Pages SuperGrid support

• 2 weeks later...

@opentype - I dare classify it as anything. But there is something wrong with the plugin, in that it doesn't retain my settings, and I have to go back and set it all back up, over and over and over again. I'm not sure what's going on, but when I set it, it does work and my settings save, but after a little while with no further interaction in the ACP all the settings reset back to default. 

I wouldn’t know how it could even cause that. The plugin doesn’t do anything but to store values, which itself is handled entirely through the core software. The plugin isn’t called at all to do anything and doesn’t have MySQL queries. So if you don’t open the plugin settings, it literally can’t do anything. If you loose plugin settings, I am pretty sure it must have a different cause. 

I have removed it and reinstalled it, I'll see if that fixes it. So far so good after a few hours. I'll let it run for a few days and if I will let you know what happens. This is all odd to me too. Perhaps what I should have stated is that there seems to be default settings when you load the plug in, in. What this would do before I uninstalled and reuploaded it, was turn everything off, and set all the numerical stuff to zero after a length of time. I will play around in the ACP and see if it resets again though.

Thanks for your response though.

Edit: Yes, yes it did fix it. I'll chalk that up to a glitch on my end.

Edited by Tripp★

Sorry if I'm a little slow on this, but I have to upgrade this template as last thing pending from my upgrade from 4.1 to 4.2.
I have read the documentation, but I'm not feeling very confident about what I have to do.

Do I have ot delete these ?

59f2eae4ecdd7_supergridtemplates.thumb.jpg.7cc3f38e16622889e6d0daa5e99ac41c.jpg

And then install again ?
Will I have to change something else after the update ? or the new templates will just fit in the database and the page ?

thanks in advance, I know I'm not very smart on technical things. 

• 2 weeks later...

The question is removed, understood. However, I recommend to fix this in an update.

42 minutes ago, opentype said:

It’s up to you. You can turn on previews in the plugin settings:

5a00966b2596a_Bildschirmfoto2017-11-06um18_05_12.png.184550b619fa15283e9f1ea3740480f9.png

No. I mean changing the value _record_image_thumb is record_image. This will speed up the loading of pages.

23 minutes ago, Morozzz said:

This will speed up the loading of pages.

Fixing what? On what page?

For listing views, it is an option. For the big header in the record view, the full image is intentional. The thumbnail default size is 200 pixel. I won’t blow up a 200 pixel image to cover the whole page. Using the full image is intentional there. 

Hmm... I write about previews. Despite the fact that css spelled out the size of 200px when the page loads load the full image and is reduced to 200px. If the set value is _record_image_thumb record_image, it will load a small preview and adapted to 200px. 
Here, as an example, a piece of modified code from the supergrid listing:

<div class="ipsType_right SG_image_container ipsAreaBackground_light" style="padding-bottom: {{if settings.SuperGrid_aspect_ratio}}{setting='SuperGrid_aspect_ratio'}%{{else}}50%{{endif}};
{{if $row->_record_image_thumb}}background-image:url('{{if settings.SuperGrid_image_use_thumbnail}}{file='$row->_record_image_thumb' extension='cms_Records'}{{else}}{file='$row->_record_image_thumb' extension='cms_Records'}{{endif}}');{{elseif settings.SuperGrid_fallback_image}}background-image:url('{setting="SuperGrid_fallback_image_url"}');{{endif}}">

3 minutes ago, Morozzz said:

Hmm... I write about previews. Despite the fact that css spelled out the size of 200px when the page loads load the full image and is reduced to 200px. If the set value is _record_image_thumb record_image, it will load a small preview and adapted to 200px. 

No! You don’t need to touch that code at all! Again: It is a setting! You can even see it in the code you posted:
{{if settings.SuperGrid_image_use_thumbnail}}

That takes care of everything. You just changed the code to ignore the setting. There is no point to it. 

But anyway. We don’t need to discuss this further. Everything is working as intended. Nothing needs “fixing”. If you ignore the functionality that I built in, that is your problem. 

On 27.9.2017 at 2:05 AM, bradl said:

Count me in as a(nother) person who would enjoy some way to have multiple SuperGrid instances to point at different databases.  At the moment I'm mostly interested in using a different fallback image on a directory database vs an article database. 

Me too, I guess it's not uncommon to have more than only one database, so it would be a big advantage if there's a way to have more instances of the supergrid.plugin.

@opentype  you could offer two add-on versions, the normal and an additional Pages SuperGrid +Plus version. 

Edited by Ramsesx
1 hour ago, Ramsesx said:

Me too, I guess it's not uncommon to have more than only one database, so it would be a big advantage if there's a way to have more instances of the supergrid.plugin.

Well of course it’s meant to do that already. There is no limitation regarding the number of databases. Are you talking about specific settings you need to apply differently? Which ones?

4 minutes ago, opentype said:

Well of course it’s meant to do that already. There is no limitation regarding the number of databases. Are you talking about specific settings you need to apply differently? Which ones?

I mean different settings for different databases, right now you just can have a global setting for all databases.