visit was over 6 months ago or something), but really the only way to do this would be to loop over all matching users and apply the campaign. A flag could be set so that the user is only added to a given campaign once, so eventually over time the number of users to loop through would be whittled down in that case.

I'll toy with some ideas.

36 minutes ago, rebraf said:

Or add all contributors for a competition when it closes?

I personally would prefer this one.  I feel it's more efficient as anyone who pulls out before the competition is over will not need an email. 

I'd want to use it to email all participants to let them know that the competition is officially over and then another email after winners have been announced. I'm not sure of the usage needed by the other poster who suggested the idea originally. 

Edited by ahc

Hey there,

Definitely interested in this app!  A couple of questions (and perhaps ideas for future versions?):

1. Is it possible to save campaigns to your local computer for backup (and of course reload them)?  Or would this be overkill?
  2. Is it possible to create campaigns which send emails/PMs to specific groups, etc. on specific calendar dates, e.g. Christmas, New Years, etc.?
  3. You mention a trigger for when a user makes their first post.  Can we limit a campaign to trigger on a first post for a specific forum (or even forums group)?  This could also apply to specific blogs, albums/galleries...That level of granularity would be seriously awesome...especially for me, as I have "free" and "paid" areas and would only want certain messages to go to users who posted in the free public forums (and not, say, to paid users who post in their private Club's forums - a different message for that possibly!).

Apologies if these ideas have already been mentioned/discussed. Thanks!

Edited by liquidfractal
17 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Hey there,

Definitely interested in this app!  A couple of questions (and perhaps ideas for future versions?):

1. Is it possible to save campaigns to your local computer for backup (and of course reload them)?  Or would this be overkill?
  2. Is it possible to create campaigns which send emails/PMs to specific groups, etc. on specific calendar dates, e.g. Christmas, New Years, etc.?
  3. You mention a trigger for when a user makes their first post.  Can we limit a campaign to trigger on a first post for a specific forum (or even forums group)?  This could also apply to specific blogs, albums/galleries...That level of granularity would be seriously awesome...especially for me, as I have "free" and "paid" areas and would only want certain messages to go to users who posted in the free public forums (and not, say, to paid users who post in their private Club's forums - a different message for that possibly!).

Apologies if these ideas have already been mentioned/discussed. Tanks!

1. Only via normal database backups. Backing up and restoring the specific database tables for this application would accomplish the purpose - there is no UI to back up and restore campaigns through the AdminCP or anything like that presently.

2. Not presently - the system is designed to "drip" content to a user after a certain action has been taken, so in this case for something like "user posts", wait 3 days, then email them and ask them to come back. What if they posted the day after Christmas? The campaign would register but do nothing until the following year.

It's a feature that could potentially be added if there's enough demand, but it's not exactly what the software was explicitly intended to do. It might be better for something like that to add users to a mailing list and send everyone on the mailing list an email at Christmas, rather than individually add users to a drip campaign that will have to process every user individually at Christmas. It would be a lot more overhead to handle it through this route than something like a bulk mail/mailing list approach for a holiday or similar event.

3. Presently it is not possible to filter by container. 

10 minutes ago, rebraf said:

1. Only via normal database backups. Backing up and restoring the specific database tables for this application would accomplish the purpose - there is no UI to back up and restore campaigns through the AdminCP or anything like that presently.

2. Not presently - the system is designed to "drip" content to a user after a certain action has been taken, so in this case for something like "user posts", wait 3 days, then email them and ask them to come back. What if they posted the day after Christmas? The campaign would register but do nothing until the following year.

It's a feature that could potentially be added if there's enough demand, but it's not exactly what the software was explicitly intended to do. It might be better for something like that to add users to a mailing list and send everyone on the mailing list an email at Christmas, rather than individually add users to a drip campaign that will have to process every user individually at Christmas. It would be a lot more overhead to handle it through this route than something like a bulk mail/mailing list approach for a holiday or similar event.

3. Presently it is not possible to filter by container. 

Thanks for the reply @rebraf. I figured #2 was a little outside the app's wheelhouse, and you make a good argument as to why it might be a bit taxing on resources - especially if one wants emails sent out on all major holidays!

As it stands, I'm definitely impressed enough to go ahead and pull the trigger on this. I would, however, humbly suggest you consider filtering by specific forum and/or section (containers), as I think that would really power-up an already great-looking app.  Looking forward to using it! 🙂