Reply to status update widget (Support)

Hi Mike

Since the dev of

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7811-advanced-status-updates-widget/

seems to be missing in action, is it possible that you can upgrade this status plugin to allow images, youtube vid and other rich media embeds? I use it as the main social media feed on my site and am badly suffering without it.

Thank you :)

Also need a way to view the next 5 etc. like a view more button or pagination or something.  Please :D:D

On 8/6/2017 at 11:21 AM, superj707 said:

seems to be missing in action, is it possible that you can upgrade this status plugin to allow images, youtube vid and other rich media embeds? I use it as the main social media feed on my site and am badly suffering without it.

I'll consider it but I would like to know for sure that the other developer is not just taking a break. I want to try and avoid releasing something if it's already been built.

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

I'll consider it but I would like to know for sure that the other developer is not just taking a break. I want to try and avoid releasing something if it's already been built.

This could be revamped and have a cleaner presentation. The replies in a pop up window isn't ideal.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/13/2017 at 6:12 PM, Mike John said:

Hey Mike, not sure if you remember me but I was the guy who requested this plugin back when 4.0 came out, but then switched to the Advanced Status update plugin since it had more features. Unfortunately both of the developers that were working on that plugin seem to be MIA. Their plugin went a solid year without an update I'm pretty sure. You can see neither has been too active recently: https://invisioncommunity.com/profile/553920-fnuxle/ and https://invisioncommunity.com/profile/519767-eden-buganim/

Could you revamp your plugin to have similar features to that one? I can pay for the project if needed.

• 2 months later...
On 6/8/2017 at 3:21 AM, superj707 said:

Hi Mike

Since the dev of

https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/7811-advanced-status-updates-widget/

Thank you :)

Also need a way to view the next 5 etc. like a view more button or pagination or something.  Please :D:D

Yes Please I would love that. The other plugin has been removed, and we really need something more.

We use the plugin as main content on a page where it works like a social hub for our community.

I would really love to:

1. Be able to set reactions for each status directly on the widget.

2. And that rich media embeds were shown in the widget

3. And that there was pagination to show more.

4. And an settings option to always show comments just as it does in the activity stream for status updates.

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2017 at 5:35 AM, alfanexus said:

Yes Please I would love that. The other plugin has been removed, and we really need something more.

We use the plugin as main content on a page where it works like a social hub for our community.

I would really love to:

1. Be able to set reactions for each status directly on the widget.

2. And that rich media embeds were shown in the widget

3. And that there was pagination to show more.

4. And an settings option to always show comments just as it does in the activity stream for status updates.

Looking for this so much, I was using the other.

I will surely renew this plugin if this is added @Mike John

Edited by Il_Picasso
  • 1 month later...

The original "Reply to status update widget" plugin has been updated with a few more enhancements to the status widgets plugin itself. These new features and improvements include:

• Reaction support now supported for both status updates and replies.
  • Rich text support for both status updates and replies.
  • Option to have status replies always expanded.
  • Load previous status replies within the widget itself.
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I've been using this plugin for a while, but the rich text support never worked in the widget.
Also, there seems to be a 10-15 second delay when hitting post to submit a status.
Had the issue in both 4.2 and 4.3.

I've attached 2 screenshots: the way it shows up in the widget and the way it shows up when I click the date to view a single status update.

Any idea what might cause this?

HmByjSZ.png

92E5hvg.jpg

On 2/19/2019 at 2:58 AM, a_b_c said:

I've been using this plugin for a while, but the rich text support never worked in the widget.
Also, there seems to be a 10-15 second delay when hitting post to submit a status.

Silly question but your not using the truncate and disabling the RTE support?

Do you have a delay on new status updates as well or just status replies?

• 4 months later...

Just purchased this, thank you for writing it!  My users will be happy to have more interaction with the widget, instead of having to visit someone's profile to reply and view replies. 

I'm having some issues, though.  In the ACP, the "Enable Reactions?" settings don't seem to stick when I click "Save".  I cannot turn them off, and I would like to do so to clean up the display a bit and make it more compact.  It's also not honoring the "Truncate Status" and "Truncate Status Reply" options.  They are set to Disable, but the status updates and replies are being truncated in the status widget.  I did toggle the "Always Expanded" option off, and that one did stick and seems to be working.

A few minor layout changes I'd like to see:

• Don't indent the replies nearly as much.
  • Likewise, left-justify the reply with the avatar shown above it. 
  • Possibly don't display avatars for the replies.

The goal with these changes would be to prevent the username from not fitting on the same row as the timestamp (it sometimes gets pushed below), and to allow for more room for the reply text, as right now it's in a fairly narrow column.  I'd be fine if the timestamp was put underneath the name/avatar, which would greatly help in preventing the username from getting pushed down and give a more consistent appearance.

Thanks again for writing this and listening to my feedback.  🙂

..Al

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 7:27 AM, Endymionx said:

Probably there's problem with change plugin's settings. When I'm trying change reaction possibilities it gives me popup with information about successful save, but after open settings again it doesn't change.

What version of the plugin and IPB and I'll try and reproduce this?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There seems to be a bit of a strange bug. I've got this block appearing on the homepage (for logged in users). Ignoring the red which I've used to censor NSFW content, the word "Like" seems to be going vertical rather than horizontal. This is using the default IPS theme, latest version of the plugin on IPS 4.5.4.5, and it seems to do it on mobiles.

Screenshot_20201217-093421_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1dcefbf051fd60c5a3ae3234f6ecf678.jpg

Edited by Tripp★