Landing Page ( Support Topic )

Alright, have the flu but going to try and do this correctly.

Here is my block list in the ACP

1494006714_ACPBlockList.thumb.png.38d94720a490e1100ddb1ff1f39cb483.png

1A - Here is the front page view of all Latest topics and supposed to be in order as to latest reply.  (whats missing here as you'll see below is the topic "Keiffer")

1855583194_FPGeneralLatest.thumb.jpg.981fdb1f695955ef59b90b6cdecc290a.jpg

1B - Block Settings for above

165079770_ACPGeneralLatest.thumb.png.e726e4df3559e06b3bccf3cc6a85aef2.png

Even though topics from all forums is selected, some topics that were replied back to are not showing up.

1B- Here is my second block on the front page for one forum List,

939118219_FPLatestNational.thumb.jpg.35d439e18ee0da2944446c1cf5596f33.jpg

2B- Here is what's actually in that forum that should show up.  What's missing should be "Kieffer | Starlilite then "Pride".  But up above ^ it shows Pride and omits Kieffer

2007410319_ForumNational.thumb.png.2baf24497338965ffe03dfbbebcc2d98.png

2C - Here us the settings for this block.  Just one selected.

881445982_ACPLatestNational.thumb.png.b8ccb1ee905c30b3ac6490feb09a8b30.png

The third here kind of a repeat but it's still another block I have from the front page (Wilkie 520 in wrong order see below)

1549543927_FPLatestTruck.thumb.png.dbd7dedf8bc36aff44dfdfa403a7f3e8.png1904584116_ACPLatestTrucks.thumb.png.13f31b482ba24aa723399925db71a7b2.png

17723728_ForumTrucks.thumb.png.d676daa066b429419ff9376784cdf310.png

What would really benefit me and to help get free members to upgrade to a subscription is if this permissions was observed in your mod below.  "Users can see topics posted by others" but cannot access content.  Before your mod I used a portal page by a modder, and this was observed

201745696_ForumPermissions.thumb.png.50c7a7ca5a89957bbf5c79c47e73b1e9.png

Hope I'm making sense.  Maybe I'm doing someething wrong

Anyhow, thanks again!

10 minutes ago, ToeJam said:

1A - Here is the front page view of all Latest topics and supposed to be in order as to latest reply.  (whats missing here as you'll see below is the topic "Keiffer")

Keiffer was created in 2009, you are using the block Forum Topics and newest first, You want want to use the block Topic Posts and newest first, Forum Topics show topics only Forum Posts show topic comments only

10 minutes ago, ToeJam said:

What would really benefit me and to help get free members to upgrade to a subscription is if this permissions was observed in your mod below.  "Users can see topics posted by others" but cannot access content.  Before your mod I used a portal page by a modder, and this was observed

I'll check that out

Edited by TheJackal84
14 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Keiffer was created in 2009, you are using the block Forum Topics and newest first, You want want to use the block Topic Posts and newest first, Forum Topics show topics only Forum Posts show topic comments only

I'll check that out

I'm a little lost.  So how Do I show Latest replied to topics?

I still have the Portal from DevFuse installed and I just enabled it real quick to show what I'm trying to do.  This displays the latest replied to topics

DefFuse.thumb.png.3f40542059510d826cb1b32480c1e840.png

thanks!

6 minutes ago, ToeJam said:

Yes, that's the block I used to create these, and the one I'm having problems with

It's not, forum posts have 2 options either random or newest your image shows the options available for forum topics, plus the forum posts dont show topic images and show the actual comments and not the topics text, this block was introduced in 1.0.7 the latest update it's a brand new block

Edited by TheJackal84
4 minutes ago, ToeJam said:

I'm attaching a step by step of my process and I'm getting the same result

Read what you are adding

spacer.png

mine has lots more blocks cos I have more apps installed than you, Ignore the positions of the blocks on my images and read the names and descriptions of the blocks

Edited by TheJackal84

Ahhhhh, LoL that post up above ^ with the check mark you displayed threw my off and I was copying that.  Yours are different than mine.  Got it.

But, now that I use the one I'm supposed to, it's showing multiple posts.  Can I just show the topic that was last replied to, not the individual comments in that topic?

Multi comments.png

Edited by ToeJam
34 minutes ago, kmk said:

Is possible change the application as homepage when I have all blocks set up? I need more time to have it finished, before that I don´t want show it public.

