Reply to status update widget (Support)

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2015 at 8:35 PM, Gabriel Torres said:

Hi, I've just bought this plugin but it doesn't work correctly. When I click on "Add Reply", it starts displaying a pop-up/modal screen and then suddently I am redirected to my profile page. Please advise.

What version of IP.Board are you using? If IPB 4.0, can you try downloading and installing v1.0.2 instead.

• 5 weeks later...
On 14/1/2016 at 7:41 AM, Michael Lachney said:

For everything, the status updates and the replies.

Both times are largely dependent on the location of the user. You could override the times but would need to do it manually in the status widget template bits. e.g.

{datetime="$comment->date"}

to something like this.

{expression="\IPS\DateTime::ts( $comment->date )->strFormat('%b %d')"}

On 10/28/2015 at 7:49 PM, Mike John said:

I don't know why it's forcing me to reply within a nested quote -- but whatever -- my question is this -- if we have subscribed to an extension/addon via devfuse.net -- and then bought this addon -- how can we get this associated with our devfuse account so I can go to one place to check for updates?  

On 19/1/2016 at 5:06 PM, PCtoolbin said:
On 28/10/2015 at 10:49 AM, Mike John said:

I don't know why it's forcing me to reply within a nested quote -- but whatever -- my question is this -- if we have subscribed to an extension/addon via devfuse.net -- and then bought this addon -- how can we get this associated with our devfuse account so I can go to one place to check for updates?  

See here. Alternatively I can sync in the other direction if needed but does need to be done manually by me at this time.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am having the same issue, whether it's just with the default block or with a custom block that uses the plugin. I also had the issue when using a different status update widget plugin.

Truncate setting is disabled and it is cutting the entries short to 3 lines.

I am running 4.1.15

Edited by Simon Woods
On 20/11/2016 at 1:06 PM, Simon Woods said:

I am having the same issue, whether it's just with the default block or with a custom block that uses the plugin. I also had the issue when using a different status update widget plugin.

Can you try this. Open acp > theme editor > core > global > plugins > statusReply

Find:

{$comment->truncated()|raw}

Replace With:

{$comment->content|raw}

Save. That should keep the truncate but not strip out html from the text.

2 hours ago, Mike John said:

Can you try this. Open acp > theme editor > core > global > plugins > statusReply

Find:

{$comment->truncated()|raw}

Replace With:

{$comment->content|raw}

Save. That should keep the truncate but not strip out html from the text.

This is what the if statement turned into when I did that:

{{if settings.statusReplyUpdate_truncate}}{$comment->content|raw}{{else}}{$comment->content|raw}{{endif}}

It has stripped the embed link from the status.

8 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Can you give me an example of the kind of content your testing with in the status replies? When you say embed link, are you trying to have full Youtube embedded videos show in the status reply?

GIFs, links, images, a YouTube video. When I am making the status update the embed works fine.

Here it is being used, with a link to a topic not showing: http://revolutions.chroniclesofthedas.com/

I'm starting to think it's either a conflict with another plugin or an IPS issue since I had it with a previously used status update widget mod.

Edited by Simon Woods
2 hours ago, Simon Woods said:

GIFs, links, images, a YouTube video. When I am making the status update the embed works fine.

Here it is being used, with a link to a topic not showing: http://revolutions.chroniclesofthedas.com/

I'm starting to think it's either a conflict with another plugin or an IPS issue since I had it with a previously used status update widget mod.

Note: I've now hidden the widget.

On 25/11/2016 at 7:57 AM, Simon Woods said:

Try this additional template edit in the same one

Find:

data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'

Replace With:

data-ipsTruncate-type='hide'

Save.

On 26/11/2016 at 8:11 AM, th3madcap said:

I cannot see the Block at step 4 so I cannot see the widget in home page.

For this particular plugin you won't need to add anything as it will hook into your existing "Status Reply" widget. Just make sure you've added the default one and you'll see the new "Add Reply" link.

10 hours ago, Mike John said:

Try this additional template edit in the same one

Find:

data-ipsTruncate-type='remove'

Replace With:

data-ipsTruncate-type='hide'

Save.

Done. Still truncating and not showing embedded content.

I'm updating the core in the next 24 hours. I'll test again after that and post with the result.

Edited by Simon Woods