Staff Applications System

• 2 weeks later...

Today is the first time I've used the approve/reject buttons since you updated it to add the ability to add a reason and notify the member.  I receive this error each time:

Error: Call to a member function addToStack() on null (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\email_html_staffappsystem_notification_apply_rejected(Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Applicationrecord), 'Alismora', Object(IPS\Email\Outgoing\Php))
#1 /home/***/system/Email/Email.php(683): call_user_func_array('IPS\\Theme\\email...', Array)
#2 /home/***/system/Email/Email.php(266): IPS\_Email::template('staffappsystem', 'notification_ap...', 'html', Array)
#3 /home/***/system/Email/Email.php(609): IPS\_Email->compileContent('html', Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Lang))
#4 /home/***/system/Notification/Notification.php(507): IPS\_Email->mergeAndSend(Array, NULL, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\Lang))
#5 /home/***/system/Notification/Notification.php(488): IPS\_Notification->sendEmails(Array, Array)
#6 /home/***/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/view.php(393): IPS\_Notification->send()
#7 /home/***/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_view->rejectApplication()
#8 /home/***/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/***/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/view.php(49): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/***/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_view->execute()
#11 /home/g***/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

38 minutes ago, Alismora said:

Today is the first time I've used the approve/reject buttons since you updated it to add the ability to add a reason and notify the member.  I receive this error each time:

Error: Call to a member function addToStack() on null (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\Theme\email_html_staffappsystem_notification_apply_rejected(Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Applicationrecord), 'Alismora', Object(IPS\Email\Outgoing\Php))
#1 /home/***/system/Email/Email.php(683): call_user_func_array('IPS\\Theme\\email...', Array)
#2 /home/***/system/Email/Email.php(266): IPS\_Email::template('staffappsystem', 'notification_ap...', 'html', Array)
#3 /home/***/system/Email/Email.php(609): IPS\_Email->compileContent('html', Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Lang))
#4 /home/***/system/Notification/Notification.php(507): IPS\_Email->mergeAndSend(Array, NULL, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\Lang))
#5 /home/***/system/Notification/Notification.php(488): IPS\_Notification->sendEmails(Array, Array)
#6 /home/***/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/view.php(393): IPS\_Notification->send()
#7 /home/***/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_view->rejectApplication()
#8 /home/***/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/***/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/view.php(49): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/***/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_view->execute()
#11 /home/g***/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Ok. I’ll retest it tomorrow. 

On 1/19/2019 at 9:16 AM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.2.5:

Bug Fix:

• Fix missing language bit which cause an error when EMAIL is enabled for notifications

Enhancements:

• Changed REASON field when approving/rejecting an application to an editor

569369666_Screenshot4a.png.714ba36389854

I'd like this multiple times if I could.  Thanks a bunch!

(I feel like I bug you I'm so sorry. 😞)

Two things, an issue and one last feature request.

Issue:

We were adding another application today and when we went to submit the position, we received this error:

f5ff1a0287739cb23013cdea32497db8.png

When I went back to the applications page, a template error was now present:

e82e24b8b2cdaf9e3a438823e096e703-png.jpg

I'm not sure what exactly went wrong since we didn't do anything different for this application than we have for all the others.  I tried a cache clear and everything, but it wouldn't go away, so I reinstalled the application which fixed it.  Luckily we only had 3 applications so it won't be too much of an inconvenience for us to remake them, but I wanted to make you aware in case this happens to anyone else.  (I'm still unsure what happened myself.)

Feature Request:

Can we have the option to create an application where the number of positions available is infinite?  We have positions that are temporary and we're constantly cycling through new people every couple of months, and it would be extremely convenient to just keep the one app instead of remaking it each time the current amount of slots is filled, and would help greatly in preventing people who we have rejected previously from wasting our time and applying again on a new app.

Edited by Alismora

EX1264 is "out of range value for column". You probably changed a setting in the ACP category or in group or member form that is above of what it accepts. Try to remember what you have changed so I can change in script for a future version.

5 minutes ago, Alismora said:

Feature Request:

Can we have the option to create an application where the number of positions available is infinite?  We have positions that are temporary and we're constantly cycling through new people every couple of months, and it would be extremely convenient to just keep the one app instead of remaking it each time the current amount of slots is filled.  

Are you talking about the NUMBER OF PLACES field? It has no 'max' limit.

Currently you can add 1000000 there. I really doubt you hit that number of staff requests.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

EX1264 is "out of range value for column". You probably changed a setting in the ACP category or in group or member form that is above of what it accepts. Try to remember what you have changed so I can change in script for a future version.

Are you talking about the NUMBER OF PLACES field? It has no 'max' limit.

Besides adding permission to a staff group so they could submit applications, nothing was changed to my knowledge.  I will test a few things out and come back to you to make sure we did everything exactly the same as before.

