CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

@CodingJungle I checked my site and your site https://codingjungle.com/babble at https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly and there are some site loading issue and a few of them come up as from codingjungle. Can you take a look?

Can't load: 

https://codingjungle.net/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=polling&t=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Is this something like a call out that can be shut off to guests?

15 minutes ago, AlexWebsites said:

@CodingJungle I checked my site and your site https://codingjungle.com/babble at https://search.google.com/test/mobile-friendly and there are some site loading issue and a few of them come up as from codingjungle. Can you take a look?

Can't load: 

https://codingjungle.net/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=polling&t=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Is this something like a call out that can be shut off to guests?

the socket initially opens up a ajax request (XHR) to establish a connection with the chat service server, and then upgrades it to a websocket if it can. I'm gonna assume (since i have guest view enabled) that the mobile test isn't capable of making xhr and/or websocket connections, and it is a limitation of the test. the reason for the redundancy (why it shows it attempting to connect multiple times) is cause the socket.io code is setup if it can't establish a connection, to try a few more times with in a x amount of time (this also covers interruptions in internet too). I really don't see how i can "fix" this, as i don't think it is a problem, it is how the script is suppose to react.

7 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

the socket initially opens up a ajax request (XHR) to establish a connection with the chat service server, and then upgrades it to a websocket if it can. I'm gonna assume (since i have guest view enabled) that the mobile test isn't capable of making xhr and/or websocket connections, and it is a limitation of the test. the reason for the redundancy (why it shows it attempting to connect multiple times) is cause the socket.io code is setup if it can't establish a connection, to try a few more times with in a x amount of time (this also covers interruptions in internet too). I really don't see how i can "fix" this, as i don't think it is a problem, it is how the script is suppose to react.

Ok thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't sure what that was all about and just wanted to make sure.

1 minute ago, GrooveOnBeat said:

Ok, thanks. I'm working on an upgrade.

If a user gets the error "cannot connect to the node server..." while others can, what can the person do?

if you are using a port other than 443/80, a lot of public wifi's and companies will block the ability to connect to ports outside of like ports 21/22/80/443 and a few others. some firewalls (on their computers) might block those ports as well. (one of the reasons i have separate servers for the chat service, using port 443 cause of this potential issue).

2 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

if you are using a port other than 443/80, a lot of public wifi's and companies will block the ability to connect to ports outside of like ports 21/22/80/443 and a few others. some firewalls (on their computers) might block those ports as well. (one of the reasons i have separate servers for the chat service, using port 443 cause of this potential issue).

I have it as 3000.

Should I change the settings in ACP and babble.js to either 443 or 80?

Edited by GrooveOnBeat

Just tried to PM all duplicate memebr accounts using the option in the acp for this

Got this error

INSERT INTO `core_message_topic_user_map` ( `map_user_id`, `map_topic_id`, `map_folder_id`, `map_read_time`, `map_user_active`, `map_user_banned`, `map_has_unread`, `map_is_system`, `map_is_starter`, `map_left_time`, `map_ignore_notification`, `map_last_topic_reply` ) VALUES ( NULL, 879, 'myconvo', 0, true, false, true, false, false, 0, false, 1512406019 )
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'map_user_id' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /public_html/system/Db/Db.php(807): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\core\\Mess...', Array)
#1 /public_html/applications/core/sources/Messenger/Conversation.php(616): IPS\_Db->insert('core_message_to...', Array)
#2 /public_html/applications/cjdml/sources/Actions/Actions.php(204): IPS\core\Messenger\_Conversation->authorize(Array)
#3 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\cjdml\modules\admin\acp\_duplicates->pm()
#4 [internal function]: IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5/public_html/init.php(448) : eval()'d code(29): call_user_func_array('parent::execute', Array)
#6 /public_html/applications/cjdml/modules/admin/acp/duplicates.php(48): IPS\Dispatcher\hook26->execute()
#7 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\cjdml\modules\admin\acp\_duplicates->execute()
#8 5/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Duplicate member logger seems completely broken apart from identifying the duplicate accounts.

We have trouble on our board so I have set it to ban new duplicate accounts

That is not working - i created a test account and registered fine without being banned

And PM messages are not being sent to the main account when a duplicate is registered

Can you look into these issues asap please as I have members threatening each other with legal action and I know one of them is creating duplicate accounts to stir things up.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Unlucky said:

Duplicate member logger seems completely broken apart from identifying the duplicate accounts.

