CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

I seem to be having issues that is affecting a member with a duplicate account, it's spitting out an Error 500 at her, but in my server logs I am seeing:

Stack trace:
#0 /home/SITE/public_html/system/Member/Member.php(190): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('666', 'member_id', NULL)
#1 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/cjdml/sources/Member/Member.php(277): IPS\_Member::load('666')
#2 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/cjdml/sources/Member/Member.php(263): IPS\cjdml\_Member::sendPm(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Member))
#3 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/cjdml/sources/Member/Member.php(205): IPS\cjdml\_Member::doNext(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Member))
#4 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/cjdml/sources/Member/Member.php(89): IPS\cjdml\_Member::loadAndStore(Object(IPS\Member), 1850)
#5 /home/SITE/public_html/init.php(449) : eval()'d code(17): IPS\cjdml\_Member::loadAndCheck(Object(IPS\Member))
#6 /home/SITE/public_html/system/DateTime/DateTime.php(36): IPS\cjdml_hook_member::loggedIn()
#7 /home/SITE/public_html/applications/cjdml/sources/Member/Membe in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php on line 114
[14-Feb-2018 19:58:12 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Member/Member.php on line 190
[14-Feb-2018 19:58:16 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 488
[14-Feb-2018 20:01:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 471
[14-Feb-2018 20:14:53 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php on line 114
[14-Feb-2018 20:52:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 488
[14-Feb-2018 21:22:00 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 471
[14-Feb-2018 22:51:23 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 471
[14-Feb-2018 22:51:41 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 488
[14-Feb-2018 22:52:10 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 488
[14-Feb-2018 22:52:20 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 471
[14-Feb-2018 23:06:21 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 471
[14-Feb-2018 23:09:52 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 471
[14-Feb-2018 23:09:58 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 471
[14-Feb-2018 23:32:24 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded in /home/SITE/public_html/system/Db/Db.php on line 471

I was considering buy the babble chat service, but coincidentally that was I worried...the app depends on only one person, and now he not here to help you....if the app has a potential commerce value, why not make a team to provided a continue service permanently?

As some of you have noticed, i seemed to have either abandoned my apps or just disappeared. fear not, i am still actively developing and around. the reason for radio silence, life. as some of you know i do have a job outside of my development, we took on a new contract there from several local business and were upgrading their systems, so i was quite busy (as i usually work from home, but this last several weeks, i was out in the field).

the other even that happened, like most, i have a laptop and a desktop and i also have roommates. I usually use my laptop thru out the day to do things with and at night, its the domain of my sisters children (for school) and/or my sister (for her work) and i use my desktop. however at the beginning of the year, i purchased a new motherboard and cpu (any one curious it was a ryzen 6 1600) and a new monitor (a samsung 4k tv). well after a few days, my gpu died (gtx 970) and i was forced to go back to my intel cpu/mobo to use it's onboard gpu (as ryzen doesn't have one) and i was limited to 30hz on my new monitor (and it was causing me headaches) so i was unable to work, till late in the evening (around 9pm) but that was nearing my bedtime (as i was getting up around 4am for my other job). I have finally (after almost 5 weeks in RMA) have received a replacement and my desktop back in the rotation.

so these two events left me with very limited time to keep up with everything, but i am back now. I am also looking to hire a friend of mine who is familiar with my apps, to help me out in times like this, but i will need to bring him up to speed as things like the babble chat service can be daunting to some one who is unfamiliar with how it operates.

Over the next few weeks i will be addressing the outstanding issues and reports i have. monday i will be releasing a updated versions of downloads plus to address a few issues that have cropped up in it and to introduce a few new features that have been requested.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:35 AM, AlexWebsites said:

For Babble and IPS 4.3, will there be support for emojis that IPS is including?

i will have to see how they are handling the emojis, i have an update coming for 2.6+ branch, that will allow some of the extensions that are available now for use of emoji's. I had older versions of babble that included emoji1 libs for emoji's and processing, but it made the babble installer file extremely large (like 9 mb) which for some, this was bigger than their upload limit (and the installer for IPS isn't a chunk uploader), so i chose to remove it cause of this.

