Reply to status update widget (Support)

15 hours ago, Tripp★ said:

There seems to be a bit of a strange bug. I've got this block appearing on the homepage (for logged in users). Ignoring the red which I've used to censor NSFW content, the word "Like" seems to be going vertical rather than horizontal. This is using the default IPS theme, latest version of the plugin on IPS 4.5.4.5, and it seems to do it on mobiles.

Any indication this happens in the post area or status update area? This one might be a bit tricky because the widget area is much smaller then the normal areas the reputation button would appear in.

1 hour ago, Tripp★ said:

So when viewing the status on the actual profile, it works as intended. Also it works across the site as intended too. It's just this block for the widget. My site is NSFW, so would you like a full screenshot sent via PM, or a link to it?

Yes I'll see if I can reproduce this in my browser and then go from there.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Michael.J does this also show embedded content in the sidebar block, like images and youtube videos? It doesn't list that as a feature but curious if it does or could have it in the future.

EDIT: Took the plunge and it does exactly that! Amazing plugin. Another feature I would like is to hide the reactions. I managed to do it via adding some CSS to custom.css but it's a bit cramped to have them showing on there.

Edited by CircaCitadel
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 9:17 AM, CircaCitadel said:

EDIT: Took the plunge and it does exactly that! Amazing plugin. Another feature I would like is to hide the reactions. I managed to do it via adding some CSS to custom.css but it's a bit cramped to have them showing on there.

There is actually a setting to hide reactions as well.

18 hours ago, Michael.J said:

There is actually a setting to hide reactions as well.

True, but that disables them entirely.  I wanted to hide existing reactions on the post, not the like button entirely. So people can still like a status but it doesn't show who also liked it. It just took up too much space.

6 hours ago, CircaCitadel said:

True, but that disables them entirely.  I wanted to hide existing reactions on the post, not the like button entirely. So people can still like a status but it doesn't show who also liked it. It just took up too much space.

I'll have to look into that, might not be possible as I'm using the internal reaction feature and I'm not sure if they allow you to hide the existing ones.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2021 at 12:09 PM, willadamskeane said:

I'm hitting an issue where clicking "Show previous replies" is loading the same replies that have already been loaded, rather than the previous ones.

Are these historically old replies or ones that were made within a few minutes?

On 7/1/2021 at 3:15 AM, Michael.J said:

I've released a new update pending approval, if the avatar issue is still an issue, let me know.

Yes it is, just renewed to latest version ...

avatarissue.png.49c48f15386e65b70dcaa2da59861fe8.png

Fixed it temporarily with ...

.statusReplies .ipsUserPhoto_tiny img {
    width: 100%!important;
    height: 100%!important;
}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
1 minute ago, CircaCitadel said:

A feature I'd love to see added to this is to limit only 1 status per user to show, to avoid members from spamming the widget.

Yes, I'd also very much like to see that.

Something else I'd like to see is to NOT display status updates that were posted by another user on someone's profile.  Usually those are intended for that individual, and often don't make much sense being displayed in the widget on the front page of the forum.

Thank you!