Chat Application ( Support Topic )

12 hours ago, Arahnid said:

Do you plan on expanding chat functions in the near future, taking into account the wishes of the participants in the support topic?

most of my stuff get's extended constently, bare in mind I have over 30 apps and plugins I need to maintain not just 1, so far about 8 new features have been added for this app but I don't release apps with 1 silly addition just to make people keep visiting the file and re-downloading it, Once I am happy it's worth a update they will get released :biggrin:

On 6/30/2019 at 12:24 PM, TheJackal84 said:

will be in the next update

Just wondering because I didn't see this in the latest update description, if it was added. Also, having difficulty registering for an account on your demo board. Do you have demo credentials you can share to test?

1 hour ago, AlexWebsites said:

Just wondering because I didn't see this in the latest update description, if it was added. Also, having difficulty registering for an account on your demo board. Do you have demo credentials you can share to test?

not been a update since I posted that, next update should come next week at some point, No I don't have a demo account send me a pm with the username you trying to signup with and I will manually approve the registration

Updated to 1.1.1

New Features

• Added a setting allowing you to show the total online users in chatrooms via a little notification on the nav bar
  • Added a setting  allowing you to choose if you want to allow members to be able to click the names in the message and online lists to mention users easier
  • Added a setting allowing you to choose if you want to add the members group formatting to the members names ( Coloured Names )
  • Added the bad words filter to the messages
    • This will do a loose match ( Don't have to be a exact match ) on your bad words replacing any bad words with your chosen replacement
  • Global pop up chat box
    • Added some sliding effects for when hiding / showing / increasing the size / decreasing the size
    • Added some JS / jQuery to the global pop up chatbox settings so that it will no longer reload the page when changing rooms
  • All Chatrooms / Pop up box / Widgets
    • Added a effect to fade in new messages
    • Added a effect to fade out deleted messages
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, Constructor said:

in languages there is no way to translate the word "in"

will check it out

1 hour ago, Constructor said:

There is a big problem. Messages or topics that have not moderated appear in the chat

Who do they appear to?, admins / moderators / the actual poster can see moderated posts and it should be hidden to everyone else

I'm talking about the bot that writes in the chat, that a topic was created or a message was added to a topic that has not yet been moderated.

And I have such a question, is it possible to make it possible to select a group, let's call it “Super user” and if this Super user is to chat, then only his messages are visible to him.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, OliverKapunkt said:

Hello @TheJackal84, it looks like as soon as a moderator account has restrictions he can't moderate in the chat.

In this case mods don't have leader priviledes in all clubs, all other settings are default. https://prnt.sc/q7gns9

When I activate this setting again, chat-moderation is working fine.

Can anybody else confirm that?

I can check it out today for you mate and look through the code, I am not long awake so gimme a couple hours and I'll get back to you

We have clients which have hundreds/thousands logged errors caused by this app:

SELECT * FROM `chatapp_chatrooms`  LEFT JOIN `core_permission_index` ON core_permission_index.app='chatapp' AND core_permission_index.perm_type='chatroom' AND core_permission_index.perm_type_id=chatapp_chatrooms.id WHERE (( FIND_IN_SET(2,perm_) ) OR perm_='*' )
Unknown column 'perm_' in 'where clause'

#0 /var/www/html/h282004/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\core\\exte...', Array, true)
#1 /var/www/html/h282004/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /var/www/html/h282004/applications/core/extensions/core/Sitemap/Content.php(230): IteratorIterator->rewind()
#4 /var/www/html/h282004/system/Sitemap/Sitemap.php(102): IPS\core\extensions\core\Sitemap\_Content->generateSitemap('sitemap_content...', Object(IPS\Sitemap))
#5 /var/www/html/h282004/applications/core/tasks/sitemapgenerator.php(35): IPS\_Sitemap->buildNextSitemap()
#6 /var/www/html/h282004/system/Task/Task.php(255): IPS\core\tasks\_sitemapgenerator->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/h282004/system/Task/Task.php(224): IPS\_Task->run()
#8 /var/www/html/h282004/applications/core/interface/task/task.php(62): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#9 {main}

Is this a known issue?

20 minutes ago, Daniel F said:

Is this a known issue?

No reports of it plus sitemap is disabled

public static $includeInSitemap = FALSE;

Plus hundreds of thousands? How many times does the IPS suite try to run that query?

I just searched the files for perm_ too and nothing found what would make sense

Search "perm_" (13 hits in 3 files)
 \applications\chatapp\data\lang.xml (5 hits)
	Line 297:   <word key="chatapp_perm__label" js="0">Permissions</word>
	Line 298:   <word key="chatapp_perm__view" js="0">Can View</word>
	Line 299:   <word key="chatapp_perm__chat" js="0">Can Chat</word>
	Line 300:   <word key="chatapp_perm__whisper" js="0">Can Whisper</word>
	Line 301:   <word key="chatapp_perm__attachments" js="0">Can Download Attachments</word>
 applications\chatapp\dev\lang.php (5 hits)
	Line 323: 	'chatapp_perm__label' => "Permissions",
	Line 324: 	'chatapp_perm__view' => "Can View",
	Line 325: 	'chatapp_perm__chat' => "Can Chat",
	Line 326: 	'chatapp_perm__whisper' => "Can Whisper",
	Line 327: 	'chatapp_perm__attachments' => "Can Download Attachments",
 \applications\chatapp\modules\front\main\chatroom.php (3 hits)
	Line 86: 				\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'chatapp_no_perm_chat', 'ChatPermError/1', 403, '' );
	Line 409: 			\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'chatapp_no_perm_chat', 'ChatPermError/1', 403, '' );
	Line 483: 			\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'chatapp_no_perm_chat', 'ChatPermError/1', 403, '' );

Edited by TheJackal84
6 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

How many times does the IPS suite try to run that query?

I haven't looked further at this, but since end of November 110 pages were logged ( 3 pages contain other logs).

6 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

No reports of it plus sitemap is disabled

Thx, then I guess I'll have to look further at this:/

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-09 um 10.42.20.png

Just now, Daniel F said:

Thx, then I guess I'll have to look further at this:/

I just edited my other post

7 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I just searched the files for perm_ too and nothing found what would make sense

Search "perm_" (13 hits in 3 files)
 \applications\chatapp\data\lang.xml (5 hits)
	Line 297:   <word key="chatapp_perm__label" js="0">Permissions</word>
	Line 298:   <word key="chatapp_perm__view" js="0">Can View</word>
	Line 299:   <word key="chatapp_perm__chat" js="0">Can Chat</word>
	Line 300:   <word key="chatapp_perm__whisper" js="0">Can Whisper</word>
	Line 301:   <word key="chatapp_perm__attachments" js="0">Can Download Attachments</word>
 applications\chatapp\dev\lang.php (5 hits)
	Line 323: 	'chatapp_perm__label' => "Permissions",
	Line 324: 	'chatapp_perm__view' => "Can View",
	Line 325: 	'chatapp_perm__chat' => "Can Chat",
	Line 326: 	'chatapp_perm__whisper' => "Can Whisper",
	Line 327: 	'chatapp_perm__attachments' => "Can Download Attachments",
 \applications\chatapp\modules\front\main\chatroom.php (3 hits)
	Line 86: 				\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'chatapp_no_perm_chat', 'ChatPermError/1', 403, '' );
	Line 409: 			\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'chatapp_no_perm_chat', 'ChatPermError/1', 403, '' );
	Line 483: 			\IPS\Output::i()->error( 'chatapp_no_perm_chat', 'ChatPermError/1', 403, '' );

2 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Had you probably an early version where it wasn't excluded from the sitemap or was public static $includeInSitemap = FALSE; present all the time?

If I remember right I think it weren't in the first couple of versions of it, If the member don't have a active purchase to download it you can download it for them and update to the latest version if you wanted

• 1 month later...

My request 1: bot notification from a specific PM in a specific chatroom. 

I have differents PM for differents staff, at the same time have chatrooms for them, I have to use PM too because it let me upload documents and the full editor feature (I prefer chatroom use simple text functionality and keep compact style). But normally we chat through Chatroom, would be help for more interactive if notified me some new from PM(click it take me to related PM). 

If this can happen, same result for clubs and forums? 

I have two chats apps purchased, but I have to choose wich one to use for finally. 

My request 2: Could you integrate Shopping of products, gifts cards, donations into the chatrooms? Similar to the New feature Donation of Chatbox+. If this can happen, we will have a real community shopping experience, for people who need a little privacy of their purchases, they can go to the traditional mode, go to Store. 

My request 3: Nexus''

• Create a message when someone purchase a product, after checkout.
  • Donations,
  • Clubs payments 

A option that let member pay (let place 0 mount) for extra privacy activities. After payment, enable option ''Disable notification in chatroom'' in the checkout process.

6 hours ago, kmk said:

1. Could you give us an alternative simple editor? 🤔 

there is only 1 editor, there are text areas etc

6 hours ago, kmk said:

Feedback, could you add more appearances settings? 

IMG_20200127_040546.jpg

edit you editor, you have 3 options Desktop / Tablet / Mobile in mobile you will not use all them so remove the ones not needed for mobile devices