Chat Application ( Support Topic )

@TheJackal84 

don't know if this is already been suggested with all the other many suggestions 

1. but maybe in a later update, have the online user tie into the main website online if they are a actual signed up user

2. Be able to @ someone even if they dont show as being in the chat, but can be like pinged (Example - Discord's @ everyone - But chat would be @ username )

@TheJackal84 

so we want our front page to be a chat (to show a open chat box, not a category)

is there a way to do this if we have the main module set to chat box?

and if so any pointers on making sure when clicking Home - or going to main domain, it opens to the chat, and can see ppl chatting - then add other elements/widgets to bottom of the page 

So yea, from what i can see, and have played around with, there is no set way to make a page with a "click menu tab" and automatically see open chat

we want the front page to open up into a open sty;e chat setting, where your looking at the front page and see ppl chatting, instead of having to pick a category, then go into it

this is like the old style chat box we are referring too (Shoutbox or OnlyMe -Chatbox)

10 hours ago, Mr. Fierce God said:

1. but maybe in a later update, have the online user tie into the main website online if they are a actual signed up user

what do you mean by that?

8 hours ago, Mr. Fierce God said:

so we want our front page to be a chat (to show a open chat box, not a category) 

front page or main chat page?

7 hours ago, Mr. Fierce God said:

Last thing for tonight.............is there a reason why we can't add widgets to the chat page?

yeah the sidebar is disabled, if you put a block into the sidebar it makes the editor / message list / online list look horrible and skinny, you can add widgets to the header and footer serctions though it is only the sidebar what is disabled

lol, forget the first part, i read some before posts in this thread and i see it already does this

4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

front page or main chat page?

12 hours ago, Mr. Fierce God said:

Yes Front page as seen here - https://fierceteam.com

that's chatbox there until you tell me if you can do this (I really want to use yours instead of that one) I have yours everywhere else

4 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

yeah the sidebar is disabled, if you put a block into the sidebar it makes the editor / message list / online list look horrible and skinny, you can add widgets to the header and footer serctions though it is only the sidebar what is disabled

i see that the top and bottom are available, but it will not let me move any blocks over at all, it just highlights all the words (as if your wanting to copy paste)

i even try thi in the default IPS theme mode, and currently will not let me move any blocks ------ This goes any chats inside groups and made chats via acp

Edited by Mr. Fierce God
1 hour ago, Mr. Fierce God said:

that's chatbox there until you tell me if you can do this (I really want to use yours instead of that one) I have yours everywhere else 

I'll see what I can do, if anything I can give you a custom patch to upload to your ftp to make it that way

i see that the top and bottom are available, but it will not let me move any blocks over at all, it just highlights all the words (as if your wanting to copy paste)

i even try thi in the default IPS theme mode, and currently will not let me move any blocks ------ This goes any chats inside groups and made chats via acp

I have no problems moving blocks into them positions, I just tried on the demo and dev site and both worked fine

6 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I have no problems moving blocks into them positions, I just tried on the demo and dev site and both worked fine

Ok, yes you are right

On IPS default (Like your demo) the block movement works perfect

so its a theme issue with @Veilon Borx Theme and will discuss further actions with him

so for the confusion @TheJackal84

14 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I'll see what I can do, if anything I can give you a custom patch to upload to your ftp to make it that way

On this, ummmmm idk if we can (cloud user) can do the ftp thing

but i will and can just use the other one for now until you have time for a future update/release 

not a big issue and i know you have A LOT of other apps to attend to and this isn't a major concern for you to jump on it

Thank you for the help/ftp part

This just keeps getting better and better.  

oh my god wow GIF

I suppose a feature request for adding channels within a chatroom would be asking for too much?  LOL.  That's the only feature so far that's preventing me from buying this and using it as a full-blown discord alternative for my clubs, though it's very tempting with what you've already accomplished so quickly.

Edited by Alismora

hi,

with this - are we able to limit who can reply to who? as in, can we keep it so that members can only whisper or send anything private to staff

and are chatrooms able to be closed when they aren't in use? - thanks

17 hours ago, Wren said:

hi,

with this - are we able to limit who can reply to who? as in, can we keep it so that members can only whisper or send anything private to staff

When you create a chatroom it will not close it's self when it's empty it will reopen to the public until you delete that room. 

No permissions on whispers yet of who can or can't send to who.

On 4/1/2019 at 6:18 AM, Wren said:

you can limit who can chat via group permissions for each chatroom

23 hours ago, mrbowers said:

No permissions on whispers yet of who can or can't send to who.

Don't know why this was said, Each chatroom has group permissions on who can wisper and who can't, there is no restriction per member though

On 4/1/2019 at 6:18 AM, Wren said:

It won't close but will show 0 online, you can enable and disable each chatroom via the ACP though

Edited by TheJackal84