(NE) oembedServices management

6 minutes ago, DChiuch said:

The Edit button only

What edit button? The one in the ACP for showing the settings?

and any pages with content to process no longer load.

As this doesn't affect existing content, it shouldn't have an effect on page load.

Any ideas?

Not without you providing a url to your site (and ACP access), no.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
11 minutes ago, Nathan Explosion said:

What edit button?

On the Plugins page in the Admin CP

As this doesn't affect existing content, it shouldn't have an effect on page load.

Dunno what to say, with the oembedService plugin disabled, everything loads fine... but if I enable the plugin, any kind of 'record' page just loads white screens. Category pages are fine.

Not without you providing a url to your site (and ACP access, if necessary), no.

I've PMed you these.

Edited by DChiuch
  • 4 months later...
9 hours ago, Phil7789 said:

I assume it embeds internal links

No because....

this already done by IPS itself?

Or does this extend the functionality which is limited to the forums to every part of the site?

And again, no.

Simple answer: allows you to stop members of a group from being able to embed an internal link....if allowed, then the link becomes an embedded link. And if not allowed, it stays as a link.

• 1 month later...

Notice regarding IPS 4.4.0 beta 1

This plugin has been tested against IPS 4.4.0 beta 1 and works as expected. If you decide to update to IPS 4.4.0 beta 1 and find a bug with this plugin then please feel free to report it here but do not expect a fix for the bug until IPS 4.4.0 has exited the beta/release candidate process and has been fully released.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 4:57 AM, Nathan Explosion said:

What's new in 1.0.7

• added advanced settings to allow some control over the SoundCloud player displayed on new embeds.

Does this allow you to choose which version of the SoundCloud player to use (or allow the user at the time of posting which one to use)? I would prefer having the smaller more compact player than the huge one that is by default used by IPS.

• 1 year later...

This one is next on my list of plugins to bring up to date for IPS 4.5

At the moment, the only new feature I am planning to add to it is support for using iframely for sites which are not covered by oembed already - if anyone has any ideas for new features that fit within the scope of what this plugin is for then feel free to throw them in here for consideration.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on IPS 4.5 version for you...

I've got the following at near-completion and/or being tested:

1. (NE) Hide Content
  2. (NE) HTML5 Audio/Video Player
  3. (NE) oembedServices Management

I'm now going to stop working on several at once, and concentrate specifically on them in the order above. Following the release of the first, I will move on to the next and so on. With a bit of luck (i.e. my day job doesn't get in the way) I am hoping to get (NE) Hide Content finished over the next few days with a submission to the MarketPlace early next week.

Note: all of the above have been converted from Plugins to Applications, and they each contain functionality which would now be under much closer scrutiny for MarketPlace release - as such, they need to be right so I am taking my time with them.

Once I've got those out of the way, I can move on to a few other items on my list.

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, Chris Anderson said:

Has any of the functionality you included in the last version been added to the 4.5 version of the IPS Community Suite?

No, not as far as I am aware.

21 hours ago, Chris Anderson said:

what additional functionality do intend to add over and beyond what it includes currently?

• Previously, the loss of Facebook/Instagram embeds due to Facebook side changes but that is coming back with IPS 4.6 so that won't be in there.
  • The only additional item currently on the table, and guaranteed to be in, is this.
  • I'm looking at the "twitch.tv & mobile links" situation too, but no guarantees there at all.
  • I'm looking into adding iframely support too, as a 'last resort' for embeds.
  • Possibly unfurl too; but my initial testing appears to indicate that it doesn't like trying to provide preview links for sites running IPS...irony!!!

I am open to adding anything that is reasonably within the scope of both the application and what is possible- it needs to be suggested to be looked at. If there is anything that you are specifically looking for then bring it up now....once the following is out of the way, this application is next up and most of the work needed on it is done and dusted, so a release 'as-is' won't be far away.

Edited by Nathan Explosion
On 2/17/2021 at 4:03 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

I am open to adding anything that is reasonably within the scope of both the application and what is possible- it needs to be suggested to be looked at. If there is anything that you are specifically looking for then bring it up now....once the following is out of the way, this application is next up and most of the work needed on it is done and dusted, so a release 'as-is' won't be far away.

Thanks for your kind offer to consider suggestions for the upcoming update.  Unfortunately I don't have sufficient understanding of the apps capability now to know how it might be improved upon.  Once I put the forthcoming update through its paces I "might" offer up a suggestion or two for a subsequent release.

Edited by Chris Anderson
  • 2 months later...

No idea - you've not provided much information here (your question implies it doesn't currently work, but nothing about what actually happens. You've also not provided a URL as reference)

But if Twitch embeds aren't working for you natively then raise a ticket with IPS support, as the following is supported natively:

'clips.twitch.tv' => array( 'https://api.twitch.tv/v5/oembed', static::EMBED_VIDEO ),

• 1 month later...