Jump to content
Announcing Achievements! ×

Community

Reply to status update widget (Support)


Michael.J
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Adds status replies and add reply support to the "Recent Status Updates" widget, similar to how IPB 3.4 worked. Features: Expand/collapse toggle for displaying status replies.  Add status reply fo

Yes Please I would love that. The other plugin has been removed, and we really need something more. We use the plugin as main content on a page where it works like a social hub for our community.

I believe that when you first put a reply, it appears at the top, but if you refresh your screen, it should put them in the order you want them. At least that is the way mine appears to work

Posted Images

On 9/12/2015 at 8:35 PM, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi, I've just bought this plugin but it doesn't work correctly. When I click on "Add Reply", it starts displaying a pop-up/modal screen and then suddently I am redirected to my profile page. Please advise.

What version of IP.Board are you using? If IPB 4.0, can you try downloading and installing v1.0.2 instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 14/1/2016 at 7:41 AM, Michael Lachney said:

For everything, the status updates and the replies.

Both times are largely dependent on the location of the user. You could override the times but would need to do it manually in the status widget template bits. e.g.

{datetime="$comment->date"}

to something like this.

{expression="\IPS\DateTime::ts( $comment->date )->strFormat('%b %d')"}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/28/2015 at 7:49 PM, Mike John said:

 I don't know why it's forcing me to reply within a nested quote -- but whatever -- my question is this -- if we have subscribed to an extension/addon via devfuse.net -- and then bought this addon -- how can we get this associated with our devfuse account so I can go to one place to check for updates?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/1/2016 at 5:06 PM, PCtoolbin said:
On 28/10/2015 at 10:49 AM, Mike John said:

 I don't know why it's forcing me to reply within a nested quote -- but whatever -- my question is this -- if we have subscribed to an extension/addon via devfuse.net -- and then bought this addon -- how can we get this associated with our devfuse account so I can go to one place to check for updates?  

See here. Alternatively I can sync in the other direction if needed but does need to be done manually by me at this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue, whether it's just with the default block or with a custom block that uses the plugin. I also had the issue when using a different status update widget plugin.

Truncate setting is disabled and it is cutting the entries short to 3 lines.

I am running 4.1.15

Edited by Simon Woods
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/11/2016 at 1:06 PM, Simon Woods said:

I am having the same issue, whether it's just with the default block or with a custom block that uses the plugin. I also had the issue when using a different status update widget plugin.

Can you try this. Open acp > theme editor > core > global > plugins > statusReply

Find:

{$comment->truncated()|raw}

Replace With:

{$comment->content|raw}

Save. That should keep the truncate but not strip out html from the text.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mike John said:

Can you try this. Open acp > theme editor > core > global > plugins > statusReply

Find:


{$comment->truncated()|raw}

Replace With:


{$comment->content|raw}

Save. That should keep the truncate but not strip out html from the text.

This is what the if statement turned into when I did that:

{{if settings.statusReplyUpdate_truncate}}{$comment->content|raw}{{else}}{$comment->content|raw}{{endif}}

It has stripped the embed link from the status.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Can you give me an example of the kind of content your testing with in the status replies? When you say embed link, are you trying to have full Youtube embedded videos show in the status reply?

GIFs, links, images, a YouTube video. When I am making the status update the embed works fine.

Here it is being used, with a link to a topic not showing: http://revolutions.chroniclesofthedas.com/

I'm starting to think it's either a conflict with another plugin or an IPS issue since I had it with a previously used status update widget mod.

Edited by Simon Woods
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

GIFs, links, images, a YouTube video. When I am making the status update the embed works fine.

Here it is being used, with a link to a topic not showing: http://revolutions.chroniclesofthedas.com/

I'm starting to think it's either a conflict with another plugin or an IPS issue since I had it with a previously used status update widget mod.

Note: I've now hidden the widget.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have just bought the User Status Widget but it won't work properly. 
I have installed the plugin and set up it, using this guide:
http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tutorials/article/160-install-plugin-guide/

I cannot see the Block at step 4 so I cannot see the widget in home page.
I have a forum running IPS 4.1.16.1 and the default user status widget in home page.
Thanks for your support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/11/2016 at 7:57 AM, Simon Woods said:

GIFs, links, images, a YouTube video. When I am making the status update the embed works fine.

Try this additional template edit in the same one

Find:

data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'

Replace With:

data-ipsTruncate-type='hide'

Save.

On 26/11/2016 at 8:11 AM, th3madcap said:

I cannot see the Block at step 4 so I cannot see the widget in home page.

For this particular plugin you won't need to add anything as it will hook into your existing "Status Reply" widget. Just make sure you've added the default one and you'll see the new "Add Reply" link.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Mike John said:

Try this additional template edit in the same one

Find:


data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'

Replace With:


data-ipsTruncate-type='hide'

Save.

Done. Still truncating and not showing embedded content.

I'm updating the core in the next 24 hours. I'll test again after that and post with the result.

Edited by Simon Woods
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy