Coupons For Subscriptions

Dominyka

I love the new subscription manager and I'd love to move all of my subscriptions to there,
but has anyone figured out how to make discount coupons just for specific subscriptions?

We offer 2 plans and I need to be able to have a coupon apply to one plan and not the other.

• 2 weeks later...

This info could be beneficial to some?  I found out accidentally that coupon codes will work on new subscriptions, not renewals, if you don't have specific products selected and just check the all box on the coupon settings.  This isn't at all ideal since they'll be able to use it on other products you don't want to give a discount on.  

We don't sell much in the actual store itself, so we were able to get away with it temporarily for a new subscribers sale we had recently. Would love for this feature to be implemented as we like doing 1-2 sales every quarter for both new subscribers and renewals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haha at IPS.  ?

They created Subscriptions as a slimmed down version of Products so clients wouldn't need to worry about fancy features like coupons, taxes, shipping, upgrades and downgrades.  

Now we're complaining that IPS is not giving us those fancy features.  

Basically, we want a version of Products with all the advanced features of Products and all the options and settings of Products. But we dont want Products even though Products can do everything we want.  We want to call them ... Subscriptions. 

On 7/6/2018 at 3:21 PM, Joel R said:

They created Subscriptions as a slimmed down version of Products so clients wouldn't need to worry about fancy features like coupons, taxes, shipping, upgrades and downgrades. 

No, that was never the intention for why the Subscription manager was created. I would suggest you have made an uninformed observation.

Although it is true that the old "product" system can work for subscriptions. Due to the nature of its design predominantly being about selling products, it created limitations for using it to sell subscriptions.

For example, if a user had bought a subscription and went to the store to purchase a new one (with the mind set of upgrading/downgrading/renewing). You would run into problems of "You have already purchased a/this membership" because the admin had to use the setting "don't allow multiple purchases of this product", as they would stack. Or the setting "If member has purchased membership A, don't let them buy membership B". Again, because they would stack instead of B replacing A.

So to need for a subscription manager was to better manage members upgrading/downgrading/renewing/cancelling their memberships. Leaving out coupons as far as I can see is an oversight. Coupons are useful when selling absolutely anything. So, there is no argument to be made not to have them. The same goes for offering monthly/6monthly/yearly purchase options. I am fairly certain these will appear in future versions.

Archived