We have trouble on our board so I have set it to ban new duplicate accounts

That is not working - i created a test account and registered fine without being banned

And PM messages are not being sent to the main account when a duplicate is registered

Can you look into these issues asap please as I have members threatening each other with legal action and I know one of them is creating duplicate accounts to stir things up.

Thanks

i'm testing out the next update for it, will release sometime this week.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:42 PM, media said:

Hi @CodingJungle,

When you run a google speed test, all the profile photos (avatars) ara marked as big file (Names 2 Avatars 3.3.0 )...

Is there anyway to add an optimization to final avatar????

example

c052510639e4566aa7780f.monsters_cats.png could save 46KiB (95% reduction).

That's from google page speed suggestion....

Names 2 Avatars 3.3.0

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:53 PM, CodingJungle said:

I've released a new version which allows you to set the size and quality of the avatar (the size will allow you to get better optimization out of the images than quality).

Thank you @CodingJungle great job...

Also, anybody wants to try to optimize images (avatars) by this plugin: if you are changing image size you have to change the text size too... 

Sorry to be a pain but my mod keep chasing me - dont forget your account has chat mod status to test and verify

"

Sorry to pester you again about the mod controls but nothings resolved yet and I had the need to use the kick function but its not working, had a chatter in **** who got a right strop on because I was unable to help him. I directed him to the forum to contact yourself but just got a bit of sarcastic rudeness like typical jobsworth. He didnt want to listen to anything I had to say"

20 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Sorry to be a pain but my mod keep chasing me - dont forget your account has chat mod status to test and verify

"

Sorry to pester you again about the mod controls but nothings resolved yet and I had the need to use the kick function but its not working, had a chatter in **** who got a right strop on because I was unable to help him. I directed him to the forum to contact yourself but just got a bit of sarcastic rudeness like typical jobsworth. He didnt want to listen to anything I had to say"

I haven't made any changes to the service since 2.6.4 was released, so if they suddenly stopped working, it might be something on your end, like a bad cache for the js files (have you tried clearing them using the support tool in the acp?). when i tested the ban/kick/etc features on the service, they all worked for me on my live site and dev site. i'll test again tonight when i get home and i'll check them out on your site as well.

57 minutes ago, Donald Meek said:

i got the CJ menu

and it just takes over my menu isnt there a off button so i can collect links from old menu for new menu? a off button while i work on it?

yes, go to ACP->CJ Menu->Primary Group, then click on "group management" and then click on "edit group". when the group settings open up, find "Enable Group" and click the toggle off and save the group. The default IPS menu should now be used instead of the cj menu primary group.

On 12/11/2017 at 10:49 AM, TheJackal84 said:

Any news with downloads plus?

I am also getting a error when trying to email the purchasers

2S100/6 The page you requested does not exist

thats when trying to approve the sending of them

it is coming. been having internet trouble for the last week, and was wrapping up a large project i've been on so things have been delayed. I will be free this weekend to get the new release of downloads plus and duplicate member manager done and out.

On 12/12/2017 at 6:39 PM, Donald Meek said:

I got CJ MENU and love it 

but i can not get a header or second menu going it just dont seem to show up

how do i add a menu and where will it show up?

what is the purpose of second menus?

i would love to have a sort of 12KEY layout for menus 3x4 items deep

is this possible with your CJ MENU?

Make sure the group is enabled, or it wont show up. you can addtional groups and use the template plugin that cjmenu comes with or create a template hook.

https://codingjungle.com/tutorials/cj-menu/

a lot of the information for doing that is here in the tutorials on my site.

if you could show me an example of what you mean about a 12 key layout, i could advise best way to go about it (either with a custom block or how to create a custom CSS for it).

7 hours ago, Donald Meek said:

only thing i cant find is where to open new window in a tab button

this would be a nice addition

go to the menu item you want to open up in a new window, click on the "style" tab, and in the "attributes" box, add this:

target="_blank"

you can add style/css class's/attributes for menu items there.

2 other questions

1) I'm using this theme

And when I tried to make a primary menu replace IP menu, it looked like long menu. When I turn off the theme it seems to work, so that looks like a theme related conflict. Do you have any other customers using the INFRASKEW theme who also have CJ menu and might have found a work around?

2) I tried using the BLOCK inside of a page, all plugins and apps off except for basic ones needed - and nothing came up on the sidebar, even though there are plenty of things in the menu. Any idea why that might be happening?

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 6.07.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 6.47.16 PM.png