Who Was Online

This Who's Online plugin was supposed to be the old one on IPB3:

Users active in the past 15 minutes:

And then a list of users who logged into the forum on that day:

Your plug-in does not do this, although with some minor changes it might have the form I highlighted above!

1 hour ago, donpetru said:

This Who's Online plugin was supposed to be the old one on IPB3:

Users active in the past 15 minutes:

And then a list of users who logged into the forum on that day:

Your plug-in does not do this, although with some minor changes it might have the form I highlighted above!

Are you referring to stats ? If so yeah it's there in settings trying make sure same taking same info so make sure giving correct details.

4 minutes ago, donpetru said:

I understand, you will update it after finishing. Can you estimate a "date" when you complete it?

yeah when finished all the configurations and make sure looks and works in all areas be upload here and then you can upload it to your site but before can do all that just need simple answer to my question lol. 

Sorry, I missed your last question.

Initially I had the impression that Online in the Last (X Mins) or in the past (X Mins) is the same thing !!! 

So, I would like version, for example, a user disconnect at 1:00 PM. After that, it will be displayed in the list for no more than X minutes, so after "sign out". How do we say it in the last X minutes. Is this name ok? 

LATER EDIT: However, the list will need to highlight connected users and only those disconnected no more than X minutes after disconnection. And of course statistics with all users who logged in that day.

On the other hand, I was also thinking of displaying connected users for X minutes, but if users stay connected for more than X minutes. So, this second option is pointless. LATER EDIT 2: This second option seems to work in the current version of Who is online, developed by you, but it is useless.

But how did you think: Online in the Last (X Mins) or in the past (X Mins) ?

Edited by donpetru
37 minutes ago, donpetru said:

Sorry, I missed your last question.

Initially I had the impression that Online in the Last (X Mins) or in the past (X Mins) is the same thing !!! 

So, I would like version, for example, a user disconnect at 1:00 PM. After that, it will be displayed in the list for no more than X minutes, so after "sign out". How do we say it in the last X minutes. Is this name ok? 

LATER EDIT: However, the list will need to highlight connected users and only those disconnected no more than X minutes after disconnection. And of course statistics with all users who logged in that day.

On the other hand, I was also thinking of displaying connected users for X minutes, but if users stay connected for more than X minutes. So, this second option is pointless. LATER EDIT 2: This second option seems to work in the current version of Who is online, developed by you, but it is useless.

But how did you think: Online in the Last (X Mins) or in the past (X Mins) ?

Now your confusing me lol that very easy to do when late and run out red bull, ok so currently widget here just cut off after 1 hour min you could display and highest was 24 hours, this would display the members been online during that period so example if had settings was 1 hour and user sign off and after that period will not display on the widget.

The new version that working on at moment will do this so now can choose min of 1 min current off to max 60 mins cut off but will still display the amount people that has been only in stats *Note in new version tweaking the stats little at moment.

When asking my question about Online in the Last (X Mins or in the past (X Mins) this about the lang string that displays at the top.

1.0.2 - New update.

Keeps track of the number of registered members that have visited your site in a custom duration and also records which day you set the record for the most members online in the same day all options done via the front settings and Admin CP.

Features

Show online users for how many mins ago. NEW
Who Can See.
Show Stat.
Limit Maximum Number of The List.
Groups To Exclude From the Link.
Order Users Link By.
Sort Type.
Show user photo. NEW

You did not understand me. There must be a list of users who have logged in daily, whether or not they are logged in at one time.

In the picture posted as an example of me, the message (framed in red) is displayed if there were no users connected that day. But if they are, you'll need to have a list, a history.

So, a daily history has to be kept, which the new update plugin does not contain.

Hi,

Thanks for the update! I know it's free but a few suggestions below...

The photos only option look great but a bit small, perhaps add a size option for small/medium size photos?

Also just another suggestion, perhaps you could have an option to show their name next to or underneath photo as well?

This has now been made show member x mins not by hours, also option in Admin CP show user photo on/off.

I'm a bit confused, why has it switched from hours to minutes? I set it to 1440 minutes to list all members who have been online today realising 24hrs can cover yesterday also!), it makes sense for under an hour or two, but it looks really weird saying 1440 minutes on the front end instead of 24 hours or today. If a member doesn't know there are 1440 minutes in 24hrs, it would be confusing for them.

The widget title becomes too long if you enable Show Stat:

WHO WAS ONLINE  5 USERS WERE ONLINE IN THE LAST 1440 MINS   (MOST MEMBERS EVER ONLINE WAS 6, LAST ACCOMPLISHED ON 9 HOURS AGO.)

which got me thinking, perhaps an option to show the stat inside a matching widget footer?

Anyway, nice plug-in!

9 hours ago, donpetru said:

You did not understand me. There must be a list of users who have logged in daily, whether or not they are logged in at one time.

In the picture posted as an example of me, the message (framed in red) is displayed if there were no users connected that day. But if they are, you'll need to have a list, a history.

So, a daily history has to be kept, which the new update plugin does not contain.

Will tweak it little more see how get showing correctly.

6 hours ago, fix3r said:

can you please center the content in the block ?

999828245_ScreenShot2018-11-18at10_31_19AM.thumb.png.2d70238be6249ddf492f454a65796214.png

will take look this once finished tweaking.

4 hours ago, The Old Man said:

Hi,

Thanks for the update! I know it's free but a few suggestions below...

The photos only option look great but a bit small, perhaps add a size option for small/medium size photos?

Also just another suggestion, perhaps you could have an option to show their name next to or underneath photo as well?

I'm a bit confused, why has it switched from hours to minutes? I set it to 1440 minutes to list all members who have been online today realising 24hrs can cover yesterday also!), it makes sense for under an hour or two, but it looks really weird saying 1440 minutes on the front end instead of 24 hours or today. If a member doesn't know there are 1440 minutes in 24hrs, it would be confusing for them.

The widget title becomes too long if you enable Show Stat:

which got me thinking, perhaps an option to show the stat inside a matching widget footer?

Anyway, nice plug-in!

The photo size coming soon 🙂 not sure yet how display name with photo but take look few templates that use this setup.

The stats i looking moving around as like you said its little long in size so might get few mock up done then display them get little feedback.

Yeah the mins has got little confusing if set it longer then 60 mins but i middle re tweaking this.

I like thank you all quick feedback you all provided 🙂 

8 hours ago, Pete T said:

Will tweak it little more see how get showing correctly.

@Pete, eventually will follow another update?! If so, then it's good news.

12 hours ago, The Old Man said:

@The Old Man, take a look at the image posted by me a few postings ago. I have proposed that the final version of the plugin be the original version of IPB3. So, the final version will have two sections:
1) a field with users logged in the last X minutes in the forum + general statistics (usually 15 minutes are used);
2) a statistic with users who logged on that day will be displayed

Point 2 is working, from what Pete told us. So, I think there will be a new update after tweaking.