Chat Application ( Support Topic )

On 1/27/2020 at 10:48 AM, TheJackal84 said:

there is only 1 editor, there are text areas etc

edit you editor, you have 3 options Desktop / Tablet / Mobile in mobile you will not use all them so remove the ones not needed for mobile devices

In my case, I need leave some botton as much as possible because my members are students and we are in school environment, they need a little advance feature for math and etc. 

I need keep this editor as current state. Not possible add an option that let use an editor more simple and not affect my global editor setting? 

I have Chatapp and Chatbox, by my experience, Chatbox+ has more beautiful designs (eyes caching?), but I love more your possibilities of bot notifications that let me integrate chatroom with all websites activities... Specially Store, Gift Card, Tournaments and clubs.... Right now I am planning how to use Chatapp as main feature that connect all website apps use and design. So my appreciate if you can invest a little more in the esthetic features area. 

Bug, I have to disable Chatapp, because when I have it enable, don´t let show the Website Agreement acept botton. Don´t let scroll down, it force screen scroll up and member can see the button Agree.

When we have privacy change, it force all members registred have to acept again the Terms and Use agreement. 

• 3 weeks later...

Updated to 1.1.3

New Features

Live Streams

• Admin created chatrooms / club chatrooms / member chatrooms can embed a live stream into their chatroom
  • Add a live stream from a choice of 5 popular streaming sites ( More to come )
    • Twitch
    • Mixer
    • Smashcast
    • Youtube Streaming
    • Facebook Live
  • The video stream division can be dragged and moved around the users screen by dragging the header of the stream around the screen
  • Members can change the size of the video by dragging any side or corner of the stream and expanding the size ( This will inherit the aspect ratio of the video stream )

spacer.png

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@TheJackal84 Hello,

Just purchased your application and got a problem. When I'm enabling option to place newest messages at bottom, the order becomes totally messed. Messages are being doubled at the top and at the bottom.

Also, a feature request: Is it possible to add support of Pages application to Bots fuctionality? E.g. on creating new record, commenting record and so on...

Thank you.

On 10/1/2020 at 7:53 PM, White Miku said:

Just purchased your application and got a problem. When I'm enabling option to place newest messages at bottom, the order becomes totally messed. Messages are being doubled at the top and at the bottom.

Will check it out mate

On 10/1/2020 at 7:53 PM, White Miku said:

Also, a feature request: Is it possible to add support of Pages application to Bots fuctionality? E.g. on creating new record, commenting record and so on...

I'm gonna be working on pages add-ons for all my stuff from this month onwards so I'll check that out

@TheJackal84

Hello,

I've found another problem in your Chat application.

The application breaks user registration process and gives error EX0.

The problem is in function "IPS\core\modules\front\system\chatapp_hook_RegisterHook::_createMember()"

The function "IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember()" requires 4 arguments but your hook passes only 3.

To fix the problem you need to change the following lines in class:

public static function _createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister = NULL )
	{
		try
		{
			$parent = parent::_createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister );

To:

public static function _createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister = NULL, &$form )
	{
		try
		{
			$parent = parent::_createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister, $form );

I've fixed my installation by myself, but upload a fix for others ASAP, please.

• 1 month later...

Still experiencing some issues with the duplicated text. @TheJackal84

I haven't changed this either - yet.

On 10/5/2020 at 7:17 PM, White Miku said:

@TheJackal84

Hello,

I've found another problem in your Chat application.

The application breaks user registration process and gives error EX0.

The problem is in function "IPS\core\modules\front\system\chatapp_hook_RegisterHook::_createMember()"

The function "IPS\core\modules\front\system\_register::_createMember()" requires 4 arguments but your hook passes only 3.

To fix the problem you need to change the following lines in class:

public static function _createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister = NULL )
	{
		try
		{
			$parent = parent::_createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister );

To:

public static function _createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister = NULL, &$form )
	{
		try
		{
			$parent = parent::_createMember( $values, $profileFields, $postBeforeRegister, $form );

I've fixed my installation by myself, but upload a fix for others ASAP, please.

Can you please take a look ASAP.

• 1 month later...

I have just installed this plugin and the duplicate text is a show stopper for me...

It seems like every time it auto refresh, it adds the same messages over and over... then at some point, it becomes OK.

Moreover the option new message at bottom is not working... all messages are at top:

image.png.c7942e9b4ced3dbbbb8ddbf0d824ce4d.png

@TheJackal84 I have had a number of duplicated registrations since updating to the latest release version, where you have fixed the registration issue.

I have disabled the application and, the issue has stopped.

I plan to turn it on again just to know for sure, as I have upgraded IPS (which the issue could've been) but it does seem connected to this application from what I have seen/experienced.

I am still unsure why the stream box is incredible small and, won't resize.

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2021 at 3:19 PM, Joey_M said:

@TheJackal84 I have had a number of duplicated registrations since updating to the latest release version, where you have fixed the registration issue.

I have disabled the application and, the issue has stopped.

I plan to turn it on again just to know for sure, as I have upgraded IPS (which the issue could've been) but it does seem connected to this application from what I have seen/experienced.

I am still unsure why the stream box is incredible small and, won't resize.

@Adriano Faria: I've had this disabled since learning that the fix TheJackal added actually duplicated new members that join. I also now have to renew but the price is set at $25 instead of $15. Is this due to the hand over?

Could you please look into the duplicated member issue.

1 minute ago, Joey_M said:

I've had this disabled since learning that the fix TheJackal added actually duplicated new members that join. I also now have to renew but the price is set at $25 instead of $15. Is this due to the hand over?

Could you please look into the duplicated member issue.

Hello Joey,

There's a pending version for this app since Saturday. I tested a few issues reported in this topic, including the one you said, and I couldn't reproduce. The fix provided here is the right one for IPS 4.5. You can do it yourself if you have FTP access and if you want to test it out before IPS review new version.

Regarding values, they're the same; I didn't change it and the renewal remains $15:

gfxoHlW.png

What's New in Version 1.1.7:

• Fix messages being duplicated all over the time when you changed the message order on chatrooms
  • Added ability to use Admin CP Restrictions on ACP Chat Application pages
  • Rework in templates
  • Convert several hard coded string into language bits
  • Script optimization
  • Changes in background to meet new marketplace rules
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for my english, i will try to be clear.

After several minutes in the chat, we have an issue white screen or black screen (depends of the them)

Another point, the last message in bottom is going to the top, total mess