Landing Page ( Support Topic )

2 hours ago, Dean_ said:

And the above bug report. It effects other blocks too? I went to add something else but the images I had uploaded in the previous block were showing in the editor.

Fixed for the next update

2 hours ago, Dean_ said:

With this request could we have it so there are no title boxes that are required for the whole block or individual image blocks. I don’t mind having them but I won’t use them.

there is no actual box titles you will only add a image and url ( up to 8 per block ), the title you are seeing in that image is the overall blocks title and they are not required

21 minutes ago, ToeJam said:

....Oh and before I forget, can I get the blocks to inherit permissions from forums who would allow members to see topics but cannot read?  That way they can see blocks but cannot access. 

Pretty Please with XTRA sugar on top... :biggrin:

The problem with this is unlike the forums it uses the title and some text of the topic, when you use that setting on the forums you are only seeing the title and none of the topic, if it is a topic with only a few words then the whole topic is in view for members who can't read them

Updated to 1.0.8

New Features

• Added 3 new blocks
    • Main Block Carousel ( Multiple Selections )
      • This will allow you to select multiple main blocks and add them all in a carousel division
      • This will ignore the block disabled feature allowing you to disable the main block and just show it in this carousel
      • This will inherit each main blocks permissions on who can view
    • Secondary Block Carousel ( Multiple Selections )
      • This will allow you to select multiple secondary blocks and add them all in a carousel division
      • This will ignore the block disabled feature allowing you to disable the main block and just show it in this carousel
      • This will inherit each main blocks permissions on who can view
    • Images With URLs
      • This will allow you to add images what links to URLs of your choice
      • You can add up to 8 images and URLs per block
  • Added a setting to the main blocks allowing you to add a background to the text ( Useful for if you are using bright images )
  • Added a setting allowing you to animate the blocks when scrolling down the page and the blocks come into view
    • No Animation
    • Slide In - Right To Left
    • Slide In - Left To Right
    • Fade In
    • Fade In Down
    • Pulse Once
    • Zoom In
    • Wobble
  • If using animations you have a choice of 3 speeds to use
    • Very Slow ( 1.2 Seconds )
    • Slow ( 0.8 Seconds )
    • Fast ( 0.2 Seconds)
  • Added a order by to the forum topics block allowing you to order them by last replied to
  • Re-wrote the secondary blocks for when viewing on mobiles so the images position on top of the text on all block ( Looks better when scrolling down )

If anyone wants to see the animation I have the zoom in one enabled here https://flashmodding.com/

1 hour ago, Dean_ said:

I have one issue but not sure who to ask. The Image with URL works great on the default theme, but it doesn't work on Ehren's Titan theme. Is it best for you to look at it or ask Ehren?

I could probably look at it and see if there is a custom css code what'll fix it, whats the problem anyway?

Another bug with this update, longer titles are not truncated.

BE783293-05D4-4CE0-8BDF-5FF835DFD21A.thumb.jpeg.46d5e03289a67c70d1f53f19a6e00b90.jpeg

And the issue with the image url

46B69D74-91FB-4A9B-88A4-4779D24E168E.thumb.jpeg.2efd5615007aea9e7129078955673997.jpeg

As you’ll see it’s not showing as it should.

Just found another

A74A0E07-AF74-41C6-A684-5B15E04B066D.jpeg.62e4b7963db900b2ee361893dbdf9b85.jpeg

CSS issue with topic blocks with images? (mobile view iOS)

Edited by Dean_
10 hours ago, Dean_ said:

CSS issue with topic blocks with images? (mobile view iOS)

ipsfocus themes always seem to use custom elements and css throwing IPS out of the window, I only ever has issues with them themes and 95% of my elements with match IPS css, I send you a message I can send you a custom.css code probably to add to that theme

5 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

I have a custom theme from ipsfocus and was having a similar issue.

Each block has a unique ID now too so you could only add the css edit to that block only and not all other blocks what use the same elements

body[data-pageapp="landingpage"] div#block_39.landingpage_blocks > aElementAfterThe.landingpage_blocks {
    your code
}

body[data-pageapp="landingpage"] div#block_39.landingpage_blocks > aElementAfterThe.landingpage_blocks > maybeAnotherElementAfter {
    your code
} 

with the block_39 being unique to that block

Please could you add more setting for Forum Posts ( Multiple Selections )?

Select what forums you want to pull the topics from: 

-From specific topic

-Miss clubs

-Featrures or not

-Pin or not

-Hide or not

Order By:

-miss Pin one and others by random

Edited by kmk

IMG_20200222_121511.thumb.jpg.5c615ec75558bb093c81ccf3643c7549.jpg

Orange: adjustment of position 

Green : so small space for content, could you add permission to 3 rows auto detected? And make the box (blue square) expanded or condensed according if it will have 3 rows or less, avoiding so much gap space if it detect only one row content. 

