Chat Application ( Support Topic )

One of our clients has a huge system log database table full with following error:

SELECT * FROM `chatapp_chatrooms`  LEFT JOIN `core_permission_index` ON core_permission_index.app='chatapp' AND core_permission_index.perm_type='chatroom' AND core_permission_index.perm_type_id=chatapp_chatrooms.id WHERE (( FIND_IN_SET(2,perm_) ) OR perm_='*' )
Unknown column 'perm_' in 'where clause'

Updated to 1.1.0

New Features

• Reactions ( Members can now react to messages in chatrooms :D )
    • You can choose what user groups can react to messages in each room via the permission matrix of the chatrooms
    • Member created chatrooms and club chatrooms will allow reactions to the members who have permisson to chat in them
  • Report Messages ( Members can now report messages 📢 )
  • Redesigned the global pop up chat box
    • You can now toggle the width of the pop up box allowing the use of reactions and private messages ( When not browsing via mobile phones as their screens are not wide enough )
    • Added the ability for moderators with permissions to edit and delete the messages via the chat box
    • Added a report icon to the messages on the chat box
  • Changed some css in the chatrooms for the compact style making it look more fresher
  • When you delete a message it now uses a ajax call so the page won't refresh

Bug Fixing

• Currently removed the sitemap function for this app while I work on finding the bug

rrr.thumb.gif.eba285d8d1652d0e1f011de36e140606.gif

4 hours ago, Alismora said:

Jesus Christ.  I check in here occasionally to see your progress and there's been so much improvement since May.  

no way wow GIF

I might have to bite the bullet soon and finally replace our mediocre arrowchat.

Yeah I'm with you there. All I want is the bar of Arrowchat. That way all the widget based stuff is optional, and you can just minimize it responsively when people want to actually look at the site footer.

It'd be really cool to have two way bots. Where you can make a real time chat room into an updated thread or list of threads for private and public conversations sent to the site. either in blogs, forums or which ever else. This would make it similar to telegram where you can view things like files, links, messages sent to the room.

6 hours ago, Alismora said:

I might have to bite the bullet soon and finally replace our mediocre arrowchat. 

do it best gif GIF

1 hour ago, Elshara Silverheart said:

Yeah I'm with you there. All I want is the bar of Arrowchat. That way all the widget based stuff is optional, and you can just minimize it responsively when people want to actually look at the site footer.

I can add a setting so it can shrink all the way down to a small button  if thats what you want ( I got no problem adding features for 1 person as long as there can be a setting for enabling / disabling it then no one can moan I don't want that ), I also have not forgot your other requests but will do updates in stages as it is quite a big app with a lot of features already so sometimes ( like with the reactions being added ) it required a lot of re-writing to the existing code

3 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

do it best gif GIF

I can add a setting so it can shrink all the way down to a small button  if thats what you want ( I got no problem adding features for 1 person as long as there can be a setting for enabling / disabling it then no one can moan I don't want that ), I also have not forgot your other requests but will do updates in stages as it is quite a big app with a lot of features already so sometimes ( like with the reactions being added ) it required a lot of re-writing to the existing code

Please, go ahead with that plan. I think that'd be interesting. If you do one thing, take your time with this and every app you make. As a developer, there's nothing more rewarding then when you pay attention to detail in a dedicated, and if necessary, or needs be, a slow and purposeful manner. that way, you remember what you already have made changes to, and can still make new features happen as they come up without losing sight of what you've already built as this can run away on you which is where bugs happen.

I'll tell you this. You're an excellent web author and I'm excited to see what's already happening here. Ultimately it's up to you what you wish to build for the app. So please, take my feature suggestions and every body elses at face value, for if you don't see a reason to keep it, you have my permission to disregard my own in that circumstance. But I do think it helps, which is why I look forward to everything made here, as I know it's done with love, care and attention to the best chat app I've ever used.

On 5/10/2019 at 7:01 AM, Claudia999 said:

Hi @TheJackal84

many thanks for your work.

1) Do you plan a counter in the menu how much members are in chatrooms as described by @AlexWebsites?

image.png.def8eb6492b9746992d8fe6f6ae0ca88.png.c58b125a08f821aa29a922fc71a4ff4f.png

2) I think all users should be in the "Who's online"-list. Could you implement a setting if users can be anonym in chatroom or not?

3) We don't want to have chat messages in search, activity and so on. Is it possible?

4) If an user enters a chatroom all old messages should be killed. The chatroom should be empty. Is it possible?

Just curious if something like this was ever added

I would like to be able to customize the appearance of the chat in future versions.

Or to register in the unique CSS code for chat to them could be adjusted via custom.css

For Example, I cannot change the look of msgRows and msgRowsCompact chat without affecting the CSS properties for the entire forum, because global html is used .ipsApp .ipsBox:not(.ipsWidget) .ipsBox, html .ipsApp .ipsTabs_panels .ipsBox, html .ipsApp .ipsDialog > div .ipsBox ---and - -.ipsBox, .ipsPageHeader, .focus-topic-compact .focus-topic, .ipsPager, .ipsWidget, .ipsBox_alt, #comments

15 minutes ago, Arahnid said:

I would like to be able to customize the appearance of the chat in future versions.

Or to register in the unique CSS code for chat to them could be adjusted via custom.css

For Example, I cannot change the look of msgRows and msgRowsCompact chat without affecting the CSS properties for the entire forum, because global html is used .ipsApp .ipsBox:not(.ipsWidget) .ipsBox, html .ipsApp .ipsTabs_panels .ipsBox, html .ipsApp .ipsDialog > div .ipsBox ---and - -.ipsBox, .ipsPageHeader, .focus-topic-compact .focus-topic, .ipsPager, .ipsWidget, .ipsBox_alt, #comments

it uses the IPS stuff so that if installing on different themes, as long as they stick to the IPS styles there will be no black theme with a white chatroom etc, there are always many ways to do it via custom.css example if you wanted to edit rows you can use

ul#ajaxRefresh > li {
  // YOUR STUFF HERE
}

that will allow you to edit the message rows

or you could do

body[data-pageapp="chatapp"] li.ipsColumns.ipsBox  {
  // YOUR CODE HERE
}

the code above will only be activated on the chat application pages

so use

body[data-pageapp="chatapp"]

before any code and it will only be used on the chat application pages

21 hours ago, Arahnid said:

That helped, thanks!

Another wish for chat: I would like to be able instead of the standard form of the editor to send messages to include a simple window that works with the "Enter" button to send written...

If you hold CTRL and press enter it will post the messages

4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

If you hold CTRL and press enter it will post the messages

Some visitors of our community do not know how to press such a complex key combination 🙂 Therefore, it is better to give them a choice - ctrl + enter or just enter...

Just now, Arahnid said:

Some visitors of our community do not know how to press such a complex key combination 🙂 Therefore, it is better to give them a choice - ctrl + enter or just enter...

and how would we make...

a new line?

Edited by TheJackal84
7 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

a new line?

In the admin panel settings add the ability to select the form of sending messages. Either with or without a visual editor, with the send button immediately after the message input window or the enter button.

Or maybe there is some technical way to send a message from the current form of sending messages, but by pressing Enter, not on Ctrl + Enter. Java, Ajax?

Edited by Arahnid

Moreover, besides the possibility of inserting a nickname into the response form by clicking the mouse (for example, the @ sign next to the name), it would be very convenient to be able to quote messages from the chat window (a window for quoting would appear when selecting a fragment) ...

Edited by Arahnid
  • 2 weeks later...