Staff Applications System

Hello @Adriano Faria 

Would it be possible to add the option for guests to be able to apply to a application 

We have a application to join FGN, and not everyone wants to have to make a account, they are just applying for our Clan side and it doesn't use the site at all, but i still want to use the pro look of your app instead of a google form or a wordpress plugin

so i guess this would fall into the "Post before registering"? i think

Edited by Fierce God
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Adriano,

On the front end, could we have the ability to remove successful/approved applications? Right now when you click applications it shows you the admin and guests who got the roles, but obviously not their application they submitted.

I’ve had someone leave and I’d like to remove them from successful applications. Only way I can do this now is to delete the positions and remake it?

Also some feedback; some people have said that it isn’t clear where to click to apply for the roles? I’ve had to add to the title of each position (Click here to apply). Could you add  button to the application list under the title or next to it which says ‘click here to apply’.

Edited by Dean_
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

I’ll consider the draft posting in a future version. 👍

Thanks but, frankly, the hide function works perfectly well, as long as people think of doing it. You're busy enough as is 🥺

Edited by Giray
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2019 at 1:42 PM, Dean_ said:

Also some feedback; some people have said that it isn’t clear where to click to apply for the roles? I’ve had to add to the title of each position (Click here to apply). Could you add  button to the application list under the title or next to it which says ‘click here to apply’.

More clear than that?

GS1B7ul.png

There's a huge green button saying "Apply!". Don't know how to make it more prominent. Really.

On 9/22/2019 at 1:42 PM, Dean_ said:

On the front end, could we have the ability to remove successful/approved applications? Right now when you click applications it shows you the admin and guests who got the roles, but obviously not their application they submitted.

I’ve had someone leave and I’d like to remove them from successful applications. Only way I can do this now is to delete the positions and remake it?

That would required some work. Maybe for IPS 5. 👍

12 minutes ago, NaisA- said:

Extra fields won't show up for me. The only thing that shows when a user attempt to make an application is the description box.

Did you tied the extra field to the category? You have to edit the category and choose which ones should be used in that category:

UThDSic.png

Probably you didn't. I did and it's showing fine:

vlPrifU.png

Did you tied the extra field to the category? You have to edit the category and choose which ones should be used in that category:

Thanks for this! 

Also, is there an ability to take the application record and create a new topic, much like how creating a new Application behaves.

4 minutes ago, NaisA- said:

Also, is there an ability to take the application record and create a new topic, much like how creating a new Application behaves.

Honestly I don’t remember and can’t check now. Edit the category and see if there’s a FORUMS or TOPICS tab. If so, then select the forum and a topic will be created when a new position is submitted. Otherwise, it isn’t a feature. 

Edited by Adriano Faria

Hi Adriano,

After using the app a little, these are my observations as regard my own usage.

It would be useful for applicants to have the option to edit their application after they've been accepted, albeit with moderation. Here's my thinking. I'd like to use their application as a form of profile sheet. Let's say, for instance, that the applicant lives in Denver and moves to Chicago. I accepted them because they were in Denver and that's where I needed them. Now that they're moving to Chicago, I'd like to know so that I can reassign them to a Chicago position. Or, for example, imagine that initially the staff member did not know PHP so he did not check off the 'I know PHP' box in an 'experience' field. He now knows PHP, he should be able to come back and check it so that I know he's learned it.

Which brings me to managing staff. I'm hoping to use the app to manage a category of volunteers — possibly in the thousands. It would be very useful if there was the ability to automatically promote an approved applicant to a specific primary or secondary member group. I could then search, message, etc. based on that new group. I could do it manually, but going to the member's profile and changing it there, but if I start getting lots of applicants, it'll become an issue.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Jim

5 hours ago, Giray said:

It would be very useful if there was the ability to automatically promote an approved applicant to a specific primary or secondary member group. I could then search, message, etc. based on t

It is a feature since version 1.0.0:

Ability to automatically move the "winner" member to a chosen group (you inform the group when you're adding the application record)

igWEBlh.jpg

5 hours ago, Giray said:

It would be useful for applicants to have the option to edit their application after they've been accepted, albeit with moderation. Here's my thinking. I'd like to use their application as a form of profile sheet. Let's say, for instance, that the applicant lives in Denver and moves to Chicago. I accepted them because they were in Denver and that's where I needed them. Now that they're moving to Chicago, I'd like to know so that I can reassign them to a Chicago position. Or, for example, imagine that initially the staff member did not know PHP so he did not check off the 'I know PHP' box in an 'experience' field. He now knows PHP, he should be able to come back and check it so that I know he's learned it.

This app is supposed to handle the application itself n once the applicant becomes a staff member, there’s no sense in do anything in the app. If you want to edit something, you should do it in their profile.