CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

2 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

4.3 is in beta, i don't support the beta releases.

oh no.. I think it might be a good idea to get download plus working sooner than later.  I doubt much will be changing from beta to final release.  I need download plus ready to go when 4.3 launches. Are you able to help?

Thank you :)

1 minute ago, SJ77 said:

oh no.. I think it might be a good idea to get download plus working sooner than later.  I doubt much will be changing from beta to final release.  I need download plus ready to go when 4.3 launches. Are you able to help?

with no time table from IPS when 4.3 will go from beta to finale (it really seems to be on a cats meow when they make that decision), i myself can't be certain if downloads plus will be available for the release of it (as i haven't even upgrade my development boards to 4.3, as i'm still working on apps for clients that are still in 4.2.7/8).

It has also been in my experience, that i have had things working in beta 1 of a new release, only for it to go to finale and the app does not work or malfunctions on the last beta or the finale (so its usually not worth the time to get it working on the alpha's or the early beta's). so i usually wait till the finale is available before releasing anyway (due to the changes that i've seen happen from say like beta 8 with the next release being finale and my app not working or malfunctioning between to those 2 releases).

6 hours ago, Unlucky said:

How do I get to that section?

Thanks

ACP->Members->Staff->Administrators

4 hours ago, slushpuppeh said:

Are there any plans to fix proxy class generation for Storm in 4.2?

you will have to be more specific, i just ran the proxyclass generator ins 4.2.8 in storm and it worked without any issues.

13 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

ACP->Members->Staff->Administrators

you will have to be more specific, i just ran the proxyclass generator ins 4.2.8 in storm and it worked without any issues.

Thanks for the reply. Yes the class files are generated but methods are omitted.. so phpstorm doesn't recognize any methods to be called from the objects. This is a sample output using both your debug and main builds

class Topic extends _Topic{
public $tid = '';
public $title = '';
public $state = '';
public $posts = '';
public $starter_id = '';
public $start_date = '';
public $last_poster_id = '';
public $last_post = '';
public $starter_name = '';
public $last_poster_name = '';
public $poll_state = '';
public $last_vote = '';
public $views = '';
public $forum_id = '';
public $approved = '';
public $author_mode = '';
public $pinned = '';
public $moved_to = '';
public $topic_firstpost = '';
public $topic_queuedposts = '';
public $topic_open_time = '';
public $topic_close_time = '';
public $topic_rating_total = '';
public $topic_rating_hits = '';
public $title_seo = '';
public $moved_on = '';
public $topic_archive_status = '';
public $last_real_post = '';
public $topic_answered_pid = '';
public $popular_time = '';
public $featured = '';
public $question_rating = '';
public $topic_hiddenposts = '';
public $topic_meta_data = '';

}

its a proxy class it doesn't copy over the methods.  the properties it creates are DB fields so when you reference them in your code like $this->title_seo it doesn't mark it as a warning and say property is generated dynamically.  so since it's a proxy, it extends the realclass the one with the _ in front of it, it should read the methods that are inherited by the proxy.

this video shows both the generated properties for the proxy class being used (the ones created for IPS\Settings) and the class methods being inherited to the proxy class for \IPS\forums\Forum from \IPS\forums\_Forums as well as it finding \IPS\Db and \IPS\Helpers\Table\Db. so it might be a configuration problem with your phpstorm, as i use phpstorm and it works as intended.

On 3/20/2018 at 3:24 PM, SJ77 said:

loaded up 4.3 tonight, and installed dplus, it seems to be the only problem with it was they change \IPS\Content\ReportCenter interface to a \IPS\Content\Reportable trait. changed that, all seems to be working now.

On 22/03/2018 at 6:06 AM, CodingJungle said:

loaded up 4.3 tonight, and installed dplus, it seems to be the only problem with it was they change \IPS\Content\ReportCenter interface to a \IPS\Content\Reportable trait. changed that, all seems to be working now.

Only testing upgrading the localhost from 4.2 - 4.3 I am getting errors on dPlus on the questions.

In dev mode it throws

Method IPS\dplus\Questions\Answers::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Error: Undefined constant 'IPS\HTMLENTITIES'

out of dev its a white page

Fatal error: Method IPS\dplus\Questions\Answers::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Error: Undefined constant 'IPS\HTMLENTITIES' in C:\xampp\htdocs\ips43\system\Theme\Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code on line 0

that is just opening the questions tab

Seems to be in sources/questions/answers on line 70

public function get_ans(){
        $answer = $this->_data['answer'];
        $length = 100;
        $file = $this->parentage()->parentage();
        $url = $file->url()->setQueryString(['do' => 'readMoreAnswer', 'aid' => $this->id ] );
        return htmlspecialchars( mb_substr( html_entity_decode( $answer ), 0, $length ), ENT_QUOTES | \IPS\HTMLENTITIES, 'UTF-8', FALSE ) . ( ( mb_strlen( html_entity_decode( $answer ) ) > $length ) ? "<a href='#' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-url='{$url}'> ...Read More</a>" : '' );
    }

when replacing the return with

return ''.mb_substr( $answer, $limit ).'<a href="'.$url.'" data-ipsDialog> ...Read More</a>';

it works fine

Edited by TheJackal84
11 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Only testing upgrading the localhost from 4.2 - 4.3 I am getting errors on dPlus on the questions.