On 1/12/2018 at 1:45 PM, Cyboman said:

Concerning Babble Self Hosted Chat, using the current last updated version:

My moderators are reporting, that the chatuser online list doesn't update correctly. We have proof in different situations, f.e.

• indefinitely banned users -> were shown days later in the chat
  • warned and temporarily banned users -> were shown days later in the chat, too
  • even other users, that haven't been in the chat for days

Whats the problem? Can you please have a look? Thanks.

with the changes on the latest versions, the online list is directly tied to the connection, but there is a delay (something node does, not babble) if disconnects happen suddenly, it "waits" to see if they will reconnect. as some reports i have received, what seems to be happening, the connections are just remaining open or present even after the user has disconnected permanently. I will be addressing this in the next major version, for now the best way to get rid of these users, is to shut down the node script and restart. same goes for the chat service users, if you notice this, send me a PM here or on my site and i will reset it. i'm looking into automating a restart on the chat service via a cron job once a week or so, to help avoid this issue.

On 1/14/2018 at 7:08 AM, TheJackal84 said:

Are we ever going to get a fix for downloads Plus? It's been nearly 2 months now

it will be released on monday, the issue seems to be if you are using htaccess or equivilant to rewrite the url to remove the index.php.

On 2/13/2018 at 10:57 PM, JTrollerb123 said:

Hi, is there a demo available for the CJ menu out there?  If so a link would be great

Thanks

yes, my site uses cj menu. https://codingjungle.com

Edited by CodingJungle
5 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

it will be released on monday, the issue seems to be if you are using htaccess or equivilant to rewrite the url to remove the index.php.

You also need to edit the hook settings on line 318 from

\IPS\Output::i()->redirect( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( 'app=downloads&module=settings&controller=settings&do=mailer' ),

to

\IPS\Output::i()->redirect( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( 'app=downloads&module=downloads&controller=settings&do=mailer' ),

line 341 from

\IPS\Http\Url::internal( "app=downloads&module=settings&controller=settings&do=mailerSend&id=" . intval(

to

\IPS\Http\Url::internal( "app=downloads&module=downloads&controller=settings&do=mailerSend&id=" . intval(

line 383 from

\IPS\Output::i()->redirect( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( 'app=downloads&module=settings&controller=settings&do=mailer' ), 'bm_sparkpost_sent' );

to

\IPS\Output::i()->redirect( \IPS\Http\Url::internal( 'app=downloads&module=downloads&controller=settings&do=mailer' ), 'bm_sparkpost_sent' );

as it is not directing to the correct modules

Just on the chat issue...

The main problem our members are having is that the Online Users is constantly showing a number of people who are not really in the chat room

I have embedded the chat at the bottom of every page, and it seemed to start after this.

It's as if any member browsing the page is automatically logged into the chat room - so what we end up with is most of the people appearing to be in the room are not really.

It would be great if I could find a solution to this.  It's making the chat not really attractive for our members, since they never know if anyone is really there.

1 hour ago, Stormlilly said:

Just on the chat issue...

The main problem our members are having is that the Online Users is constantly showing a number of people who are not really in the chat room

I have embedded the chat at the bottom of every page, and it seemed to start after this.

It's as if any member browsing the page is automatically logged into the chat room - so what we end up with is most of the people appearing to be in the room are not really.

It would be great if I could find a solution to this.  It's making the chat not really attractive for our members, since they never know if anyone is really there.

well they are technically there, they just don't realize they are there or not noticing it. you can disable the online list for the widget, it wont add them to the room's online list (this is one of the reasons why the widget room exists, but doesn't show up for the room lists).

8 minutes ago, Unlucky said:

Hi,

I have this user who has reported the following. What do I need to do?

"Hi admin, please help!!!

I seem to be permanently logged into the chatroom. I don't know why this keeps happening to me.

