Jump to content

Custom Notifications - Supporttopic


Fosters

Recommended Posts

There is an error in custom notifications

probably a spelling error? Notificatinos?

Quote

Error: Class 'IPS\customnotifications\Notificatinos' not found (0)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/xxx/public/applications/core/modules/admin/system/livesearch.php(53): IPS\customnotifications\extensions\core\LiveSearch\_Notifications->getResults('obiwan')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/xxx/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_livesearch->manage()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/xxx/public/applications/core/modules/admin/system/livesearch.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/xxx/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_livesearch->execute()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/xxx/public/abcde/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

backtrace ->

Quote

#0 /home/nginx/domains/xxx/public/init.php(535): IPS\_Log::log('Error: Class 'I...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(Error))
#2 {main}

@Stormwolfe, you've reported the same problem...

Edited by Cyboman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, KenuFHR said:

Hi, is this product still supported? I'm thinking of buying it.

Just asking, since there were no replies to the previous messages. ?

Sure .

sorry we all mist this. I’m going to review this tonight and release a new version if this is really a valid bug 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
On 10/1/2018 at 2:45 PM, supernal said:

Will this work with 4.3.6? Currently when I send a notification it sends the same one over and over 

We're not sure yet. A client reported some issues which we resolved, but obviously another issue appeared , which is strange because no other client reported this, so we're still investigating this. I would expect a new release by end of this week with the first issue resolved if we don't find anything else.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2018 at 4:00 AM, Fosters said:

We're not sure yet. A client reported some issues which we resolved, but obviously another issue appeared , which is strange because no other client reported this, so we're still investigating this. I would expect a new release by end of this week with the first issue resolved if we don't find anything else.

Great, thanks! 

Just to give you more detail the issue I detailed above continues even after an uninstall and reinstall of the plugin 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, supernal said:

Great, thanks! 

Just to give you more detail the issue I detailed above continues even after an uninstall and reinstall of the plugin 

Could you clarify what it sends even if it's uninstalled? You mean it's sending the notifications from this app even if you uninstall it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Fosters said:

Could you clarify what it sends even if it's uninstalled? You mean it's sending the notifications from this app even if you uninstall it?

Sorry, what I meant is that the behavior persists after reinstalling the plugin in case the plugin was corrupted. When the plugin is disabled or uninstalled, no issue 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Fosters

I installed this app and set a sequence of notifications as part of an on boarding process. There are 8 notifications and filter is set for a particular group to get it day by day as set. E.g. User is signing up as Basic-Member he should get first notification as soon he signed up. To do the trick filter is setup „Account setup“ & „less than one day“.

But nothing happend. But when I go in my backend I can klick the forward button beside the notification the user will get the notification. Unfortunately again, if I press the forward button again next day. So Users will get the same message over and over again..

Maybe I don‘t get the purpose of this app, or do I miss a part to setup correctly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Fosters  I'm having some issues with the app after recently upgrading to 4.3.6

I don't know how major of an issue it is, but to put it short, we can't send notifications anymore.  Even with default criteria for recipients, it'll only send the notification to a couple percent and then it'll get stuck on a random person and continuously spam them repeatedly with the same notification and stop distributing the notification to the 90%+ of the members who haven't received it yet.  I've tried it several times and the person it gets snagged on is always different.  The only way I can quit the task is by uninstalling it.

There are no error messages of any sort that I can provide to you since it doesn't give me any.  We send notifications to around 5k people on average, but it can be up to over 7k at once. Unless something is timing out, I don't think member amount is the culprit here.  I'm using 1.2.2 of your application on 4.3.6 with latest patches.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is there a mnual about how to use the API for this plugin ?

Here is an example of what i would like to do : i have a classified ad system on my site that is not in IPS, for instance if a user posts an ad, and there is a comment on it, i would like to post a notification to the user with a link to his ad. Is this doable ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2018 at 8:11 PM, Alismora said:

@Fosters  I'm having some issues with the app after recently upgrading to 4.3.6

I don't know how major of an issue it is, but to put it short, we can't send notifications anymore.  Even with default criteria for recipients, it'll only send the notification to a couple percent and then it'll get stuck on a random person and continuously spam them repeatedly with the same notification and stop distributing the notification to the 90%+ of the members who haven't received it yet.  I've tried it several times and the person it gets snagged on is always different.  The only way I can quit the task is by uninstalling it.

There are no error messages of any sort that I can provide to you since it doesn't give me any.  We send notifications to around 5k people on average, but it can be up to over 7k at once. Unless something is timing out, I don't think member amount is the culprit here.  I'm using 1.2.2 of your application on 4.3.6 with latest patches.

@Fosters

Believe this aligns with the issue I reported back in October. Let me know if there's anything I can supply that may help you hunt for a bug. Would really love to be able to use this plugin again on 4.3.6

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, jesuralem said:

Is there a mnual about how to use the API for this plugin ?

Here is an example of what i would like to do : i have a classified ad system on my site that is not in IPS, for instance if a user posts an ad, and there is a comment on it, i would like to post a notification to the user with a link to his ad. Is this doable ?

Hi @Fosters, i don't think you answered my question.

Basically what i need is an API that i can call with the sender user id, the recipient user id, and the text of the notification.
I do not plan to do "mass" notification sending based on IPS criterias.

Do you thin your app can do the job ?

Edited by jesuralem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...