Drip Campaigns Support

On 2/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, rebraf said:

The obvious answer is "Yes" because just about anything is possible, but it's a bit tricky. If you asked "can you add a trigger when a user downloads any file", that would be something that could be put together pretty easily, but when you want to restrict to specific files there needs to be a way for you to specify which one, and there's no real simple method within Invision to choose specific content items (only specific nodes). 

That's what you get for creating such a damn useful app, @rebraf 😄

On 2/14/2022 at 9:07 AM, rebraf said:

Not a bad idea, however it would need some testing. My fear is that a user could end up with getting steps duplicated (i.e. receive the same email from the campaign twice) if they were on a campaign that had a step paused and then that step is later re-enabled, but I'm sure this could be worked around. I'll think on it some.

Is this a feature anyone else has a need for?

Yeah, I could definitely see myself using this..

@rebraf I have a couple of questions for you regarding the Drip Campaigns. Sorry if they are dummy questions, I just can't figure out how to do this.

1. How can I assign a specific member to a campaign? I can see the Assign Members option within the campaign but it doesn't allow me to assign a single member
  2. How can I remove a specific member from a campaign?
  3. Is there a way to add/remove a member to/from a campaign from the user's profile in ACP? I can't see the option

It would be great that this could be done. I have a few cases where I want to assign specific users to the campaigns or even remove them. But I can't figure it out.

Thanks a lot.

7 hours ago, OptimusBain said:

@rebraf I have a couple of questions for you regarding the Drip Campaigns. Sorry if they are dummy questions, I just can't figure out how to do this.

1. How can I assign a specific member to a campaign? I can see the Assign Members option within the campaign but it doesn't allow me to assign a single member
  2. How can I remove a specific member from a campaign?
  3. Is there a way to add/remove a member to/from a campaign from the user's profile in ACP? I can't see the option

It would be great that this could be done. I have a few cases where I want to assign specific users to the campaigns or even remove them. But I can't figure it out.

Thanks a lot.

image.png.be9ddeef89f4c85a23a8543eaf2f0025.png

Pull up the member in the ACP and scroll down on the bottom left hand column. You can add members to campaigns, restart campaigns, and remove members from campaigns (that have not yet ended).

Hello @rebraf

There is a problem embedding videos from Vimeo. I don't know if this is happening with YouTube as well.

When editing one of the email steps, I pasted a Vimeo URL in the body of the email. I see the video preview embedded. So far so good.

bIt when the email is received, the video is not embedded. Not even the link is included in the email. Any reference to the video is lost so no member can watch video 😞

Question. Is there a way to test the email that has been composed? Like sending a test to the admin's email to see how it's displayed? Now dozens of members have are receiving emails without the video link or embedded video.

Thanks a lot

Screenshot_20220217-215200_Gmail.jpg

12 hours ago, rebraf said:

Videos do not work in email (most email clients do not allow them) and so Invision strips videos out of emails. This has nothing to do with the drip campaign application itself I'm afraid.

The only way to "test" the campaign would be to assign it to yourself in the ACP manually.

Thanks a lot. I didn't know that. 

As far as the campaign test, I am not talking about the campaign itself, but individual emails/steps. I am testing the campaign on myself. One email very two days. It will take 20 days. 

What I am talking about is testing an individual email once it's been composed. Once the step has been composed, having a SEND TEST button to send it to your email would be great.

I am seeing a few errors on the emails I am testing ok myself (like the embedded videos) and others, that would be prevented by just being able to see how it lands on my inbox. 

Thanks

@rebraf I have another problem 😞 now with images. I embedded two images in a couple of steps.

I just got today's email and the image are not seen 😞 I can't believe it. Because there are a lot of people receiving it and I took for granted that images are seen on the emails. I know know that the vídeos won't, but images?

I can't test the emails I write because the drip app won't send a test, only if added to a campaign. The problem is with campaigns of many email (very common scenario)

Why aren't image's embedded? 😞 I just don't know what to do now. Many users are receiving the emails in the campaign and now even images won't be displayed. See attachment.

What's the problem? I don't understand. ThanksScreenshot_20220218-194532_Gmail.thumb.jpg.a880afd94ca2431c8f49fdc36e22e4e1.jpg

On 2/18/2022 at 7:50 PM, OptimusBain said:

@rebraf I have another problem 😞 now with images. I embedded two images in a couple of steps.

I just got today's email and the image are not seen 😞 I can't believe it. Because there are a lot of people receiving it and I took for granted that images are seen on the emails. I know know that the vídeos won't, but images?

I can't test the emails I write because the drip app won't send a test, only if added to a campaign. The problem is with campaigns of many email (very common scenario)

Why aren't image's embedded? 😞 I just don't know what to do now. Many users are receiving the emails in the campaign and now even images won't be displayed. See attachment.

What's the problem? I don't understand. ThanksScreenshot_20220218-194532_Gmail.thumb.jpg.a880afd94ca2431c8f49fdc36e22e4e1.jpg

@rebraf sorry to bother you again. Did you have time to look at this issue with the attached images not seen in the emails and the othe stuff? I am stuck right now, no images, no videos (issue solved in your last comment). I can't pause the campaign or test a specific (any) step unless I run the full campaign.

I had to edit the second step to receive and email after 5 weeks, expecting that this issue could be solved befor that.

