Custom Notifications - Supporttopic

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 7:58 PM, optrexnz said:

This could be something I would be interested in for moderation notifications.

Your post xx has been moved by a moderator, because yy
Your post xx has been hidden by a moderator, because yy

Is this possible ?

This is for custom notifications you push manually, not for automatic notifications.

You'll want something like this:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2021 at 1:26 PM, Fosters said:

I've just finished the inactive members app, I'll update this one this week.

Glad to see you're back!  Can't wait for this to be updated.  It's such an essential tool for my community and we've definitely noticed a difference without it.

• 4 weeks later...

The notification I received of the update almost made me jump up and down.  I'm so HAPPY to have this application back!  Downloading it as we speak to fully test it out.  

Update:  I am back after some extensive testing with the filter options.  Most of my tests went through without issue which is amazing, but there were a couple that didn't work as intended.  I'll be posting my results below for the ones that didn't work.  Please let me know if it's because I did something wrong or if the filter option isn't working correctly.

-----------------

Test #1 
Filters: I selected all of our administrator and moderator groups with the "Groups" filter option.  All other options left at default. 
c2c2c1dd019c28093871859f318e95dd.png
Results: It says it sent to 21 users, but none of those 21 that should have received it did.  However, I tested this again after some other tests and they did receive it, so I'm not sure if that was a one-time hiccup or what.  I'll let you know if it happens again.

Test #2 
Filters: I selected Administrators & Moderators with the "Member Type" filter option.  All other options left at default.
24fa4a7739445267091df906b32c712f.png
Results: It sent the notification to everyone in the default new member group assigned after registration.  (Currently 13,650 users are in that group.)  The admins and mods did not receive the notification.  I deleted the test after taking the screenshot so it would not be sitting in their notification list.

Test #5
Filters: I selected a subscription option with the "Member has purchased a Subscription" filter and checked that it only counted expired subscriptions from any time.  All other options left at default.
32218a4febb1086d83181f9cc430a33b.png
Results: It once again sent the notification to everyone in the default new member group assigned after registration instead of filtering it to those with the expired subscription option selected.  The notification should have only been sent to a few thousand people total.

Edited by ahc
  • 1 month later...

Guys, if you run into

SELECT * FROM `ibf_core_members` AS `core_members`  LEFT JOIN `ibf_core_pfields_content` AS `core_pfields_content` ON core_members.member_id=core_pfields_content.member_id WHERE core_members.member_id > 0 AND ( member_group_id IN(9) OR FIND_IN_SET(9,mgroup_others) ) AND core_members.name <> '' AND (( member_id IN(127165) ) OR ( member_group_id IN(9) ) OR ( FIND_IN_SET(9,mgroup_others) )) ORDER BY core_members.member_id LIMIT 50
Column 'member_id' in where clause is ambiguous
#0 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/system/Db/Select.php(383): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*::u...', Array, true)
#1 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/system/Db/Select.php(441): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/applications/customnotifications/sources/Notifications/Notifications.php(264): IteratorIterator->rewind()
#4 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/applications/customnotifications/extensions/core/Queue/CustomNotification.php(67): IPS\customnotifications\_Notifications->send(0)
#5 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\customnotifications\extensions\core\Queue\_CustomNotification->run(Array, 0)
#6 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\_Task::runQueue()
#7 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/system/Task/Task.php(367): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->IPS\core\tasks\{closure}()
#8 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))
#9 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/system/Task/Task.php(266): IPS\core\tasks\_queue->execute()
#10 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/system/Task/Task.php(229): IPS\_Task->run()
#11 /usr/www/users/xxx/forum/applications/core/interface/task/web.php(39): IPS\_Task->runAndLog()
#12 {main}

That's a bug in IPS which they told me will be fixed in 4.6

Edited by Fosters
  • 4 months later...

This plugin breaks the API request api/core/members/{id}/notifications.

I sent a custom notification to a user and the API request to him no longer works, blank page, while if I do it to another user who hasn't received the notification it works customized.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi @Fosters, it seems like this may have been broken on the most recent IPB update. My users are stating that while they get the notification counter showing up at the top, it isn't there when they click to expand.

In the logs I'm seeing:

RuntimeException:  (0)
#0 /home/./apps/forum/applications/core/modules/front/system/ajax.php(483): IPS\Notification\_Inline->getData()
#1 /home/./apps/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(107): IPS\core\modules\front\system\_ajax->instantNotifications()
#2 /home/./apps/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/./apps/forum/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

Backtrace:
#0 /home/./apps/forum/init.php(1034): IPS\_Log::log()
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler()
#2 {main}

Apologies if this isn't related to your app but haven't had any success debugging on my own.

• 2 weeks later...