Drip Campaigns Support

• 1 month later...

Can there be a trigger once a member hits X content items? 

(On second thought, I don't think that's needed - at least in my case.  I use the Group Promotion tool in IPS, which promotes the user to a new membergroup, and I can let that be the trigger).  

This is a very nice app, glad you released it.  I like the idea of sending out educational tutorials and how-to's at the point of interaction.  

Questions

1.  When I create a campaign and I check multiple events, will ALL conditions need to be met or only ONE condition needs to be met for the campaign to trigger?  

image.thumb.png.2be1161b1209138f783a65e9856de3c1.png

2. Assign members - is there a way to manually assign a specific member (eg. JoelR) 

3.  Assign member - Can you clarify this statement: "Additionally, be aware that a member can only be assigned to a campaign once, so if they are already assigned to the campaign this tool will not make any changes to their campaign assignments."  Does this mean ...

• A user can only be in a Campaign A Step 5, so he cannot be re-added to Campaign A Step 1?  
  • A user can start and finish Campaign A, and then re-start and finish Campaign A in its entirety later

4. Is there a way to manually or batch cancel campaigns?  

32 minutes ago, Joel R said:

Questions

1.  When I create a campaign and I check multiple events, will ALL conditions need to be met or only ONE condition needs to be met for the campaign to trigger?  

image.thumb.png.2be1161b1209138f783a65e9856de3c1.png

When any of the selected triggers occur the campaign will be assigned.

2. Assign members - is there a way to manually assign a specific member (eg. JoelR) 

Yes, you visit the user's profile in the AdminCP, then scroll down and look at the bottom left hand corner of their profile. You'll see which campaigns the member is a part of, and be able to add the member to new campaigns, cancel existing campaigns, or restart the campaign.

3.  Assign member - Can you clarify this statement: "Additionally, be aware that a member can only be assigned to a campaign once, so if they are already assigned to the campaign this tool will not make any changes to their campaign assignments."  Does this mean ...

• A user can only be in a Campaign A Step 5, so he cannot be re-added to Campaign A Step 1?  
  • A user can start and finish Campaign A, and then re-start and finish Campaign A in its entirety later

If you have a user on "Campaign A", they cannot be added to "Campaign A" again. You can cancel the campaign if you wish to stop it, or restart the campaign if you wish for the user to start over for some reason. In practice, you would typically only want to send a series of emails to a user once however, so this shouldn't be a major limiting factor in real world use.

4. Is there a way to manually or batch cancel campaigns?  

If you disable the campaign it will be stopped for all users (however their progress will be remembered in case you wish to reenable the campaign later).

I've uploaded a new version which adds triggers for

• First album creation
  • First blog creation
  • New club creation

I am going to consider the product expiry request a little further before digging in, as it has implications different from those other points (e.g. you may only want to initiate the campaign when certain products expire rather than any product). It's just a bit more complex so I want to gauge demand before diving into that bit.

• 2 weeks later...

1.2.0 has been submitted which adds the bulkmail-style tag support, as well as an option to trigger a step immediately instead of requiring at least a one day wait period.

Further - the code to initiate a campaign instance has been better abstracted to make it easier for third parties to integrate if they wish to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had an idea 🙂 @rebraf

Would it be possible to create a campaign for when someone Deactivates their account? I would love to reach out to them a day after they deactivate and see if I can understand why they left / convince them to come back.

I am using the following application for the deactivation option:

Thanks 🙏 

On 7/3/2020 at 5:21 PM, breatheheavy said:

I had an idea 🙂 @rebraf

Would it be possible to create a campaign for when someone Deactivates their account? I would love to reach out to them a day after they deactivate and see if I can understand why they left / convince them to come back.

I am using the following application for the deactivation option:

Thanks 🙏 

In theory it's possible, but out of curiosity - would you actually be launching a "drip campaign" or is your interest in just reaching out to them once to get more information? I would assume if someone is intentionally deactivating their account you're not intending to continuously email them and it would be a one off email. To that end, it might make more sense if the author of the addon you linked to just added support to send a follow up email to their application instead?

