Chat Application ( Support Topic )

On 3/19/2019 at 7:46 PM, Dean_ said:

Wonder if you could theme it to make it look like the old and nostalgic MSN Chat Rooms 🤣
post-4052-0-77860400-1351927549.jpg

Great work Jackal, impressive. Can see this being popular!

I would like to see a message displayed when a user enters or leaves the chat room, as well as seeing chat mods/admins at the top.

4 hours ago, kmk said:

Can convert it as a botton into the Editor? more clean and nice sense...

explain that a bit more...

4 hours ago, kmk said:

Where is?

On 4/13/2019 at 3:37 PM, Joey_M said:

I would like to see a message displayed when a user enters or leaves the chat room, as well as seeing chat mods/admins at the top.

I'll see what I can do 😀

Updated to 1.0.6

New Features

Bots

• Standard Message
    • Create a message via the editor and the bot will post the messages each cycle
  • Random Messages / Quotes
    • Create messages / quotes from a stack setting allowing you add as many as you want and the bot will post random ones each cycle
  • Standard & Random Message Cycle Settings
    • Run cycle every 5 minutes
    • Run cycle every 15 minutes
    • Run cycle every 30 minutes
    • Run cycle every 60 mintutes
    • Run cycle every 3 hours
    • Run cycle every 6 hours
    • Run cycle every 12 hours
    • Run cycle every day
  • Members Shop
    • Create a message when a user purchases a item
  • Lottery
    • Create a message when a new game is created
    • Create a message when a game has been drawn
    • Create a message when a member claims a winning ticket
  • Sports Betting App
    • Create a message when a member places a bet
    • Create a message when a member claims a winning ticket
  • Media Uploader
    • Create a message when a member uploads a image
    • Create a message when a member uploads a video file
    • Create a message when a member uploads a audio file
    • Create a message when a member uploads a document

Man you are doing numbers with the awesome updates

and i especially appreciate it @TheJackal84 

I hate to add to your ever growing feature list requests 

but can you consider this for a later or whenever update

Somehow making the chat widget be able to produce the whisper option when it it is in a main column and not in the sidebar

i ask this cause i use a main chat, as a widget, on our front page and on profile page, and it would be awesome to have the members be able to have this use 

I use the widget only in the main columns and none on sidebar......so if the whisper option will only show for that......can it work?

screenshot-www.fierceteam.com-2019_04.20-09-50-41.thumb.png.1fc5164345b28e3d707f1b575ee3950b.png

example of how we use it on our frontpage (widget as main chat) - https://fierceteam.com 

@TheJackal84 

suggestion

No other chat app has this yet

a way to make the main chat widget or rooms be a tab that is on bottom of screen or side. When the tab is clicked, it pops out to the room that is clicked and then member can close it and move to next page.........but the tab is a global tab when picked as a option to use

screenshot-www.fierceteam.com-2019_04.26-11-17-15.thumb.png.b387a51a268b58cb39514b82740b95a7.png

Yes i know you can just make a menu tab

but to not have to clutter menu with more tabs, and be able to not have the widget shown in big area like i have it,..... would be awesome

More reasons i suggest a tab for the chat instead of showing a widget

isnt the chat online synced with the websites core online?

screenshot-www.fierceteam.com-2019_04.26-13-52-02.thumb.png.be588c48baa44cfaf16046aee33adfa9.png

not understanding why it says 0? and this has been watched for over 30 mins, with absolute surety that the members where actually online

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 1.0.7

New Features

• Members can now create their own chatrooms
    • Member chatrooms will appear in a tab on their profiles
    • Select what user groups can create their own chatrooms
    • Owners of the chatrooms have full permission over the ban list for their chatrooms
  • Added the ability to toggle the online user list to be shown or hidden
  • You can now edit the chatrooms via the front end
  • Added some buttons to the chatrooms section title
    • Added a button on the chatrooms to allow users to toggle the sound on or off
    • Moved the rules to a button what will pop up showing the rules
    • Moderator buttons
      • Moved the ban list to here
      • Edit Chatroom ( Moderators with permission can edit the chatroom from the front end )
      • Added a button allowing moderators to delete all messages in the chatrooms
  • Members can now send private messages via the widgets ( if they have permission to whisper that is )
  • You can now toggle the widget to show or hide
  • New ACP settings for member created chatrooms
    • Choose what groups can create chatrooms
    • Choose what groups can whisper in chatrooms
    • Choose what groups can manage their chatrooms ( Manage = the ability to delete messages from the chatroom )
    • Select the amount of messages to show in the message list

@TheJackal84 

got some issues with new update

1. When i made chatroom for my profile, it sends the msg to the main chat that was made originally in acp and does not show in profile tab chatroom 

but when you look in the main chat at the profile msg that was sent, it doesn't show any text, just the avatar and time >>>> In acp, looking at the made chats, you see the profile chat was made, but not the container for it, just a chat >>>>your settings say that every chat needs a container?

2. The button to toggle online user list? Where is it? don't see it...unless this is only available when click into the menu tab>chatroom>main chat?

Can you make it so the online userlist shows for widget too?? >>>>>The online user list doesnt even show in the profile made chat

Video >> Shows my profile chat room /2 msgs should be there>>>>Then shows the above main chat widget, my 2 msgs are there, but no text

4 minutes ago, Fierce God said:

1. When i made chatroom for my profile, it sends the msg to the main chat that was made originally in acp and does not show in profile tab chatroom 

Don't have a chatroom widget on the same page as the chatroom, I have not tested yet but it could be clashing with the chatroom id

4 minutes ago, Fierce God said:

2. The button to toggle online user list? Where is it? don't see it...unless this is only available when click into the menu tab>chatroom>main chat?

The toggle is a little arrow on the header section of the online users

spacer.png

8 minutes ago, Fierce God said:

In acp, looking at the made chats, you see the profile chat was made, but not the container for it, just a chat >>>>your settings say that every chat needs a container? 

you shouldn't see any made chats in the ACP tree of the ones you would of created, I will look into that, them ones won't need a container same as club ones they don't need one either

3 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

you shouldn't see any made chats in the ACP tree of the ones you would of created, I will look into that, them ones won't need a container same as club ones they don't need one either

agreed....but for some reason it made one in acp lol...............thank you for looking into this 

yes i can confirm....admins, do not put a main chat widget on profiles just yet, let Jack fix this

5 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

The toggle is a little arrow on the header section of the online users

That makes the whole chat widget collapse? Not toggle the online user list?

so on widget the toggle for online isn't available yet right?

i don't even see it on the profile chats to toggle online users......on profile tabs chat it only has the sound and tool icon for ban and settings

is it me? I have ran support tool

5 minutes ago, Fierce God said:

agreed....but for some reason it made one in acp lol...............thank you for looking into this 

Yeah I see it, I will sort that

6 minutes ago, Fierce God said:

That makes the whole chat widget collapse? Not toggle the online user list?

thats the widget? the widget has a toggle to show or hide but the online user list has one for that, there ain't no online user lists for the widgets

this is it shown

spacer.png

this is it hidden

spacer.png

22 hours ago, Fierce God said:

Re-download and update the app, I have fixed the bug where the member rooms will show in the ACP tree's, didn't change the version as 1.0.8 is already in the works so just update the latest upload 😀