News Ticker [ support topic ]

2 hours ago, TAMAN said:

what browser are you using? 

I must express myself wrong because it is not possible that you cannot see the problem.
I've just done some test with Chrome and Edge. Under Chrome, the text of the newsfeed scrolls normally a first time, appearing on the right then disappearing on the left. The problem then occurs, when it is supposed to appear again on the right. In fact, only the end of the text is displayed directly in the middle of the newsfeed. There is no more progressive scrolling. Under Edge, the behavior is the same and with my smartphone too. 

Take a look on the gif attached on my first message. It displayed perfectly the issue.

Just now, Eathanor said:

I must express myself wrong because it is not possible that you cannot see the problem.
I've just done some test with Chrome and Edge. Under Chrome, the text of the newsfeed scrolls normally a first time, appearing on the right then disappearing on the left. The problem then occurs, when it is supposed to appear again on the right. In fact, only the end of the text is displayed directly in the middle of the newsfeed. There is no more progressive scrolling. Under Edge, the behavior is the same and with my smartphone too. 

Take a look on the gif attached on my first message. It displayed perfectly the issue.

I will do some more tests later 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Im trying to create a block in IP pages for hot topics with more than 50 posts to show in it

But I am completely stuck

I am not sure what to put in the ticker itself and tried this without success

<li>nt_pages_block1</li>

and I am unsure if I need to edit the content by adding <li>...</li> at the beginning and ending of the this? I did try this and it hung the site

Any pointers much appreciated

{{if !empty( $topics ) }}
    <h3 class='ipsWidget_title ipsType_reset'>{$title}</h3>

{{if $orientation == 'vertical'}}
        <div class='ipsPad_half ipsWidget_inner'>
            <ul class='ipsDataList ipsDataList_reducedSpacing'>
                {{foreach $topics as $topic}}
                    <li class='ipsDataItem{{if $topic->unread()}} ipsDataItem_unread{{endif}}{{if $topic->hidden()}} ipsModerated{{endif}}'>
                        <div class='ipsDataItem_icon ipsPos_top'>
                            {template="userPhoto" group="global" app="core" params="$topic->author(), 'tiny'"}
                        </div>
                        <div class='ipsDataItem_main cWidgetComments'>
                            <div class="ipsCommentCount ipsPos_right {{if ( $topic->posts - 1 ) === 0}}ipsFaded{{endif}}" data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="replies_number" pluralize="$topic->posts - 1"}'>{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->formatNumber( $topic->posts - 1 )"}</div>

<div class='ipsType_break ipsContained'>
                                {{if $topic->mapped('featured') || $topic->hidden() === -1 || $topic->hidden() === 1}}
                                    {{if $topic->hidden() === -1}}
                                        <span><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_small ipsBadge_warning" data-ipsTooltip title='{$topic->hiddenBlurb()}'><i class='fa fa-eye-slash'></i></span></span>
                                    {{elseif $topic->hidden() === 1}}
                                        <span><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_small ipsBadge_warning" data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="pending_approval"}'><i class='fa fa-warning'></i></span></span>
                                    {{endif}}
                                    {{if $topic->mapped('featured')}}
                                        <span><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_small ipsBadge_positive" data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="featured"}'><i class='fa fa-star'></i></span></span>
                                    {{endif}}
                                {{endif}}                            
                                <a href="{$topic->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'getNewComment' )}" title='{lang="view_this_topic" sprintf="$topic->title"}' class='ipsDataItem_title'>{$topic->title}</a>
                            </div>
                            <p class='ipsType_reset ipsType_medium ipsType_blendLinks ipsContained'>
                                <span>{lang="byline_nodate" htmlsprintf="$topic->author()->link()"}</span><br>
                                <span class='ipsType_light'>{lang="topic_started_date" htmlsprintf="\IPS\DateTime::ts( $topic->mapped('date') )->html()"}</span>
                            </p>
                        </div>
                    </li>
                {{endforeach}}
            </ul>
        </div>
    {{else}}
        <div class='ipsWidget_inner'>
            <ul class='ipsDataList'>
                    {template="row" group="global" app="forums" location="front" params="NULL, NULL, $topic, FALSE"}
                {{endforeach}}
            </ul>
        </div>
    {{endif}}
{{endif}}

2 hours ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

Im trying to create a block in IP pages for hot topics with more than 50 posts to show in it

But I am completely stuck

I am not sure what to put in the ticker itself and tried this without success

<li>nt_pages_block1</li>

and I am unsure if I need to edit the content by adding <li>...</li> at the beginning and ending of the this? I did try this and it hung the site

Any pointers much appreciated

{{if !empty( $topics ) }}
    <h3 class='ipsWidget_title ipsType_reset'>{$title}</h3>

{{if $orientation == 'vertical'}}
        <div class='ipsPad_half ipsWidget_inner'>
            <ul class='ipsDataList ipsDataList_reducedSpacing'>
                    <li class='ipsDataItem{{if $topic->unread()}} ipsDataItem_unread{{endif}}{{if $topic->hidden()}} ipsModerated{{endif}}'>
                        <div class='ipsDataItem_icon ipsPos_top'>
                            {template="userPhoto" group="global" app="core" params="$topic->author(), 'tiny'"}
                        </div>
                        <div class='ipsDataItem_main cWidgetComments'>
                            <div class="ipsCommentCount ipsPos_right {{if ( $topic->posts - 1 ) === 0}}ipsFaded{{endif}}" data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="replies_number" pluralize="$topic->posts - 1"}'>{expression="\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->formatNumber( $topic->posts - 1 )"}</div>