On 7/4/2020 at 5:34 AM, Unlucky said:

Can members easily unsubscribe from the drip campaign?

Plus if the members opt out of newsletters - Does that effect the drip campaign?

Many thanks

The nature of drip campaigns means it wouldn't make much sense (to me at least) for a user to "unsubscribe" from the campaign, however it is indeed directly tied to the "Send me news and updates" user preference. If a user turns that off, they won't receive drip campaign emails.

14 hours ago, rebraf said:

In theory it's possible, but out of curiosity - would you actually be launching a "drip campaign" or is your interest in just reaching out to them once to get more information? I would assume if someone is intentionally deactivating their account you're not intending to continuously email them and it would be a one off email. To that end, it might make more sense if the author of the addon you linked to just added support to send a follow up email to their application instead?

The nature of drip campaigns means it wouldn't make much sense (to me at least) for a user to "unsubscribe" from the campaign, however it is indeed directly tied to the "Send me news and updates" user preference. If a user turns that off, they won't receive drip campaign emails.

Ideally, I would love to send them two maybe three emails. 🙂

One right away upon deactivation

One a week later asking them to come back

One 3-6 months later asking them to come back

• 1 month later...

Hi, definitely looking to purchase... I thought I would make some suggestions based upon my use of auto responders:

Support for list segments

This might help for a description of segments https://reachmail.com/support/article/getting-started-with-list-segments

Support for list tags

A useful tag usage description can be found here: https://reachmail.com/support/article/lists-tags

• Campaign chaining / using ending a campaign as a trigger
  • Trigger on an email open
  • Trigger on an email click
  • Trigger on a submitted poll answer radio/checkbox/drop down

Actions:

• Ability to tag users
  • Ability to assign/remove users to list segments

Tags can then be used to filter users, and for improved targeting when scheduling.

List Engagement Report

The ability to automate moving users between segments, the ability to assign sequences to segments and events.

Clean up tool.. remove people from list who are not engaging, not opening emails, not clicking on inks etc

Ideally the ability to choose event triggers and actions would be awesome.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head

11 hours ago, Songstuff said:

Hi, definitely looking to purchase... I thought I would make some suggestions based upon my use of auto responders:

Support for list segments

This might help for a description of segments https://reachmail.com/support/article/getting-started-with-list-segments

Can you describe how you would use such functionality within the context of this Drip Campaigns application?

Support for list tags

A useful tag usage description can be found here: https://reachmail.com/support/article/lists-tags

• Campaign chaining / using ending a campaign as a trigger
  • Trigger on an email open
  • Trigger on an email click
  • Trigger on a submitted poll answer radio/checkbox/drop down

Actions:

• Ability to tag users
  • Ability to assign/remove users to list segments

Tags can then be used to filter users, and for improved targeting when scheduling.

I can see how this makes sense in a general mailing list application, however I'm having a hard time envisioning the use case for a Drip Campaigns application.

The intention of this application is that you can manually or automatically assign users to a campaign and then ensure regular emails (based upon your configuration) are sent to that user. How would tagging users impact the campaigns or work flow in your use case?

List Engagement Report

The Invision Community software can already track general statistics on how many people have opened specific types of emails so I believe this is partially covered within the base software?

I guess if you can perhaps explain a little how you would use such functionality I can consider it further. I don't want to add functionality just for the sake of adding it and terminology aside, it would be useful to know what your intentions are specifically or what you need these features to do in practice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey @rebraf, quick Q.

I just updated to 4.5. In order for me to add Auto Drip again, it's asking me to remove my previous version. I imagine that will make me lose all the campaigns I already set up. Is there a way to upgrade without having to uninstall and reinstall the new version? Would be awesome to be able to keep everything in versus manually re-inputting it in. Thoughts? 

An application is already installed that uses the same Application Key, this application cannot be installed unless the other is removed

Edited by breatheheavy