Thanks so much. 

Generally speaking, images in emails should work. Are you attaching them in the email? Remotely linking to them? Do they not display in any email clients at all?

Testing an individual step is not a bad idea. I'll note that for a future version.

Can you download the raw email (how you do this varies between email clients) and send it to me in a PM? Note that I'm not talking about exporting the email as a pdf or anything like that, but downloading the original email with email headers.

1 hour ago, rebraf said:

Generally speaking, images in emails should work. Are you attaching them in the email? Remotely linking to them? Do they not display in any email clients at all?

Testing an individual step is not a bad idea. I'll note that for a future version.

Can you download the raw email (how you do this varies between email clients) and send it to me in a PM? Note that I'm not talking about exporting the email as a pdf or anything like that, but downloading the original email with email headers.

I edited the step, and uploaded the images in the editor, then I inserted them in the position I wanted. No remote linking to them, the jpg image was uploaded and inserted.

I downloaded the raw email with gmail and sent it to your in a PM.

Thanks

Edited by OptimusBain
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello

I have added members manually to receive a private conversation.  Then, I edited the campaign and hit save, in hopes that the same people would receive the edited version of my message.  It did not work.  Is there a way to do this so I don't have to manually re-add the members every time I want to send the same people a new message?   I should add, I did not change the title, just edited the text.  

• 2 weeks later...

I have few minor suggestions😍

• Fire a webhook when an instance is started ( payload: Member & Campaign)
  • It would be handy if there was also a webhook when a campaign is created/started, but I guess this could be really tricky.. not sure if it's really reasonable.
  • A REST endpoint where one could start & cancel a specific campaign for a specific member

Some help please if you don't mind. I have had to re-install this recently and I don't seem able to recreate the processed correctly this time around.

1. We trigger an email to a member when they register with instructions on how to activate their account. They start (register) in the New Member group. They only have access to one sub-forum which forces them to introduce themselves. As soon as that post is approved by a Mod, we use Group Promotions to move them into the Member group.

The first part of this (sending an email upon registration) is working perfect via Drip Campaigns.

It's the next part I am getting stuck on. What I am trying to do is as soon as that member gets moved from New Member, to Member, I want to send them an email. This is how I have it setup currently, and it's not triggering:

If you could tell me what I am doing wrong please? Thanks in advance! 🙂

image.thumb.png.2d2c43775542930c628ffe3e68e90f14.png

On the surface it seems right from your screenshot. I assume you are looking at user that has changed from New Member to Member (after the campaign was created) and they did not have the campaign assigned? You may need to send me a PM with your ACP login details and an example member to look at in order for me to take a closer look.

Hey @rebraf,

A friendly suggestion for the next version. 🙂

In the adminCP, when you click Members under DRIP CAMPAIGNS, you see a list of members who have had drip campaigns assigned to them and the status of the campaign.  Cool.  However, as someone who has to manually trigger reminder campaigns for clients whose accounts are running low, is it possible to include the date of the last trigger in this list?  I know the most recent appear at the top of the list, but some of my clients burn through far more of my time than others so if this list were dated I'd know when the last was sent out to make sure I wasn't needlessly spamming.

So if, in adminCP > Campaigns > Members, the headings were something like Name - Email - Campaign - Date Triggered - Status I think that would be helpful.  Thanks!

• 4 months later...

Hello @rebraftrust you are doing well and staying safe.

I would like to suggest a couple of suggestions for the drip campaigns module. 

1  Adding a trigger that will remove a member from the current drip campaign.

When? 

A. Remove member from campaign if he buys a product or subscription.

This feature would be so helpful. New members that do not purchase a product or subscription are receiving a drip campaign whose emails are trying to sell them a product. What happens when the product is purchased? The member is receiving the same drip campaign emails AS IF they had not purchased the product.

Could it be possible to add this feature?

B. Remove member from campaign when his user group (primary or secondary) has changed.

Thanks so much.

• 1 month later...

Good day @rebraf

Hope you are doing well. I just wanted to let you know that the Drip Campaigns application does not work with the newly release version 4.7.2.

The application has been disabled and locked because it's incompatible with PHP 8.0. I do not have 8.0 installed in my community, but ACP locked the application, and now the drip emails won't be sent since the application has been disabled.

Would you be so kind as to fix the issues and submit the new version to the marketplace? I rely on these emails for newcomers and other user groups and now the emails are not being sent.

Thanks so much for such a great app.

I updated my installation to 4.7.2 and ran the compatibility scanner and only one application (not in the marketplace) is being flagged. I suspect the compatibility scanner isn't running correctly for some reason since it is throwing errors at the code level.

Can you tell me what the compatibility scanner (on the support tool) is saying about this application isn't compatible? I've gone through and looked at all the hooks and I don't see any that should be triggering a warning off the top of my head.

5 minutes ago, rebraf said:

I updated my installation to 4.7.2 and ran the compatibility scanner and only one application (not in the marketplace) is being flagged. I suspect the compatibility scanner isn't running correctly for some reason since it is throwing errors at the code level.

Can you tell me what the compatibility scanner (on the support tool) is saying about this application isn't compatible? I've gone through and looked at all the hooks and I don't see any that should be triggering a warning off the top of my head.

Mine is not identifying any issues with Drip Campaigns.