<div class='ipsType_break ipsContained'>
                                {{if $topic->mapped('featured') || $topic->hidden() === -1 || $topic->hidden() === 1}}
                                    {{if $topic->hidden() === -1}}
                                        <span><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_small ipsBadge_warning" data-ipsTooltip title='{$topic->hiddenBlurb()}'><i class='fa fa-eye-slash'></i></span></span>
                                    {{elseif $topic->hidden() === 1}}
                                        <span><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_small ipsBadge_warning" data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="pending_approval"}'><i class='fa fa-warning'></i></span></span>
                                    {{endif}}
                                    {{if $topic->mapped('featured')}}
                                        <span><span class="ipsBadge ipsBadge_icon ipsBadge_small ipsBadge_positive" data-ipsTooltip title='{lang="featured"}'><i class='fa fa-star'></i></span></span>
                                    {{endif}}
                                {{endif}}                            
                                <a href="{$topic->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'getNewComment' )}" title='{lang="view_this_topic" sprintf="$topic->title"}' class='ipsDataItem_title'>{$topic->title}</a>
                            </div>
                            <p class='ipsType_reset ipsType_medium ipsType_blendLinks ipsContained'>
                                <span>{lang="byline_nodate" htmlsprintf="$topic->author()->link()"}</span><br>
                                <span class='ipsType_light'>{lang="topic_started_date" htmlsprintf="\IPS\DateTime::ts( $topic->mapped('date') )->html()"}</span>
                            </p>
                        </div>
                    </li>
                {{endforeach}}
            </ul>
        </div>
    {{else}}
        <div class='ipsWidget_inner'>
            <ul class='ipsDataList'>
                    {template="row" group="global" app="forums" location="front" params="NULL, NULL, $topic, FALSE"}
                {{endforeach}}
            </ul>
        </div>
    {{endif}}
{{endif}}

Take a look at the examples provided it can help.

You can't edit rss block and simply change the word to topics 

You need to create a topic feed block and change the content codes.

Sorry I'm away from my pc for next two weeks

Try to paste me the topic feed content codes here and I will try to do my best to edit it for you with my mobile ?

33 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Thanks

{{if !empty( $topics ) }}{{foreach $topics as $topic}}<li><a href="{$topic['link']}" target="_blank" rel="noopener">{$topic['title']}</a></li>{{endforeach}}{{endif}}

First off you will need to create a topic feed block and set the template key of this block same as the rss one which is provided in the plugin if you look.

This way the topic feed block shows in the news ticker instead of the rss

And for the content of the topic feed block try this

{{if !empty( $topics ) }}{{foreach $topics as $topic}}<li><a href="{$topic->url()->setQueryString( 'do', 'getNewComment' )}" title='{lang="view_this_topic" sprintf="$topic->title"}'>{$topic->title}</a></li>{{endforeach}}{{endif}}

Followed intructions and get this errror

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ' ' (T_STRING), expecting ',' or ')' (0)
#0 /home/badhabi5/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Blocks/Block.php(301): IPS\_Theme::runProcessFunction('class class_con...', 'content_templat...')
#1 /home/badhabi5/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(234): IPS\cms\Blocks\_Block->getTemplate(Array, '73e3c499f6553ca...', NULL)
#2 /home/badhabi5/public_html/system/Content/Widget.php(409): IPS\_Widget->output(Array, '73e3c499f6553ca...')
#3 /home/badhabi5/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/builder.php(112): IPS\Content\_Widget->render()
#4 /home/badhabi5/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_builder->previewBlock()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/badhabi5/public_html/init.php(460) : eval()'d code(14): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#7 /home/badhabi5/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/system/widgets.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\hook26->execute()
#8 /home/badhabi5/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_widgets->execute()
#9 /home/badhabi5/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

I noticed it had coppied some extra dot charaters so have removed them and now it works perfectly

Thank you so much once again - you are a star - Have a great holiday

You're welcome ?

Sorry i couldnt use the code feature on my phone to paste you the content

Anyway, I'm glad it works now.

cheers!

• 5 months later...
On 8/26/2018 at 7:51 AM, TAMAN said:

Of course you can

<li><a href="url">link text</a></li>

Hello, I set 2 links in my news ticker, but the font is gray color, why? anocher regular news ticker but is black color.

Is possible before a message(link of url) place a click icon?

newsticker.png

15 hours ago, kmk said:

<li><a href="https://xxxxxxxx">xx购书清单</a></li>

Message without url in Ticker field, links in Custom field

I say a click Icon, because I want to tell members it is a clickable link...

<li><a href="https://xxxxxxxx"><i class="fas fa-external-link"></i> xx购书清单</a></li>

As for the font colors, You can change it in the settings, if it doesnt work then you must probably have some custom css somewhere that causes this, or paste me a link to check

13 hours ago, kmk said:

hello there a little things I would like change it

1. The dot color can be changed?

2. The gap space can be fixed?

newsticker2.png

If you remove the gap then whats the point of changing the dot color? that Dot is the gap 

and if you remove the gap then how could you separate the link? they all will be next to each other and make an ugly style in my opinion  😕

Edited by TAMAN