Chat Application ( Support Topic )

20 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

I've just purchased the app, it's very good!

Anyway I cant find a way to delete messages, I'm forum admin but the "x" is not available, how do I set the permission to delete messages for admins ?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks, glad you like it,

The permissions for who can delete are done in the ACP moderator permissions, if you have no restriction it should allow you, if you are restricted then you will need to enable the chatroom content permissions

3 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

Thank you very much, it's working now!

How do I enable attachments? (insert other media) like the demo?

Thanks in advance!

the actual attachments are not in use at the minute, they are being wrote into it though, they ain't available on the demo, if you want to use the insert other media button then I can give you a custom.css code to add and it will allow them, The attachments will either be in 1.0.4 or 1.0.5 with the ability to choose what groups can download the attachments etc

Edited by TheJackal84

Got it, that's ok, I see that you're listening to customers so you'll add it sooner or later. I've been testing and I love it, but there's a need to scroll to the top when you post a message, is possible to have a setting to put the textbox on top of the chat ? Even better, the option to have e simple text field instead of the rich text editor.. just a thought..

Regards

7 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

Got it, that's ok, I see that you're listening to customers so you'll add it sooner or later. I've been testing and I love it, but there's a need to scroll to the top when you post a message, is possible to have a setting to put the textbox on top of the chat ? Even better, the option to have e simple text field instead of the rich text editor.. just a thought..

Regards

all the scrolling will be sorted in 1.0.4, I have wrote 3 different versions for it to work and will go with the smoothest one, I can look into a setting for the placement of the editor but the normal text is not something I really want to do, the editor is a powerful tool and does lots and lots more than normal text, if you wanted something like that then I could probably give you a custom.css code and it will hide the editor toolbar buttons making it seem like a normal text box only allowing normal typing etc it will look like this

spacer.png

Edited by TheJackal84
28 minutes ago, rfcontreras said:

Everything is working, but regular users don't see the Who's Online list, it's empty for them.  I've installed a fresh copy of the application, so permissions seems to be ok!

Thanks in advance!

Are they anonymous? any members that are anonymous they will not show in the list

I'm getting this error on the system logs

SELECT * FROM `chatapp_chatrooms`  LEFT JOIN `core_permission_index` ON core_permission_index.app='chatapp' AND core_permission_index.perm_type='chatroom' AND core_permission_index.perm_type_id=chatapp_chatrooms.id WHERE (( FIND_IN_SET(2,perm_) ) OR perm_='*' )
Unknown column 'perm_' in 'where clause'

Regards

8 hours ago, rfcontreras said:

Hi Jackall,

Any clue ? 

Thanks in advance!

The online only seem to work when your on just that page, if you look at other parts of your website it will kick you off the list. You have to remeber this app was just built, and bit more work will be done in the near future. 🙂 

Edited by mrbowers

Updated to 1.0.4

New Features

• Added a widget for chatrooms ( These should be placed in the header or footer sections not the sidebar )
    • You can choose what chatroom to show and also if you wish to show the chatroom rules in the widget
    • The widget does not support the ability to send private messages, they will need to visit the chatroom to chat privately
  • Added a new feature for when you send a message, it will now scroll to the messages position
    • The auto scroll will only work for the user sending a message, it will not auto scroll for other users incase they are reading the message list, it will be annoying to be reading it and constantly getting scrolled to new messages
  • Added a new icon to the message list for when the messages are private, this will allow the users to see who the messages have been sent to
  • If users have selected to send private messages the list of users in the message will now stay there after the message is sent. if the users no longer wishes to chat privately they will need to remove the users from the list. ( This is to stop any users thinking they are still talking privately and sending a public message by mistake )
  • Re-wrote some js for the chatrooms making it a lot smoother to run and receive new messages
  • Changed the scrollbar on the message list to a more compact looking one

So idk if you meant to do this for new update

but when you put a widget on a page ( mine is on front page)

it doesn't show the online side part like you see in the club chats

I currently had to put back out the widget for online users so ppl know who is online for chatting

second, have the option on front end for members to disable the chat sound when in a widget chat 

here is a screenshot of the widget chat not showing online users

screenshot-www.fierceteam.com-2019_04.07-15-47-28.thumb.png.3209fcd8853acf0b8e134ab6fe902cd3.png

also, maybe have the group formatting included to show......lol my VIP's already asking why their name not yellow and animated

i told them to be patient

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fierce God said:

it doesn't show the online side part like you see in the club chats

no it is done like that on purpose, widgets can be placed anywhere so people might not want to chat and they would show online, if they go to the chatroom that's different because they do want to chat so a online list there makes sense