Staff Applications System

On 4/18/2019 at 10:37 AM, Phil7789 said:

Hey Adriano,

I have a small question or feature suggestion.
For each position you can enter a description of what this position is about. This description has it's styling in the detailed view while it has just a plain text description in the overview of all positions (which you can expand).

Detailed view
staff_app_detailed.JPG.bec7692ecb9e2bcd5201c07b44d9b064.JPG

Overview (plain text)
staff_app_plain.thumb.JPG.2248e66d4197ee8d301026ea9de84946.JPG

Would it be possible or would it be a good idea to have an additional and short "teaser" text where you enter just a short description, which is displayed while viewing all positions as all the markdown / styling like lists is lost in the overview. When viewing one position in particular we could then use the more detailed text with lists and styling like bold or italic text and links, etc.

Best regards,
Phil

Hey @Adriano Faria I am not sure if my post slipped through. Any thoughts about a teaser text?

Thanks in advance 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Adriano, 

image.thumb.png.5adf4f1b4ef7a77e1d5f13b666c7bf54.png

If from the Staff Applications page I select "read more" I get this unformatted mess:

image.thumb.png.b17194b4ae299dd716bcb4570be23a68.png

When the real page, if the position title hyperlink is clicked instead, I get what it should look like:

image.thumb.png.b67ebbbfc192f989387b4b7b5a5ae720.png

Is it possible to format the content in the Read More drop down?

Thanks

@Adriano Faria 

Is it something i did or not doing that stopped the images from showing up on the front end of the application?

screenshot-www-fierceteam-com-2019-05-08

even when you click edit, and look where you uploaded the image, it will show a 0 and no images, but the file name

screenshot-www-fierceteam-com-2019-05-08

The welcomer was the first app i did month ago, and the image shows

but even on that one, when you click edit, the image is gone, and 0 B and the file name shows

2 hours ago, Fierce God said:

Is it something i did or not doing that stopped the images from showing up on the front end of the application?

even when you click edit, and look where you uploaded the image, it will show a 0 and no images, but the file name

The welcomer was the first app i did month ago, and the image shows

but even on that one, when you click edit, the image is gone, and 0 B and the file name shows

All fine here. See:

3vStf1L.png

vx6x6Mm.png

uzlqfYW.png

Files  in the uploads folder:

SIh1s2c.png

Then I manually delete both files and I got what you got:

pcZilCI.png

So you probably deleted the image via FTP.

1 minute ago, Adriano Faria said:

edit the position and upload another one, anyway.

did three times, still same results

i even deleted the applications, redid them, and still same result

im guessing i may have to delete app

then reinstall it

did the disable thing one by one, then enabled one by one, and still get same results

so i may just have to start over.......only had three apps, so shouldn't be that hard

I'm not sure what to tell you. Does it happen in any other place (another upload field)? I just installed this in the board you have access and it's ok there too. Check it out.

Not sure if CiC has access to Storage Settings. Try: ACP -> System tab -> Files -> Storage Settings and find Applications Images;

tnviSRQ.png

Path should be the same from others.

Yes, is it like all the rest? Are they all the same? You purchased it on March 27. Does it happened before or started now from out of nowhere? Can you reproduce this in any other upload field across your site? Took a look in the storage extension from the app and it seems ok to me.

If you don't have records to lose or don't mind with it for now, I would suggest to uninstall the app and then reinstall. If it insists, then probably submit a ticket; they will probably send you back to me if it happens only in this 3rd-party resource, then I'll try to reach some IPS dev to help.

• 4 weeks later...