Kelly"

tell them to not to have multiple tabs open to the same room (as this and rapid connect/disconnects are also what is causing it). if it happens, let me know which server it is on (its best to contact me on my site for that, as i get instant notifications from my server on my phone, here they can take awhile to come thru on my mai).

On 2/22/2018 at 8:34 AM, kmk said:

If I have Babble Chat Service, the data(conversation history and file,maybe other more, video, voice note...) will be stored permanently in where?

What exactly mean the function Archive?

all messages/files/images/etc are stored on your server, the chat service only facilitates the sending/receiving of messages, i don't store any of them.

as for archives, just as they sound, only x amount of messages show when you go to the chat room, the archive is a way to view older messages and to search for them.

On 18/02/2018 at 4:01 AM, CodingJungle said:

Whaty monday you talking about? I take it not the one after you posted this post as that would of been 6 days ago, This is over 3 months now too be honest I am not happy with it at all especially when I have to make the fixes myself as it takes up time I currently don't have

Edited by TheJackal84
19 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Whaty monday you talking about? I take it not the one after you posted this post as that would of been 6 days ago, This is over 3 months now too be honest I am not happy with it at all especially when I have to make the fixes myself as it takes up time I currently don't have

as i mentioned, its been extremely busy lately. like today got called in on emergency at work (7 am yesterday), its now 5:30am and just got home a little bit ago. the update has been posted.

1 hour ago, CodingJungle said:

tell them to not to have multiple tabs open to the same room (as this and rapid connect/disconnects are also what is causing it). if it happens, let me know which server it is on (its best to contact me on my site for that, as i get instant notifications from my server on my phone, here they can take awhile to come thru on my mai).

It's happening when they are not even on the site.

Other uses have reported shes logged in when shes not online.

2 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

all messages/files/images/etc are stored on your server, the chat service only facilitates the sending/receiving of messages, i don't store any of them.

as for archives, just as they sound, only x amount of messages show when you go to the chat room, 

So, this scene will demand CIC contain some requirements? disk space, etc.

additionally I have discovered that the new dplus is flooding my error log with issues.

Template store key: template_10_69f1bc61d56d3988327214c34fd2997b_reviews missing (dplus, front, reviews)

/home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(800): IPS\_Log::log('Template store ...', 'template_store_...')
#1 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(1160): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('reviews', 'dplus', 'front')
#2 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_downloads_front_view->reviews(Object(IPS\downloads\File))
#3 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/applications/downloads/sources/File/File.php(771): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('reviews', Array)
#4 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/applications/downloads/modules/front/downloads/view.php(77): IPS\downloads\_File->commentReviews('reviews')
#5 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\downloads\modules\front\downloads\_view->manage()
#6 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/applications/downloads/modules/front/downloads/view.php(60): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\downloads\modules\front\downloads\_view->execute()
#9 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

My Experience with Three Chat Providers, and why BABBLE is the BEST

ArrowChat (2 stars):  Honestly, I was VERY happy with ArrowChat and all the features and integration that it offered.  As it grew in popularity, it became too much strain on my VPS, so I enrolled in their push service.  That went fine for awhile, until I changed my site from HTTP to HTTPS, and ArrowChat works as HTTP by default.  Changing the push service to HTTPS then counted ever message as TWO messages.  Ridiculous, since every competitor I’ve come across is, by default, HTTPS.  Soon, I was up to $100 per month for the push service on my free site.  Even with the push service, ArrowChat was still very resource intensive.  I found the ChatWee plugin here and decided to test it.

ChatWee (0 Stars): At $29 per month for their integration, which includes the push service since they are completely software as a service, it was attractive.  I ran ArrowChat and ChatWee side-by-side and sought member opinions.  As expected, opinions were mixed.  I felt the plugin had many shortcomings but that they could easily be overcome if the author was willing to put a little work into the plugin.  You can run ChatWee free and without integration, but then it is just a chat system that really has nothing to do with your site and everyone can be whoever they wish to be.  But, even with the integration, it is too featureless.  You can not control which member groups have access to the chat.  Given the way that Invision handles Banned members, all members that can log on to the site can chat.  So members that have no access to the site, and even unvalidated guest-to-member members could chat.

