News Ticker [ support topic ]

Just now, Joey_M said:

The exclude setting doesn't seem to work at all.

'Exclude on apps', I had pages and several other apps set - yet it still shows in those areas. I added everything available to me and it still shows.

Worked fine during development but I will double check tomorrow, i'm on phone right now, please be patient :) 

Thank you.

5 hours ago, Joey_M said:

'Exclude on apps', I had pages and several other apps set - yet it still shows in those areas. I added everything available to me and it still shows.

This is also not working for me. This app doesn't seem quite finished yet. 

Hi,

5 hours ago, ProSkill said:

How do I remove the default text: "Plaint Text Ticker This is a custom ticker"?

Click on Add/Edit tickers

6b84be84af210bda9031d54a6f50c15a.png

5 hours ago, ProSkill said:

how do I get it to look the one in your demo, on my site it's just showing as scrolling black text.

Must be one of the styles here ;) 

6baf5667ca2bb6ae11bc56a1a6366a07.png

12 hours ago, Joey_M said:

7 hours ago, ProSkill said:

This is also not working for me. This app doesn't seem quite finished yet. 

Sorry for the delay

Version 1.0.1 released, Please update the plugin :) 

2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

Sorry for the delay

Version 1.0.1 released, Please update the plugin :) 

Would it be possible to include some way of allowing the news ticker to displayed on certain pages?

The last version had a lot of custom/third-party apps listed as being able to be excluded, yet the new version it's just pages, forums, downloads (IPS built systems). For example I have a few pages built with IP.Pages, whilst I wouldn't want the ticker to be shown on my front page (uses IP.Pages) - I would like to add the ticker to a couple of other pages built using the application and there's some third-party items I'd like to display this in.

Thanks for the update!

4 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

Would it be possible to include some way of allowing the news ticker to displayed on certain pages?

The last version had a lot of custom/third-party apps listed as being able to be excluded, yet the new version it's just pages, forums, downloads (IPS built systems). For example I have a few pages built with IP.Pages, whilst I wouldn't want the ticker to be shown on my front page (uses IP.Pages) - I would like to add the ticker to a couple of other pages built using the application and there's some third-party items I'd like to display this in.

Thanks for the update!

Its supposed to be IPS applications only thats why it didnt even work at first 

But in next update i will improve the field ;) I had to do the quick update for now to fix it 

I have two issues: 

1. The permissions for adding tickers isn't working. I have it set so that only Administrators can create tickers. However, EVERYONE including guests can add tickers. 

2. None of the theme options are working for me. 

I am using the latest version of IPB with the default theme. 

Edited by ProSkill
22 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

Also, something is messed up with the permissions. Anyone including guests can add tickers even though only Administrators are enabled in the options. I just noticed that none of the theme options work for me. I am using the latest version of IPB with the default theme. 

Sorry, Re-download and update 

29 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

Edit: Fixed this issue. 

Great :) 

Edited by TAMAN
12 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

I get that. But it doesn't matter what style I chose it still looks the same: 

image.png.491cf635a3d5e710bceeb038daa94aac.png

weird 

have you edited any news ticker css templates? if you have then please click revert on the template because updates wont change any edited templates.

If not, then send me your website link with a message i will check it for you tomorrow 

everything works fine here, Maybe try to reinstall the plugin see if that helps :) 

Edited by TAMAN
53 minutes ago, TAMAN said:

weird 

have you edited any news ticker css templates? if you have then please click revert on the template because updates wont change any edited templates.

If not, then send me your website link with a message i will check it for you tomorrow 

everything works fine here, Maybe try to reinstall the plugin see if that helps :) 

I haven't made any changes to the CSS. I did a full reinstall and I am getting the same result. 

Is it possible to have multiple RSS feeds?

sure 

Add another rss import block the same way it is explained but with custom block template keys like

nt_pages_block1

nt_pages_block2

...etc

you can use these keys for any blocks ;) 

Edited by TAMAN
On 8/30/2017 at 10:54 PM, TAMAN said:

weird 

Okay, so here is something weird. I have some custom css in my custom.css file. However, all it does is set the forum icon for example: 

[data-forumid="92"] .fa-comments:before {
      content: "\f080";
}

When this is applied it removes all of the formatting from the news ticker, when I remove it the styling comes back. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edited by ProSkill
32 minutes ago, ProSkill said:

Okay, so here is something weird. I have some custom css in my custom.css file. However, all it does is set the forum icon for example: 

[data-forumid="92"] .fa-comments:before {
      content: "\f080";
}

When this is applied it removes all of the formatting from the news ticker, when I remove it the styling comes back. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Can you take a screenshot of your custom.css? 

Sure 

Yea weird, your custom.css has nothing to do with that 

is that all what you have in custom.css? also, what do you mean by "When this is applied it removes all of the formatting from the news ticker" what is formatting?