Custom Notifications - Supporttopic

Great, I wrote about such a plugin in another thread! :)

Some questions and some inspirations for ongoing development:

• Is it configurable in the profile notifications settings page? Can people set the option to be informed via E-Mail about this notification. Or are they informed via standard settings. What is the mechanism?
  • Is there the standard sign in the suite header ("number on the bell with new unread notifications") when logged in, that there are new notifications?
  • For a future release: Is it possible to bump up special notifications. I mean that they stay on top until the link has been clicked at least once/notification read and forwarded to further description page via link...
  • Also for future release: Maybe a counter how many users clicked the notification...
1 hour ago, Cyboman said:

Is it configurable in the profile notifications settings page? Can people set the option to be informed via E-Mail about this notification. Or are they informed via standard settings. What is the mechanism?

No, it's not configurable and the reason why I decided to do it this way is really simple: My admin notifications shouldn't have an opt-out feature.. Every receiver should get them and if you want to send them an email, use the bulk email feature;)

Is there the standard sign in the suite header (

This application is using the default ips4 notifications feature. It looks like every other notification.

For a future release: Is it possible to bump up special notifications. I mean that they stay on top until the link has been clicked at least once/notification read and forwarded to further description page via link...

Also for future release: Maybe a counter how many users clicked the notification...

Both points aren't possible with IPS4. I'll see what I can do.

Edited by fosters
  • 4 weeks later...
On 25.12.2016 at 4:38 AM, The Dark Wizard said:

@fosters

As of the latest version of IPS and this application, background tasks for custom notifications get stuck on 0.11% when ever I send one out. I have to manually kill the background process in the database if I want any of the other regular processes queued up to go through.

I can't reproduce this. Could you please send me credentials to your ACP please?

On 1.1.2017 at 2:08 PM, Safety1st said:

It seems there is no lang keys notifications__customnotifications_Customnotification и notifications__Customnotification for that page or they just misspelled…

custom_no.JPG

Thx, fixed for the next release.
It's not missing, this part shouldn't be visible in the ACP.

On 12/25/2016 at 4:38 AM, The Dark Wizard said:

@fosters

As of the latest version of IPS and this application, background tasks for custom notifications get stuck on 0.11% when ever I send one out. I have to manually kill the background process in the database if I want any of the other regular processes queued up to go through.

This may be related: I have this in my admin dashboard:

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 14.20.44.png

Any solution on how to fix this? I have a cron job running for background tasks.

Just now, Donkerrood said:

This may be related: I have this in my admin dashboard:

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 14.20.44.png

Any solution on how to fix this? I have a cron job running for background tasks.

What happens when you click on "manually run them now" ?
How many receivers does the notification have?

9 minutes ago, Donkerrood said:

It got stuck after I sent a notification to myself for testing. I have one sent out now for testing to all my members.

I have also the 'quizzes' app installed from Adriano. It does show this in the custom notifications settings. Not sure what it means though.

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 14.26.13.png

See PM :)

22 minutes ago, Donkerrood said:

It got stuck after I sent a notification to myself for testing. I have one sent out now for testing to all my members.

I have also the 'quizzes' app installed from Adriano. It does show this in the custom notifications settings. Not sure what it means though.

Screen Shot 2017-01-08 at 14.26.13.png

Thx, this was a bug which was fixed in the last release ( https://invisionpower.com/files/file/8388-custom-notifications/?changelog=13714 ) but my fix wasn't retroactive. I have fixed this for you:)

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Janyour said:

hello, whats the service used by ips to send notifications ? onesignal ?

This isn't for push notifications to your smartphone.

This application will allow you to create and send custom IPS4 notifications via your ACP to your members.

notif.png

• 2 months later...

Hello @fosters i found 2 issues with your app.

The first one is a minor. If the Taks is set o be run with cron, it will not work. If you then run manually or the task is set to run with traffic, it works.

The second one can be a major issue. When i create a new custom notification i get the following error:

UPDATE `ibf_customnotifications_notifications` customnotifications_notifications  SET `options`='{"core_Group":{"groups":null},"core_Joined":{"range":{"start":{"date":"2012-01-01 00:00:00.000000","timezone_type":3,"timezone":"Europe\/Lisbon"},"end":{"date":"2017-04-30 23:59:59.000000","timezone_type":3,"timezone":"Europe\/Lisbon"}}},"core_Lastvisit":{"range":{"start":{"date":"2017-01-01 00:00:00.000000","timezone_type":3,"timezone":"Europe\/Lisbon"},"end":{"date":"2017-04-30 23:59:59.000000","timezone_type":3,"timezone":"Europe\/Lisbon"}}}}',`id`=1,`url`=NULL,`notification_author`=NULL WHERE id=1 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'notification_author' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(991): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(493): IPS\_Db->update('`ibf_customnoti...', '`options`=?,`id...', 'WHERE id=?')
#2 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2015): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2692): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(383): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/admin/web/public_html/applications/customnotifications/modules/admin/notifications/notifications.php(32): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\customnotifications\modules\admin\notifications\_notifications->execute()
#9 /home/admin/web/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

The custom notification is added anyway and it will work if i send it.

What is worst is if i add a link to the notification. I will get the following error and the notification will be saved without the link. This means the app is not working with links.

UPDATE `ibf_customnotifications_notifications` customnotifications_notifications  SET `options`='{"core_Group":{"groups":null},"core_Joined":{"range":{"start":null,"end":null}},"core_Lastvisit":{"range":{"start":null,"end":null}}}',`id`=5,`url`=(IPS\Http\Url::__set_state(array(
   'url' => 'https://www.google.pt/',
   'data' => 
  array (
    'scheme' => 'https',
    'host' => 'www.google.pt',
    'port' => NULL,
    'user' => NULL,
    'pass' => NULL,
    'path' => '/',
    'query' => '',
    'fragment' => NULL,
  ),
   'queryString' => 
  array (
  ),
   'hiddenQueryString' => 
  array (
  ),
   'isInternal' => false,
   'isFriendly' => false,
))),`notification_author`=NULL,`bf_options`=2 WHERE id=5 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'notification_author' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(991): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(493): IPS\_Db->update('`ibf_customnoti...', '`options`=?,`id...', 'WHERE id=?')
#2 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2015): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2692): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(383): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(86): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/admin/web/public_html/applications/customnotifications/modules/admin/notifications/notifications.php(32): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/admin/web/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\customnotifications\modules\admin\notifications\_notifications->execute()
#9 /home/admin/web/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}