Landing Page ( Support Topic )

14 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Suggestion on topics blocks, maybe add some of the same configurations that are in pages blocks that feed topics?

they use the permissions on who can read, You can see them your the admin, If you logout of your account they should change, I'll sort it anyway so they won't show at all

2 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

Another suggestion which can be achieved with custom.css, for the blocks like subscriptions, topics, etc., that are in a grid pattern, maybe add an option for 3 or 4 per row. Custom css you can change to 4 by applying this to the page only.

the subscriptions and products / download etc will have 3 different sizes depending how many you show, If you show 1 it's full width, 2 is half and 3 is a third, I can probably add 4 will be a 4th if you wanted

15 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

they use the permissions on who can read, You can see them your the admin, If you logout of your account they should change, I'll sort it anyway so they won't show at all

the subscriptions and products / download etc will have 3 different sizes depending how many you show, If you show 1 it's full width, 2 is half and 3 is a third, I can probably add 4 will be a 4th if you wanted

I'm assuming topics are sorted by start date or by last reply/activity? Would be good to have an option to sort by last replied as well.

yes, please add a 4th for 4 in a row if you can. Wasn't sure how it worked because I selected all 4 that I have and it showed 3 in one row and 1 in an additional row.  Thanks

I'm assuming topics are sorted by start date or by last reply/activity? Would be good to have an option to sort by last replied as well.

yeah mate, I'll look into them

yes, please add a 4th for 4 in a row if you can. Wasn't sure how it worked because I selected all 4 that I have and it showed 3 in one row and 1 in an additional row.  Thanks

yeah, I personally like 4 rows as I like smaller boxes etc so that won't be a problem

Updated to 1.0.3

New Features

• Added a member block allowing you to display a list of members
  • Changed the grids to allow it to use up to a maximum of 4 items in a row depending how how many you are showing
  • Added Widgets
    • Each block can be used in a widget to place anywhere on you site
    • Widgets can be embedded into pages allowing you to create custom landing pages for your pages stuff
    • Widget blocks will ignore the disabled block feature so you can disable any blocks you don't want to show on the main landing page and still use them as widgets to place on other pages
    • Widgets can be added multiple times

With the latest update I see that post before register topics are no longer included, thanks, but I seem to have an issue with it obeying the forum selector and after I create the block, I can no longer go in and check/un-check forums to include. I deleted the block and re-created to check again, same issue.

With the new member block, I'm getting a prefix:

image.png.a9394f3c092518b3633a4caa5ce4c17e.png

On 12/13/2019 at 5:31 AM, TheJackal84 said:

yes mate, the next update will have another one where you can upload your own images to the block it self via the ACP

yeah to that too :biggrin:, i'll be doing that to all the titles

Hey, any ETA as to when we can exspect these features to drop in a new update ?

7 hours ago, lostking329 said:

When using the forum block I have notcied that is it also including posts form other categories? can way we could fix this?

7 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

Same on my end.

hopefully it's an easy fix

Re-download it mate, Sorry for that, I added a function to ignore any post before register and it then ignored the forum id's, All sorted now though

Also would be good to see some sort of ogrnization with the members block so we could have leaders of a clan above the admins etc

What do you mean? you want to custom order them?

Edited by TheJackal84
5 minutes ago, beats23 said:

Is it possible to get the items in the nexus block to show full photos. The photos for the items in the shop does not display correctly on the landing page .

it covers the background with the image the same way the IPS Subscriptions and Our Picks work, it is because images can be all different heights and widths etc, you can add this to your custom.css to contain the image

.landingpageItemHeader {
    background-size: contain;
    background-color: transparent;
}

added the transparent background incase some images are smaller in width it will just have transparent sides

or you can mess with the position of the images, at the minute they are placed centred 

.landingpageItemHeader {
    background-position: 50% 50%;
}

change the % and test out different positions

4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

it covers the background with the image the same way the IPS Subscriptions and Our Picks work, it is because images can be all different heights and widths etc, you can add this to your custom.css to contain the image

.landingpageItemHeader {
    background-size: contain;
    background-color: transparent;
}

added the transparent background incase some images are smaller in width it will just have transparent sides

or you can mess with the position of the images, at the minute they are placed centred 

.landingpageItemHeader {
    background-position: 50% 50%;
}

change the % and test out different positions

Thanks.