How To Install

• Download the .tar file
  • Head to your ACP and go to applications then click install
  • Upload the downloaded .tar file
  • Once Installed go to the community tab and select the Landing Page Blocks tab then start adding your blocks
  • Go to the main applications page and click to set this application as the default app for your site
  • Now go to your sites main URL and you will now have this application as the landing page to your site

4 hours ago, kmk said:

Is possible change the application as homepage when I have all blocks set up? I need more time to have it finished, before that I don´t want show it public.

Yes, I did this first.

ACP > Applications > Select the application (landing) > then click the arrow > this will show another 'landing page' > click the padlock and choose your permissions.
permissions.thumb.JPG.1b45965c0e8b598867a94067654ad66e.JPG

You can then access the page using this link (with our own url) - https://MYSITE.com/index.php?app=landingpage&module=main&controller=landingpage

Obviously then set the app to default and change the permissions to set as home page.

Edited by Dean_

Is there a way we can grab articles (pages) into the same layout as topics (with grabbing pictures from the first posts) with a selection box to pick what categories we'd like to show.

Also, with calendar events too?

Edited by Dean_
10 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

Is there a way we can grab articles (pages) into the same layout as topics (with grabbing pictures from the first posts) with a selection box to pick what categories we'd like to show.

I don't own pages so can't do any work with it

13 minutes ago, Dean_ said:

Also, with calendar events too?

I'll look into the events and see what I can pull out

On 2/16/2020 at 3:32 PM, AlexWebsites said:

I just updated, did you add the page url anywhere because I don't see it. Just curious.

If you ever see me I'll allow you to slap me, ( I completly forgot to add it, I will add it today for the next update )

Speaking of, I have re-wrote most of the blocks so it will look a bit better ( much on mobiles ) I have also added 2 more blocks

Main Block Carousel ( Multiple Selections )

• With this you can create lots and lots of main blocks have them disabled then show them in one carousel block ( This will inherit the who can view each one permissions )
  • There is also a setting to show a background colour to the text as seen on the welcome to your site image below

spacer.png

Secondary Blocks Carousel ( Multiple Selections )

• With this you can create lots and lots of secondary blocks have them disabled then show them in one carousel block ( This will inherit the who can view each one permissions )

spacer.png

Found a bug -

Using - Content Blocks ( Multiple Selections ) - if you have no text and just use pictures (I used 3 blocks and 3 pictures) it duplicates all 3 images into all of the blocks. This mean each box shows the same 3 picstures, so in all it shows 9.

Could I request image blocks with URL links only.

Just like the Content Blocks ( Multiple Selections ) but no text, and have an option to show maybe 5-10 in a whole block? I don't want an image carousel, but 3/4 seperate boxes that I can upload an image to. But have it so I can set custom URLs so when people click the image it will take them to a desired link.

On my home page I'd like to show it like this -
blocks.thumb.JPG.4b71efefe8f80fe6fa22c0bac5edbcaa.JPG

I don't want to use the editor as it wont be responsive. And I really like how the forums/topics blocks is layed out currently. As I set it to 4 boxes on desktop view.

Edited by Dean_
13 hours ago, Dean_ said:

Could I request image blocks with URL links only.

Just like the Content Blocks ( Multiple Selections ) but no text, and have an option to show maybe 5-10 in a whole block? I don't want an image carousel, but 3/4 seperate boxes that I can upload an image to. But have it so I can set custom URLs so when people click the image it will take them to a desired link.

On my home page I'd like to show it like this -
blocks.thumb.JPG.4b71efefe8f80fe6fa22c0bac5edbcaa.JPG

You can request anything :biggrin: I love new ideas ( especially good ones )

spacer.png

13 hours ago, Dean_ said:

I don't want to use the editor as it wont be responsive. And I really like how the forums/topics blocks is layed out currently. As I set it to 4 boxes on desktop view.

You should use carousel for topics and other content ones its really nice on desktop and mobiles and you can add as many as you want in one line

Edited by TheJackal84

And the above bug report. It effects other blocks too? I went to add something else but the images I had uploaded in the previous block were showing in the editor.

Not sure if that was saved editor content ...

2 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

You can request anything :biggrin: I love new ideas ( especially good ones )

spacer.png

With this request could we have it so there are no title boxes that are required for the whole block or individual image blocks. I don’t mind having them but I won’t use them.