Staff Applications System

@Adriano Faria - This looks good and I am interested but I would like to be able to configure form fields for them to complete to make it more of an application form rather than a simple text box. I might want to ask them previous experience, references, qualifications etc etc and these should be separated like an application form would be in my view. 

Any thoughts about adding this functionality?

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Wayne B said:

@Adriano Faria - This looks good and I am interested but I would like to be able to configure form fields for them to complete to make it more of an application form rather than a simple text box. I might want to ask them previous experience, references, qualifications etc etc and these should be separated like an application form would be in my view. 

Any thoughts about adding this functionality?

Thanks

Yes, Extra Fields. That’s why they’re there. 

You can set one, dozens, hundreds fields. Better than I add what I think it’s good. :)

@Wayne B

EDIT: Or so you mean when someone is applying to the position? If so, take a look: 

Edited by Adriano Faria
  • 2 months later...
37 minutes ago, Steph40 said:

is the new update only for 4.3?

Yes, as stated:

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.1.0:

• IPS 4.3 compatibility

If you’re not using 4.3, why would you upgrade it? 

Uninstall this version and install the 1.0.1

Edited by Adriano Faria
10 minutes ago, Steph40 said:

FYI stating it is compatible with 4.3 does not mean it is not compatible with 4.2.8

If it were running fine in both versions, why in earth would I need to release a new version? I don’t see much sense. 5 or 6 resources I released a new version. 150 don’t. So...

1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.1.0:

• IPS 4.3 compatibility

For the others, DO NOT use in IPS 4.2.X.

• 2 weeks later...

I use this for my "copy", I gleaned it from various sources and modified it to my own purposes.

Position Specification:

The Community Moderator will help to implement the NAGF Community mission by monitoring and moderating user-generated content to ensure that the online community is maintained as a safe and fun family environment focused on and around our love for the Goldwing. This role coordinates with the internal Community Management team to support its mission, ensuring a safe and legal community environment, promoting a strong sense of pleasant cooperation and helping to cultivate a strong and dynamic community.

Responsibilities:

• Implement the online community mission, coordinating with stakeholders across the online community to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of user support to our community with the help of various communication tools
  • Review and moderate all user-generated content and user profiles (either pre-, post- or reactive moderation) within forums, comments, images, videos and audio, liaising with the Community Management team when required
  • Manage the banned user process, and track and remove previously banned users
  • Maintain the Moderation Guidelines and ensure they are up to date
  • Processing emails and complaints, escalating when necessary
  • Regularly provide feedback concerning insights gained from community moderation to the Community Management team

Requirements:

• Great knowledge of basic online legal issues and cool under pressure
  • Strong organizational and multitasking skills, and a proactive approach
  • Working operational knowledge and understanding of online community platform moderation tools (Forums, Blogs, Photo Uploads, Commenting etc.)
  • Ability to effectively communicate information
  • Team player, detail focused and reliable
  • Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
  • Have a good knowledge of principles of customer service
  • Availability to be online frequently

Okay, next question. There are a lot of options and I want to make sure I am using them how they are envisioned by the creator (or close to it). Why are there three places to put int the positions title?

For example, if I need a moderator, what do I do with these options:

Back End
Category: Site Staff or no category needed... I don't see this used anywhere else besides a section called category.
Positions: Moderator

Front End

Title: Moderator again?
Tags: position, moderator, staff
Position drop down box: Moderator
Promote to: Moderator

I imagine there are so many redundancies so that the system could be used for many different uses... I am just trying to understand what some of those uses might be that would require so much redundancy (because I might find a way I could use this application for other things).

This seems to be extremely buggy to me, and I can't use it at all... I am using it on IPS 4.3.1.  As a fresh install I can just about make an application and such but if I have extra fields, I just can't do anything. I can't make applications, I can't edit them. I keep coming up with this error:-

OutOfBoundsException: Application (0)
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/CustomField/CustomField.php(754): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Editor->__construct('staffappsystem_...', NULL, 1, Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'staffappsystem_...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\_CustomField->buildHelper(NULL)
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(144): call_user_func_array('parent::buildHe...', Array)
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/sources/Applicationrecord/Applicationrecord.php(543): IPS\steam_hook_steamid->buildHelper(NULL)
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(121): IPS\staffappsystem\_Applicationrecord::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(75): IPS\Content\_Item::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/submit.php(82): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_submit->submit()
#8 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/submit.php(28): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_submit->execute()
#10 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

Because of the "Steam_hook_steamid" thing, I figured maybe @Aiwa's Steam Integration Application was the cause.  So I disabled Steam Integration but that didn't really fix it, as you can see with the new error code below:

#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/CustomField/CustomField.php(754): IPS\Helpers\Form\_Editor->__construct('staffappsystem_...', NULL, 1, Array, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'staffappsystem_...')
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/sources/Applicationrecord/Applicationrecord.php(543): IPS\_CustomField->buildHelper(NULL)
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(121): IPS\staffappsystem\_Applicationrecord::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(75): IPS\Content\_Item::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/submit.php(82): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_submit->submit()
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/submit.php(28): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_submit->execute()
#8 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Is it just me with this problem?