In dev mode it throws

Method IPS\dplus\Questions\Answers::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Error: Undefined constant 'IPS\HTMLENTITIES'

out of dev its a white page

Fatal error: Method IPS\dplus\Questions\Answers::__toString() must not throw an exception, caught Error: Undefined constant 'IPS\HTMLENTITIES' in C:\xampp\htdocs\ips43\system\Theme\Theme.php(824) : eval()'d code on line 0

that is just opening the questions tab

Seems to be in sources/questions/answers on line 70

public function get_ans(){
        $answer = $this->_data['answer'];
        $length = 100;
        $file = $this->parentage()->parentage();
        $url = $file->url()->setQueryString(['do' => 'readMoreAnswer', 'aid' => $this->id ] );
        return htmlspecialchars( mb_substr( html_entity_decode( $answer ), 0, $length ), ENT_QUOTES | \IPS\HTMLENTITIES, 'UTF-8', FALSE ) . ( ( mb_strlen( html_entity_decode( $answer ) ) > $length ) ? "<a href='#' data-ipsDialog data-ipsDialog-url='{$url}'> ...Read More</a>" : '' );
    }

when replacing the return with

return ''.mb_substr( $answer, $limit ).'<a href="'.$url.'" data-ipsDialog> ...Read More</a>';

it works fine

they use to have this in init.php:

'HTMLENTITIES' => ( version_compare( phpversion(), '5.4.0', '<' ) ) ? ENT_IGNORE : ENT_DISALLOWED,

i guess they are clearing out the code for php 5.3 work around's they had in there for 4.0 when it was php 5.3+

Just now, CodingJungle said:

they use to have this in init.php:

'HTMLENTITIES' => ( version_compare( phpversion(), '5.4.0', '<' ) ) ? ENT_IGNORE : ENT_DISALLOWED,

i guess they are clearing out the code for php 5.3 work around's they had in there for 4.0 when it was php 5.3+

Would be nice to see a list of changes / whats removed instead of us finding out the hard way lol. Hope that helps anyway when you start on the update, I have not come across any other errors with it while I been testing my dev board upgrade to 4.3 on localhost. And I still think this is the best app, I would not like to see my downloads pages without it, If anyone is thinking of buying it STOP THINKING and get it, its worth 4x the price

6 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

its worth 4x the price

you can buy it multiple times ya know ? 

Support tab will also explode cause of the ReportCenter being moved from a interface to a trait (which i think is called Reportable).  that is what i've ran into mostly with my apps, is the reportcenter thing. on babble, emojis don't work at all, but that is just a matter of updating the code that handles it (as the JS and text parsing stuff has changed a bit).

Keyword Tooltip - only set the keywords menu to be visible to admins, only set the keywords member groups to be visible to administrators.

added a tooltip and logged out and as a guest could see the tooltip in the activity stream!!!! and could click on it and was taken to the keywords page. This shouldn't happen!

2nd problem - keywords didn't actually work. i added one keyword, then went to a forum post and found that word and nothing. I checked that i had tooltips selected only for Topics which was what i was in. can you please fix.

I am running IPS 4.2

17 hours ago, jp said:

Keywords Tooltips - how can i have an editor when writing the tooltip content/description? and add pictures etc

like the editor you have when you post in forums etc, 

there is no option for this, as a lot of people wanted a way to put in html/js (for ads ), the editor doesn't allow this. so a codemirror is what is used. you can use bbc code here if you don't want to use HTML. I don't see this changing anytime in the future.

17 hours ago, jp said:

Keyword Tooltip - only set the keywords menu to be visible to admins, only set the keywords member groups to be visible to administrators.

added a tooltip and logged out and as a guest could see the tooltip in the activity stream!!!! and could click on it and was taken to the keywords page. This shouldn't happen!

i'm not sure i follow? keywords don't parse on the activity stream. if you mean the record is showing for the kw, that will be fixed in the next version as i'm removing it from activity streams.

17 hours ago, jp said:

2nd problem - keywords didn't actually work. i added one keyword, then went to a forum post and found that word and nothing. I checked that i had tooltips selected only for Topics which was what i was in. can you please fix.

check your group settings, there is a "keywords" tab, keywords don't parse by default, you have to give the group the ability to see them being parsed (showing up in a topic).

5 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

there is no option for this, as a lot of people wanted a way to put in html/js (for ads ), the editor doesn't allow this. so a codemirror is what is used. you can use bbc code here if you don't want to use HTML. I don't see this changing anytime in the future.

that is unbelievable, so you're saying that you made this app for people to put ads in tooltips! What about normal people that want to use it for actual tooltips! I want to write a page for each tooltip and currently not having an editor makes this app useless. if i had known I wouldn't have bought the app, especially considering it is one of the most expensive on the marketplace ?

i'm not sure i follow? keywords don't parse on the activity stream. if you mean the record is showing for the kw, that will be fixed in the next version as i'm removing it from activity streams.

well in my activity stream there was a entry for the new keyword i had just created for all the world to see, guests etc. i had it set that only Administrators could see the menu to the keywords app and also that no member groups could view keywords apart from administrators yet it was still visible in the activity stream and you could click on it and be taken to the keyword page when you shouldn't be able to see it as it should only be administrators.

check your group settings, there is a "keywords" tab, keywords don't parse by default, you have to give the group the ability to see them being parsed (showing up in a topic).

yes i forgot to mention that i did turn keywords on in all member groups as well, still no luck. 

Edited by jp
  • 2 weeks later...