Edit: I've found where we went wrong.  I made a test application with Number of Places set to 5, no error.  Another with Number of Places set to 100, no error.  A third one with Number of Places set to 1000, received this error.

UPDATE `staffappsystem_applications` staffappsystem_applications  SET `sas_app_title`='Test 1000',`sas_app_title_seo`='test-1000',`sas_app_description`='
<p>
	Test
</p>
',`sas_app_nr_available`=1000,`sas_app_position`=1,`sas_app_group_to_promote`='0',`sas_app_image`='',`sas_app_applicants_fields`='1',`sas_app_restriction_posts`=0,`sas_app_restriction_reppoints`=0,`sas_app_restriction_daysjoined`=0,`sas_app_restriction_age`=0,`sas_app_restriction_groups`='*' WHERE sas_app_id=3 
IPS\Db\Exception: Out of range value for column 'sas_app_nr_available' at row 1 (1264)
#0 /home/gasrforu/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Patterns\\...', Array)
#1 /home/gasrforu/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`staffappsystem...', '`sas_app_title`...', 'WHERE sas_app_i...')
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/gasrforu/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(120): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#4 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\rules_hook_ipsPatternsActiveRecord->save()
#5 /home/gasrforu/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(324): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#6 /home/gasrforu/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/sources/Applicationrecord/Applicationrecord.php(690): IPS\rules_hook_ipsContent->save()
#7 /home/gasrforu/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(330): IPS\staffappsystem\_Applicationrecord->processForm(Array)
#8 /home/gasrforu/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/sources/Applicationrecord/Applicationrecord.php(1163): IPS\Content\_Item::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category), true)
#9 /home/gasrforu/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(85): IPS\staffappsystem\_Applicationrecord::createFromForm(Array, Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#10 /home/gasrforu/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/submit.php(82): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#11 /home/gasrforu/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_submit->submit()
#12 /home/gasrforu/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/submit.php(28): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /home/gasrforu/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_submit->execute()
#14 /home/gasrforu/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#15 {main}

So it looks like we set the number of places too high.

4 minutes ago, Alismora said:

Edit: I've found where we went wrong.  I made a test application with Number of Places set to 5, no error.  Another with Number of Places set to 100, no error.  A third one with Number of Places set to 1000, received this error.

Oh yes, you're right. Checking the column definition, it will allow up to 255 places. I'll change that and will add a "unlimited" checkbox there. I really don't plan to release it before 4.4, which will have chages to make.

Edited by Adriano Faria
1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

Oh yes, you're right. Checking the column definition, it will allow up to 132 places. I'll change that and will add a "unlimited" checkbox there. I really don't plan to release it before 4.4, which will have chages to make.

That's absolutely understandable.  Knowing the max we can use for now will help us until 4.4 releases and you're able to update!  Thanks a lot for your continued support.

Edited by Alismora
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.3.0:

NEW VERSION IS COMPATIBLE WITH IPS 4.4 ONLY!

New features/Enhancements:

• Added ability to avoid a specific member from applying to open position (restriction on ACP Member Profile -> Preferences)
  • Added a widget: Positions Feed
  • Added ability to set an open position as Unlimited (number of places)

Bug Fixes:

• Fix missing language bit on Storage Settings
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, Adriano,

I'm unable to change the restrictions a staff application. If I'd like to go back and add 'you must have at least 50 posts', I can't do this. It can only be done when you first set-up. Would be useful to change these, instead of deleting the whole thing and re-doing it. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’m not able to test it today but probably someone already applied. If that’s the case, you can’t change. 

If that’s not the case, reply back and I’ll take a look tomorrow. 

This is a new application I've setup, again to test.

First setup (restrictions on the right)
Staff1.thumb.PNG.a133091d6eb1f34ab04c5ec68d5d5c65.PNG

After setup, but editing (no restrictions)
staff2.thumb.PNG.9035614306aa608b10d363b488be410b.PNG

Thanks! 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Adriano,

for the current version I'm missing two language strings:

• block_applicationsFeed
  • block_applicationsFeed_desc

Are they really missing or went something wrong on my end?

Furthermore I noticed a small problem:
If you do not upload an image for an open position there is a default thumbnail in the overview (where you can see all positions), but on the detailed page, viewing a specific position, there is just a blank grey square (the background color) while the app tries to pull an image from the uploads folder, but as there is none it isn't displaying anything. Wouldn't it be better if we had the default thumbnail in both positions if we don't have uploaded any image?

style="background-image: url( "**base_path**/uploads/" )"

staffapp_grey_background.JPG.33051517249ce70301fad0615408ce46.JPG

Edit: I've edited the position and noticed that there is some image uploaded with the size of 4kb (without a preview, it seems the image is "empty") after deleting the image and saving the position the image is back again, so it won't get deleted

Best regards,
Phil

Edited by Phil7789