Edited by Tripp★

To rule out steam, set your steam custom profile field to type Text, don't worry you won't lose data. That way it's no longer using a custom field type and would bypass all my code. 

Just make sure to set the field type back so steam will function correctly moving forward. 

@Aiwa: Okay, I did that then disabled your app, I was still presented with this error though:

#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/sources/Applicationrecord/Applicationrecord.php(543): IPS\_CustomField->buildHelper(NULL)
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(121): IPS\staffappsystem\_Applicationrecord::formElements(NULL, Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(75): IPS\Content\_Item::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/submit.php(82): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\staffappsystem\Category))
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_submit->submit()
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/modules/front/general/submit.php(28): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\staffappsystem\modules\front\general\_submit->execute()
#8 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}
Edited by Tripp★
3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

EXTREMELY buggy seems a bit overkill  because I don’t see other 20 clients complaining about this resource.

Good for them, I'm glad it words for the other 20 people, I was just here to report a bug. I never empathised 'Extremely' either. So that opening statement seems a bit overkill, because I said SEEMS extremely buggy. Not that it IS extremely buggy. If you want to argue more about this my PM box is open, let's not do this publically, again. 

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It seems to be something related to a specific type of custom field (editor).

I’ll take a look in a couple of hours. 

I agree that does seem to be where it's coming from. Thank you very much.

58 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 1.1.1:

• Fix error on Editor extra field.
  • Compatible with IPS 4.3 only.

That has done the job very nicely man. Thanks very much for your quick update of this, despite all being said I actually deeply appreciate a developer that gets problems fixed so very quickly. So thumbs up. Thanks Adriano.

I have found another EX0 error that this application displays. I am using custom fields and so it might be related to the one I reported the other day; but when I goto the ModCP and then look at the applications from there, I get presented with this error:

UnexpectedValueException:  (0)
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/sources/Applicationrecord/Applicationrecord.php(232): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('browse', 'staffappsystem', 'front')
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Content.php(133): IPS\staffappsystem\_Applicationrecord::contentTableTemplate()
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Content.php(94): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Content->__construct('IPS\\staffappsys...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Array)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Content->manage()
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(104): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

If I find anything else I will let you know.

12 minutes ago, Tripp★ said:

I have found another EX0 error that this application displays. I am using custom fields and so it might be related to the one I reported the other day; but when I goto the ModCP and then look at the applications from there, I get presented with this error:

#0 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/staffappsystem/sources/Applicationrecord/Applicationrecord.php(232): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('browse', 'staffappsystem', 'front')
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Content.php(133): IPS\staffappsystem\_Applicationrecord::contentTableTemplate()
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Content.php(94): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Content->__construct('IPS\\staffappsys...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Array)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Content->manage()
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(104): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

If I find anything else I will let you know.

Ok, I'll give you some time until monday morning then I'll release a fix.

I am getting this error:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX0

This error was probably caused by application Staff Applications System.
If the issue persists, disable it and contact the author for further assistance.

TECHNICAL DETAILS

#0 /home/site/public_html/community/applications/staffappsystem/sources/Applicationrecord/Applicationrecord.php(232): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('browse', 'staffappsystem', 'front')
#1 /home/site/public_html/community/system/Helpers/Table/Content.php(133): IPS\staffappsystem\_Applicationrecord::contentTableTemplate()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Helpers\Table\_Content->__construct('IPS\\staffappsys...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Array, NULL, NULL, 'read', false)
#3 /home/site/public_html/community/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(73): call_user_func_array('parent::__const...', Array)
#4 /home/site/public_html/community/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(548): IPS\Helpers\Table\bestanswer_hook_badfForumFilters->__construct('IPS\\staffappsys...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Array, NULL, NULL, 'read', false)
#5 /home/site/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->content()
#6 /home/site/public_html/community/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(65): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/site/public_html/community/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#8 /home/site/public_html/community/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

I do not have any custom fields.