Staff Applications System

5 minutes ago, DoorMadeEasy said:

Have you tested it?  if everything is okay  how to change the url ?

Just tested and still not fixed by IPS.

I replaced all occurrences of staffapplications by careers. It adds the careers but doesn't remove the staffapplications so you'll end up with a URL like this;

.../index.php?/staffapplications/careers/submit/&do=submit&category=1&_new=1

Marketplace in ACP will show up in 4.5 only.

I see you made a purchase. Thank you. 

As you’re in 4.4.10, go to the this file page here on IPS marketplace: https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8859-staff-applications-system/

Search for See changelog link and click on it to find the version 1.5.3 then click to download it:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Adriano Faria

Not sure if this is related to the app or IPS, but since Beta 11 (and now 4.5 soft release), I cannot upgrade from; 1.5.3. ACP says that 1.6.0 is released and that I'm up to date? However, I haven't been able to update to that version yet.

staff1.thumb.JPG.8752d61f1afa0101498b5e6ff72ded60.JPG

staff2.thumb.JPG.591bc487d38ed16d6a7097b5f947d415.JPG

Edit: Known bug in 4.5, and addressed in 4.5.1

Edited by Dean_
  • 2 months later...

I'm having multiple issues right now. 
1. Applicants can't see their own applications. Their permission for the category is SEE CATEGORY, VIEW APPLICATIONS, APPLY, COMMENT.
2. Applicantions aren't posting to forum even though the setting is turned on for the sub category.
3. Staff can't see applications in moderator CP or the applications page, their permissions are SEE CATEGORY, VIEW APPLICATIONS, COMMENT, REVIEW APPLICATIONS

4. Admins can see the applications but there is no where to comment on them accept by approving/rejection. 

Can you please help me out with these. Thanks
Edit: Fixed 3, in Moderators settings. But now they have same issue as admins.

Edited by Andrew Longenecker
10 minutes ago, Andrew Longenecker said:

1. Applicants can't see their own applications. Their permission for the category is SEE CATEGORY, VIEW APPLICATIONS, APPLY, COMMENT.

That’s how it is. Once they submit the application, only moderators with proper permission can view and approve/reject. This is pretty clear in the file description:

Permission: NO ONE except staff (with proper permisison) will be able to view/read or know who are the applicants. All that regular members will know is the number of users who applied to it.

12 minutes ago, Andrew Longenecker said:

2. Applicants aren't posting to forum even though the setting is turned on for the sub category.

I’m not sure I understand this. The category forum setting is to post the OPEN POSITION when someone creates one. It doesn’t make a post when someone applies to an open position. Explain it better if that’s not what you mean.

13 minutes ago, Andrew Longenecker said:

3. Staff can't see applications in moderator CP or the applications page, their permissions are SEE CATEGORY, VIEW APPLICATIONS, COMMENT, REVIEW APPLICATIONS

See Category, View Applications, etc. are categories permissions. To allow/disallow moderators to approve/reject applications, you should go to ACP -> Members -> Moderators-> edit the member or group, find the tab of this app and enable the permission:

439706907_Screenshot8.PNG.05934724f165c5

16 minutes ago, Andrew Longenecker said:

4. Admins can see the applications but there is no where to comment on them accept by approving/rejection. 

That’s the form you will see when you’re trying to approve/reject an application:

569369666_Screenshot4a.png.714ba36389854

The editor is there with the option to send a private message to the applicant. 

3 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

That’s how it is. Once they submit the application, only moderators with proper permission can view and approve/reject. This is pretty clear in the file description:

Permission: NO ONE except staff (with proper permisison) will be able to view/read or know who are the applicants. All that regular members will know is the number of users who applied to it.

I’m not sure I understand this. The category forum setting is to post the OPEN POSITION when someone creates one. It doesn’t make a post when someone applies to an open position. Explain it better if that’s not what you mean.

See Category, View Applications, etc. are categories permissions. To allow/disallow moderators to approve/reject applications, you should go to ACP -> Members -> Moderators-> edit the member or group, find the tab of this app and enable the permission:

439706907_Screenshot8.PNG.05934724f165c5

That’s the form you will see when you’re trying to approve/reject an application:

569369666_Screenshot4a.png.714ba36389854

The editor is there with the option to send a private message to the applicant. 

Thanks for the quick reply I understand everything now. It would be awesome if you could then add a feature where there is a option to have the Applicant's application turned into a forum topic as well. 

I've also read up in this forum topic about the fact that descriptions can't be removed b/c some people don't do custom fields, what if if there was atleast one custom field select then an option to turn off the description would appear.

Thanks again.

1 minute ago, Andrew Longenecker said:

Thanks for the quick reply I understand everything now. It would be awesome if you could then add a feature where there is a option to have the Applicant's application turned into a forum topic as well. 

I've also read up in this forum topic about the fact that descriptions can't be removed b/c some people don't do custom fields, what if if there was atleast one custom field select then an option to turn off the description would appear.

Thanks again.

I’ll give some thought when I have to update it. 👍

That would help me out, as well, Adriano. I can't use mine until there's a work-around for the Description part, due to our applications being mainly for MC/Terraria kids.

The idea of this is pretty cool, btw. I got tired of seeing moderators/admins taking a crap on the new guys for their formatting errs, when making an application.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...