Red: 1. etween the title and author, maybe can reduce the gap space, make it a little more compact. 2. Maybe we don't need this line separator. 

Got this today while trying to add a pure editor box

Error: Call to a member function save() on null (0)
#0 /home/------/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\landingpage\modules\admin\main\_blocks->editorBlock()
#1 /home/------/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/------/public_html/applications/landingpage/modules/admin/main/blocks.php(25): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/------/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\landingpage\modules\admin\main\_blocks->execute()
#4 /home/------/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Just an idea, but with forum topics, if you have an image in the topic it leaves a lot of space for the topics that have no image. Maybe a setting that if an image exists, do not include topic text and just cut off after the author line, include author and date only. Looks much better and saves screen space. I like the image option but out of lets say 8, I have only 2 with images where the rest don't, so its not ideal.

2 hours ago, kmk said:

Hi, can I request some style block that let me redirect to anywhere with stylish buttons? Like below... 

can you explain that more?

57 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Just an idea, but with forum topics, if you have an image in the topic it leaves a lot of space for the topics that have no image. Maybe a setting that if an image exists, do not include topic text and just cut off after the author line, include author and date only. Looks much better and saves screen space. I like the image option but out of lets say 8, I have only 2 with images where the rest don't, so its not ideal.

the boxes will be sized on the biggest one in the row, if you have 4 in a row with 2 rows and the top has a image in it the rest in that row ( NOT THE GRID JUST THE ROW ) will automatically grow to the size of the one with a image, this keeps the grids looking good and the same size instead of one maybe 400px tall then the one next to it being 250px that would look wrong, if I was to remove the text of the ones with a image then the ones with a image will still need to adjust their height to match the rest in the rows with text and then the images will either all be different sizes or there will be a gap still

Edited by TheJackal84
2 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

the boxes will be sized on the biggest one in the row, if you have 4 in a row with 2 rows and the top has a image in it the rest in that row ( NOT THE GRID JUST THE ROW ) will automatically grow to the size of the one with a image, this keeps the grids looking good and the same size instead of one maybe 400px tall then the one next to it being 250px that would look wrong, if I was to remove the text of the ones with a image then the ones with a image will still need to adjust their height to match the rest in the rows with text and then the images will either all be different sizes or there will be a gap still

Right, but if the image is equal to let’s say 5-6 lines of text plus the text of that topic, boxes with no images all get white space because they aren’t filling that area with a default image or anything else like more text. Maybe truncate text for topics with images or something like that. I found that if I remove the text in the boxes that have an image, looks much more compact and nicer. In a perfect world every topic would have an image but in my case they don’t.

14 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Right, but if the image is equal to let’s say 5-6 lines of text plus the text of that topic, boxes with no images all get white space because they aren’t filling that area with a default image or anything else like more text. Maybe truncate text for topics with images or something like that. I found that if I remove the text in the boxes that have an image, looks much more compact and nicer. In a perfect world every topic would have an image but in my case they don’t.

it's the same as if someone made a topic saying hello, it would have lots of empty space but there is nothing that can be done with that without having random size boxes which would make the grids look horrible, I can add a setting for a default background on that like a few of the others have when no image is uploaded what'll be, example the memebrs block member not having a cover photo shows a background in place

Edited by TheJackal84
48 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

it's the same as if someone made a topic saying hello, it would have lots of empty space but there is nothing that can be done with that without having random size boxes which would make the grids look horrible, I can add a setting for a default background on that like a few of the others have when no image is uploaded what'll be, example the memebrs block member not having a cover photo shows a background in place

That’s a good idea, a default image. Maybe a few? So it randomly takes a default image let’s say 1-4. Although 1 is better than none 🙂 

56 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

can you explain that more?

I want someone block similar the post block style, maybe it can be editor, but need ability to insert different style of redirect buttons . 

4 hours ago, kmk said:

IMG_20200301_092932.jpg

Just bought this, and its super buggy for me. 

1. I am unable to add content as the input box is just not there: 

1037543426_ScreenShot03-01-20at06_49PM.thumb.PNG.90bb8017589380dc7057464a7c6291d9.PNG

2. If I try putting a youtube video in the "Content Blocks" it appears for a while, but then for some inexplicable reason it starts showing an iframe of the forum itself. 

9 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

1. I am unable to add content as the input box is just not there: 

This is not a problem with the application it will he something to do with your ACP js or your web browser, do a search on here for editor not loading or editor not working etc and maybe you will find a fix there if not you should send IPS a ticket and explain your editors are not loading in the ACP

10 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

2. If I try putting a youtube video in the "Content Blocks" it appears for a while, but then for some inexplicable reason it starts showing an iframe of the forum itself.

I'll look into it and check, if it shows your sites homepage normally that means a wrong src to the iframe