Staff Applications System

• 2 months later...

New version will be released in a couple of days or so with a new (very requested) features: custom fields for the applications form.

On ACP:

xsqU3DT.png

When applying to an open position:

kLtlRZC.png

It opens up all sort of possibilities, so you can customize the form to receive specific information from the applicants.

So you will have two types of custom fields in the app:

• in the position form (when creating the open position)
  • in the application form (when a member is applying to the open position)

?

What's New in Version 1.2.0:

New features:

• Custom fields in the applications form: admins will be able to customize the form to receive specific information from the applicants
  • Applicants can cancel their application if it is still in PENDING status
  • Added new setting to control how many applications will be displayed in app index

Improvements:

• Template tweaks

--------------------------------------------------

WOwkMew.png

TrK5tOL.png

dMRWN48.png

mvQqhZV.png

• 2 weeks later...

What's New in Version 1.2.2:

New features:

• Adds Applicants Custom Fields in the position form so you can choose which fields are suitable for the position you are creating/editing, thus you may have different questions according to the position.
  • Adds a "Thanks for applying" page when the user applies to the position. User can cancel the application if it's still in PENDING satuts.

LoIzV9D.png

RVtHkWj.png

vlvuayH.png

• 3 months later...

@Adriano Faria

Hey there!  We just started using this app last night and I've hit a bit of an issue.  We set this up straight out of the box and it seemed to be working excellently right away, but after about a day of having members apply to our staff positions, we noticed that not all the apps are being submitted properly.  

Here's the first app submitted that went through without issue.  There are more questions, but for the sake of space, I only screenshot the top part.

29e5c95da224efcac2e9b89a8fb0403a.png

However, this is the next application.  I confirmed with this member that they did indeed fill in all fields as instructed since they are required fields, but only her description is showing up with all the other fields blank.

32e7218c5972b2332bd05f83b44abfbf.png

It happens sporadically.  The first application went through fine.  The next 2 had everything missing except for their description.  The application submitted after those two looks fine with all the information showing up, but then again the next one after that has all but the description missing.  Some of the apps sent in had none of the custom application fields attached to it at all.  Looked like this: 

f615d5b7869f002eaebb1255eb746589.png

I did remake 3 out of the 4 applications to remedy this issue and I'm keeping an eye out for any future applications not showing up correctly.  I've sent test apps to all 4 and they went through successfully, but I wanted to make you aware of this anyway.  We're using this application straight out of the box on 4.3.6.

Edited by Alismora

Update:  I was able to figure out the issue.  There were errors being thrown about certain custom application fields: 

IPS\Db\Exception: Data too long for column 'field_10' at row 1 

I have all fields set to text and/or text area with unlimited characters, so I'm not sure why it would say the data is too long?  I did remove one that wasn't needed and changed field 10 to text area instead of just text.  It seems to have fixed the issue for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I receive an EX0 error when going to ModeratorCP -> Applications

ErrorException: template_store_missing (0)
#0 /***ROOT_PATH***/applications/staffappsystem/sources/Applicationrecord/Applicationrecord.php(222): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('browse', 'staffappsystem')
#1 /***ROOT_PATH***/system/Helpers/Table/Content.php(133): IPS\staffappsystem\_Applicationrecord::contentTableTemplate()
#2 /***ROOT_PATH***/applications/core/extensions/core/ModCp/Content.php(94): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Content->__construct('IPS\\staffappsys...', Object(IPS\Http\Url\Friendly), Array)
#3 [internal function]: IPS\core\extensions\core\ModCp\_Content->manage()
#4 /***ROOT_PATH***/applications/core/modules/front/modcp/modcp.php(104): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /***ROOT_PATH***/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\front\modcp\_modcp->manage()
#6 /***ROOT_PATH***/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /***ROOT_PATH***/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

I removed the path of my webfolder.

I don't have any template called "browse"

Edited by Phil7789
1 hour ago, Adriano Faria said:

Yes, but that would require more time to add and test the feature. I'll do in a further version.

First of all thanks for the super fast fix.

For the feature: No rush, until the feature is ready we can use a PM for that. It's a nice-to-have convenience feature.

Edit: @Adriano Faria I am sorry to interrupt again 😞 While fiddling around with the permissions I found some missing language strings.

AdminCP ->Members -> Staff -> Moderators and inside of that the permissions tab

missing_language_string1.JPG.100cedd3f6aec688f42bd02e93b572c2.JPG

AdminCP ->Members -> Staff -> Administrators -> Staff Applications System tab

missing_language_string2.JPG.b2ffd52010570f7475ee38a31e3b939a.JPG

Edited by Phil7789
Missing language strings

What's New in Version 1.2.4:

New Features:

• Added a reason field for when a staff member is approving or rejecting an application
    • Reason can be sent via PM to the applicant (option in the form)
    • Reason, when given, will aso be displayed in the Manage Applications page
  • Added ability to the position author to respond to reviews

Bug Fixes:

• Fix missing language bits on Moderator permissions
  • Fix missing language bits on Admins restrictions

Enhancements:

• Changed some language bits across the app
  • Rework in some templates
  • 4 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria

Is it possible to allow us to have multiple categories?  Currently it's only allowing me to create one, and I have applications for a multitude of things, not just staff positions, but your application would work amazingly for all of them if I could separate them into categories.

Another minor suggestion would be to change the "Reason" area when approving or rejecting applications to be changed into an editor field instead of a text area field.  We use custom tables to send official correspondence to keep everything cohesive across the site and would help when sending application messages.

Edited by Alismora
6 hours ago, Alismora said:

Is it possible to allow us to have multiple categories?  Currently it's only allowing me to create one, and I have applications for a multitude of things, not just staff positions, but your application would work amazingly for all of them if I could separate them into categories.

No. It shouldn’t even have the one it has. It’s there to allow to use tags and to follow positions. No plan at all to make it.

6 hours ago, Alismora said:

Another minor suggestion would be to change the "Reason" area when approving or rejecting applications to be changed into an editor field instead of a text area field.  We use custom tables to send official correspondence to keep everything cohesive across the site and would help when sending application messages.

Custom tables? To send what? It doesn’t show to anyone but to a few staff members with permission. Maybe in a future version. 

On 1/3/2019 at 4:33 AM, Adriano Faria said:

No. It shouldn’t even have the one it has. It’s there to allow to use tags and to follow positions. No plan at all to make it.

Alright, I'll just figure out a better way to display the applications then so no one is confused.

On 1/3/2019 at 4:33 AM, Adriano Faria said:

Custom tables? To send what? It doesn’t show to anyone but to a few staff members with permission. Maybe in a future version. 

One of your recent features: When you check the "Notify the applicant" option when approving or rejecting an application, it sends it to the applicant via private message.

We want to utilize this to send them a nice message wrapped in custom table coding I've added to the editor via a custom button.  It's not really a make or break type thing, just would be nice for the option to spruce up the message a bit with some post formatting instead of plain text.