I sent a long message to the owner and detailed out how the plugin could be enhanced for out community, making it a more viable option: Access control, Profile viewing, Static Rooms, and other ideas.  I asked for thoughts from him and if he thought it would be possible.  Did he have someone that could re-write the plugin to make some value-added changes?  Absolutely no response.  Followed up.  No response.  Because of this, I began looking at Babble and was running it as a trial.

About a week ago, ChatWee made changes to their core program and look.  There was no notice to subscribers that the changes were coming or when.  All of a sudden I began getting a large number of support tickets.  All members were getting was a Chatwee API error rather than my site!  It eventually even affected my Admin account AND the ACP.  Disabling the Plugin, all returned to normal.  Re-enabling it, crashes.  After hours of work trying to understand what was happening, I disabled it and uninstalled it completely.  The NEXT DAY, I received a ChatWee email telling me all about their latest upgrades and changes hoping I was enjoying them!  Clearly they had no idea what their changes did to the integrations.

Babble (5+ Stars):  What can I say other than AMAZING!  I seriously don’t know how I missed it or didn’t look further into it.  I think that I thought it was more of a Shoutbox than a Chat to begin with, so I passed by it.  Besides the app itself, I’ve never met an author that has been so willing to help and so easy to deal with.  Michael is pretty amazing, and what he has planned for the next release looks incredible!  Along with all that, the service blends perfectly into the site.  It feels a part of it, like it truly belongs.  Members are getting used to it.  The navigation is not as smooth as the prior two regarding rooms, but I believe the next release takes that in to account.  At the verge of literally removing chat from my site, Babble saved me.  It’s affordable, it works, it has excellent and responsive support.

This is all MY opinion and experience.  I have no doubt that others have had other experiences.  If you want chat, you want it integrated well, and you don’t want to drain your finances, then you need Babble!

6 hours ago, SJ77 said:

It's great that there is a new downloads plus

I cannot for the life of me figure out where someone is supposed to add a custom banner to their store.

Can you help?

Thank you :)

Its in the same location where they can change the store name (account settings-> Other settings-> change store settings

4 hours ago, SJ77 said:

additionally I have discovered that the new dplus is flooding my error log with issues.

Template store key: template_10_69f1bc61d56d3988327214c34fd2997b_reviews missing (dplus, front, reviews)

/home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(800): IPS\_Log::log('Template store ...', 'template_store_...')
#1 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Theme/Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code(1160): IPS\_Theme->getTemplate('reviews', 'dplus', 'front')
#2 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(56): IPS\Theme\class_downloads_front_view->reviews(Object(IPS\downloads\File))
#3 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/applications/downloads/sources/File/File.php(771): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('reviews', Array)
#4 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/applications/downloads/modules/front/downloads/view.php(77): IPS\downloads\_File->commentReviews('reviews')
#5 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\downloads\modules\front\downloads\_view->manage()
#6 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Content/Controller.php(50): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/applications/downloads/modules/front/downloads/view.php(60): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\downloads\modules\front\downloads\_view->execute()
#9 /home/admin/web/.org/public_html/forum/index.php(12): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

i'm not showing this for my site or my dev, i think this usually means the template cache is out of date. try running the support tool to clear the caches. let me know if it persists.

1 hour ago, SMen said:

My Experience with Three Chat Providers, and why BABBLE is the BEST

ArrowChat (2 stars):  Honestly, I was VERY happy with ArrowChat and all the features and integration that it offered.  As it grew in popularity, it became too much strain on my VPS, so I enrolled in their push service.  That went fine for awhile, until I changed my site from HTTP to HTTPS, and ArrowChat works as HTTP by default.  Changing the push service to HTTPS then counted ever message as TWO messages.  Ridiculous, since every competitor I’ve come across is, by default, HTTPS.  Soon, I was up to $100 per month for the push service on my free site.  Even with the push service, ArrowChat was still very resource intensive.  I found the ChatWee plugin here and decided to test it.

