Staff Applications System

• 3 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria 

Hope this is ok to post a suggestion here

but maybe in a later update

- having some type of badge or icon, or something show up on members profile / sorta like maybe the verification check 

only this will show maybe as a little rectangle badge (size of the bug/pending/fixed) show......adds a little flash and a "i want this" to members mind

*** Thought.....could this be set in the profile sidebar? take up a slot/block

screenshot-www.fierceteam.com-2019_04.16-10-28-28.thumb.png.fb70449c3eb5286d6bae360d83f4c3d0.png

I know we can make a specific group for this, and a rank badge................... what if we don't have the plugin to show more than one group, 

if not, you know i understand and will try to think of a another way to add this 

Hey Adriano,

I have a small question or feature suggestion.
For each position you can enter a description of what this position is about. This description has it's styling in the detailed view while it has just a plain text description in the overview of all positions (which you can expand).

Detailed view
staff_app_detailed.JPG.bec7692ecb9e2bcd5201c07b44d9b064.JPG

Overview (plain text)
staff_app_plain.thumb.JPG.2248e66d4197ee8d301026ea9de84946.JPG

Would it be possible or would it be a good idea to have an additional and short "teaser" text where you enter just a short description, which is displayed while viewing all positions as all the markdown / styling like lists is lost in the overview. When viewing one position in particular we could then use the more detailed text with lists and styling like bold or italic text and links, etc.

Best regards,
Phil

Do you mean this?

#0 /var/www/html/u285491/applications/staffappsystem/sources/Applicationrecord/Applicationrecord.php(1360): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load(1)
#1 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Theme/Theme.php(840) : eval()'d code(262): IPS\staffappsystem\_Applicationrecord->getPosition(1)
#2 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_staffappsystem_front_index->index(Object(IPS\Patterns\ActiveRecordIterator), '\n\n')
#3 /var/www/html/u285491/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/index.php(52): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('index', Array)
#4 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_index->manage()
#5 /var/www/html/u285491/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/u285491/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

the error logs don't show anything......only in the system logs can i find anything

let me know what else you need and i will find it if i can

also, idk if it means anything...but flipping theme to default IPS shows same error

The URL of page the error occurred on was https://www.fierceteam.com/staffapplications/
OutOfRangeException::0
Edited by Fierce God

@Adriano Faria 

i know its me,

But what did i do wrong to not have the app show as can not apply?

Newest update installed

screenshot-www.fierceteam.com-2019_04.20-09-14-20.thumb.png.532c76dac0beb44dcbc44ec98f81a925.png

screenshot-www.fierceteam.com-2019_04.20-09-16-41.thumb.png.d946afba78c543803d4135e44ae1970f.png

Thats showing to my test (regular member group) account 

i have positions available and wanted to to test out the disable setting to see if it will show you can't apply

but if i go to edit position on front end, and try to make positions 0......you can't save it................ (was doing that to test to see if that would bring out the "you can't apply")

what do i need to change or do?