- 1 video:

QLr3iw2.png

- 2 videos:

YFX1qMj.png

- 3 videos:

8OUWof2.png

- 4 videos:

ROs82Lz.png

Excuse my ignorance Adriano but should I be seeing that block in the landing page settings now? Do I have to do anything on my end to see that block? Thanks!

Adriano maybe you can help me out with this? I just installed it on my eighties forum and I added the content blocks block and selected carousel but I'm having this issue. It's funny because I have the same the style on my other forum but it doesn't give me that issue. Maybe you have an idea on what the problem might be? Thanks!

134559200_Webcapture_2-4-2021_74912_www.welovetheeighties_com.thumb.jpeg.b6dc42afd0ad9f909345e56868f57dc3.jpeg

What's New in Version 1.1.1:

• New block: Youtube embed videos
  • Added support to Calendar
  • Added support to Blogs
  • Added support to Raffles System
  • Added support to Tutorials
  • Added support to Links Directory
  • Added support to Quizzes
  • Added support to Staff Applications System
  • Added support to Books
  • Added support to Movies
  • Added support to Games
  • Added support to Music
  • Script optimization

The only thing it does and can be compared with Pages is blocks. Still not a fair comparison. In this app you choose predefined blocks. Pages is way more powerful because you can create your own blocks. It has a lot of other features and it’s always better to be supported by the 1st party.

On the other hand, if you have no interest in create pages or databases (crud basically), I wouldn’t buy Pages but that’s just me.

Edited by Adriano Faria
4 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

Dude, I'd almost buy this just because you used Black Sabbath Vol. 4 and Moving Pictures as examples! 😎

Seriously though, one question - is Landing Page meant to give functionality to people who don't have the Pages module installed?  Are there things LP does that you can't do in Pages?

For me, the big difference is the pre-made blocks. 

I've owned Pages for years and still find it a bit complicated. 

With this app, you add blocks, adjust (if desired) and go. Done & done. 

Edited by haqzore

@Adriano Faria

• Calendar block: has issues with long event names (see below)Capture.thumb.PNG.3640cd0683ba9da33119fa5821363455.PNG
  • Calendar block: Can we add an "Order by" choice for the newest event date? For example: if there is an event tomorrow, it will show that one first. Then if there is an event in 2 days, that would be shown next... Etc...
  • All content blocks: Maybe add an option to have the final carousel / grid item be a "View more" type block? Example: if the block in a forum topics block would be a "View more" and link to the forum index. Last block in a calendar block would be a "View more" and link to the calendar. Etc..
  • Is it possible to make carousel blocks auto-scroll at an interval?
Edited by haqzore
3 hours ago, haqzore said:
  • Calendar block: has issues with long event names (see below)Capture.thumb.PNG.3640cd0683ba9da33119fa5821363455.PNG

Quick fix: open the landingpage -> front -> main -> calendarEventsBlock template and find:

<h2 class='ipsType_reset ipsType_large ipsType_blendLinks'>

Change to:

<h2 class='ipsType_reset ipsType_large ipsType_blendLinks ipsTruncate ipsTruncate_line'>

It shows twice. Change in both. Save.

3bvlwz9.png

Definitive fix in a future version, when I'll take a look at your suggestions. 👍

Edited by Adriano Faria
17 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Quick fix: open the landingpage -> front -> main -> calendarEventsBlock template and find:

Change to:

<h2 class='ipsType_reset ipsType_large ipsType_blendLinks ipsTruncate ipsTruncate_line'>

3bvlwz9.png

Definitive fix in a future version, when I'll take a look at your suggestions. 👍

Thanks a bunch. 

The "order by" option will be important. As is, the current ordering choices aren't especially useful for a landing page. (With "Random" potentially showing something tomorrow followed by something months away, etc. And "newest" being very unpredictable as well in terms of what shows.) 

Appreciate you! 

Edited by haqzore
18 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Change to:

3bvlwz9.png

I am only finding it once in the template. Perhaps I'm doing this wrong?

Untitled.thumb.png.fc64cd69430286927954130e2774b231.png

Edited by haqzore
On 4/7/2021 at 9:57 PM, Michael R said:

I am looking for a solution to building a nicer front page. I have pages, but am wondering if this would be a simpler option. Is there a live demo? Would anyone be willing to post links to their sites so I can see it in action?

As no one shared their landing page, just made a quick one using a few of the various blocks: https://www.sosinvision.com.br/

The usage is pretty simple:

1 - Choose a block among the option you have (more apps, more blocks):

yDFzjNd.png

2 - Configure each block according to their settings. The following example is for the Topics block:

c9xmCMn.png

It's done.

You can also reorder the blocks:

4Z5wUnx.png

Then you just need to set Landing Page as default app:

VDzOvwK.png

Btw, you can choose which user groups will be able to view each topic. Still, it checks the content for the block. I mean, if you choose MEMBERS block and you set Guests to not view profiles, then the Members block will not show up to guests.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2021 at 10:17 AM, haqzore said:

The "order by" option will be important. As is, the current ordering choices aren't especially useful for a landing page. (With "Random" potentially showing something tomorrow followed by something months away, etc. And "newest" being very unpredictable as well in terms of what shows.) 

I removed the option to set the order in block, as they doesn't make sense in events, and they're ordered now by the event date, just like the Upcoming Events widget.

FD3qH54.png

New version will also have a Guest Block, so you can add a message. It will also display the Sign In and Sign Up buttons on it.

vN411DQ.png

0dSnLrB.png