19 hours ago, lostking329 said:

Hey, any ETA as to when we can exspect these features to drop in a new update ?

They are already being wrote but I need to find the best way to work it with the database, I am trying to keep it all in one but might need to do 2 and don't wanna rush it just to get it out :biggrin: But don't worry like I say I am working it already along with other blocks what will hold multiple images like @Dean_'s requests for a sponsor's block etc.

P.S If anyone has any other ideas let me know as I am running out 😕

P.P.S if anyone is good at making images let me know as I can do a lot of things but make a image ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I wanna use this myself but need good images for my stuff

18 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Re-download it mate, Sorry for that, I added a function to ignore any post before register and it then ignored the forum id's, All sorted now though

What do you mean? you want to custom order them?

Yeah like to have the leaders above in two or three boxes say and the admins and mods under them in slightly smaller boxes?

23 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

They are already being wrote but I need to find the best way to work it with the database, I am trying to keep it all in one but might need to do 2 and don't wanna rush it just to get it out :biggrin: But don't worry like I say I am working it already along with other blocks what will hold multiple images like @Dean_'s requests for a sponsor's block etc.

P.S If anyone has any other ideas let me know as I am running out 😕

P.P.S if anyone is good at making images let me know as I can do a lot of things but make a image ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I wanna use this myself but need good images for my stuff

Could the Pure Editor also have the option of including 1/2 buttons?

Here's another, within the commerce block, is there a way to show the first box as a registration box.
Box 1, Register on the site. Box 2, commerce package and same with box 3 and so on...

I know you showed how to add features on the site within the editor box, but being a noob at this, I couldn't work out how to do it. So would you be able to add a block to which we could add 1-6 blocks on the front page, like so;
features.PNG.3b06882b3322807a4769f830afe2558a.PNG

For ease I'd prefer boxes that I can just edit text and add a icon.

P.S. I might be able to help with images (depending on what it is that needs doing?), so give us a pm to see if I can be of any use.

Edited by Dean_
  • 2 weeks later...

Firstly happy new year everyone,

Secondly I have been working on the update to this when I have had time, If all goes well it should be updated be tomorrow, here's a quick glimpse of the update

spacer.png

There should be a couple more blocks added before it gets released too, I also rewrote the way to add blocks in the ACP as you can see from the picture you will select your block type first then move to the next step where it will only show the settings for that block instead of having lot's of toggling etc 

4 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

Is it possible not to have every text box as a required one, I think it was mentioned before? Sometime I would like to add text but not a heading. And not have it required to add an image too?

Yeah I can look into the titles not being required, I think that was requested yeah, The one to not require a image you could just use the pure editor etc cos that's just more around of what it will be without a image setting, there will be loads of different blocks coming to this now I sorted out the adding of them in the ACP ( toggling settings gets messy when there is lots )

Edited by TheJackal84

Updated to 1.0.4

New Features

• Re-wrote the way you add the blocks in the ACP making it easier on the eyes and more compact
  • Re-wrote the image uploads so you can now upload multiple images on certain blocks
    • If updating this will automatically transfer any images over to the new image storage location
  • Added the ability for you to upload multiple images for the secondary blocks what will be used in a carousal division
  • Made the title's not required on the settings of the blocks
  • Added 8 new blocks
    • Added a main block with multiple image backgrounds block
      • This allows you to add up to 5 images each with its own title and content ( Editor ) with a choice of adding 2 link buttons on each one what will be used in a carousal division'
    • Added a sponsors block
      • This will add a block allowing you to add up to 8 sponsors showing their name, some content, a image and a link button
    • Added a content block
      • This will add a block containing up to 8 grid elements containing a font-awesome icon, some header text and some content using the editor
    • Added a image carousel block
      • This will add a block allowing you to upload multiple images in a carousel slide show
    • Added a Media Uploader block ( Media Uploader must be installed to use this block )
      • This will add a block containing your selected media from the media uploader application
    • Added a Members Shop block ( Members Shop must be installed to use this block )
      • This will add a block containing your selected items from the members shop application
    • Added 2 tournament blocks ( Tournaments must be installed to use this block )
      • Added a tournaments block
        • This will add a block containing your selected tournaments from the tournaments application
      • Added a tournaments teams block
        • This will add a block containing your selected tournament teams from the tournaments application

Bug Fix

• Fixed the bug where it might not show the text in buttons on the secondary blocks