ChatWee (0 Stars): At $29 per month for their integration, which includes the push service since they are completely software as a service, it was attractive.  I ran ArrowChat and ChatWee side-by-side and sought member opinions.  As expected, opinions were mixed.  I felt the plugin had many shortcomings but that they could easily be overcome if the author was willing to put a little work into the plugin.  You can run ChatWee free and without integration, but then it is just a chat system that really has nothing to do with your site and everyone can be whoever they wish to be.  But, even with the integration, it is too featureless.  You can not control which member groups have access to the chat.  Given the way that Invision handles Banned members, all members that can log on to the site can chat.  So members that have no access to the site, and even unvalidated guest-to-member members could chat.

I sent a long message to the owner and detailed out how the plugin could be enhanced for out community, making it a more viable option: Access control, Profile viewing, Static Rooms, and other ideas.  I asked for thoughts from him and if he thought it would be possible.  Did he have someone that could re-write the plugin to make some value-added changes?  Absolutely no response.  Followed up.  No response.  Because of this, I began looking at Babble and was running it as a trial.

About a week ago, ChatWee made changes to their core program and look.  There was no notice to subscribers that the changes were coming or when.  All of a sudden I began getting a large number of support tickets.  All members were getting was a Chatwee API error rather than my site!  It eventually even affected my Admin account AND the ACP.  Disabling the Plugin, all returned to normal.  Re-enabling it, crashes.  After hours of work trying to understand what was happening, I disabled it and uninstalled it completely.  The NEXT DAY, I received a ChatWee email telling me all about their latest upgrades and changes hoping I was enjoying them!  Clearly they had no idea what their changes did to the integrations.

Babble (5+ Stars):  What can I say other than AMAZING!  I seriously don’t know how I missed it or didn’t look further into it.  I think that I thought it was more of a Shoutbox than a Chat to begin with, so I passed by it.  Besides the app itself, I’ve never met an author that has been so willing to help and so easy to deal with.  Michael is pretty amazing, and what he has planned for the next release looks incredible!  Along with all that, the service blends perfectly into the site.  It feels a part of it, like it truly belongs.  Members are getting used to it.  The navigation is not as smooth as the prior two regarding rooms, but I believe the next release takes that in to account.  At the verge of literally removing chat from my site, Babble saved me.  It’s affordable, it works, it has excellent and responsive support.

This is all MY opinion and experience.  I have no doubt that others have had other experiences.  If you want chat, you want it integrated well, and you don’t want to drain your finances, then you need Babble!

thanks for the kind words, i appreciate all feedback (positive or negative, but i prefer constructive :) ). if you have any ideas for the next version let me know, i am always opened to them :)

1 hour ago, CodingJungle said:

thanks for the kind words, i appreciate all feedback (positive or negative, but i prefer constructive :) ). if you have any ideas for the next version let me know, i am always opened to them :)

My post was an endorsement, in hopes that others looking for a chat solution won't have to experience the pain that I have.

I have some constructive feedback from my members, perhaps more wish-list items! :)

1.  Ability to resize the chat window/interface when it is popped out.

2.  Ability to be in more than one room at a time and easily switch to see messages between them.

Thanks for all you do!

On ‎22‎.‎02‎.‎2018 at 8:41 AM, Stormlilly said:

I'm having the same problem and reported this above.

As one of the "early purchasers" after the IPS has shut down, there weren't any problems in the beginning of the app. But since several upgrades the count shows a false number and the online members in the chat online list is wrong. It shows users not in the room and even banned members...

Please repair this problem. Shutting the chat on/off multiple times a day (I think this was recommended as a workaround anywhere) is not a suited alternative. The online list must always properly check the current chatters (and beyond that imho, the anonymous chatters, too, but we already discussed about it as an option request).

I get a lot of user feedback concerning this problem.

Thanks for helping.