Reply to status update widget (Support)

Adds status replies and add reply support to the "Recent Status Updates" widget, similar to how IPB 3.4 worked.

Features:

• Expand/collapse toggle for displaying status replies. 
  • Add status reply form and save using ajax.
  • Set a status reply limit before directed to members profile page.
  • Enable or disable text truncate for status replies.
  • Optional setting to include status reply reputation.
  • Modifies the existing core widget, just upload plugin and your done.

Feature Request: a "Read More" like Blogs/Pages has under some circumstances, or an icon. If its under X amount of lines it'll display whole status/comment or If it's over X amount it takes you to the URL of the Status for example: (Read More)

I'm not usually good at explaining ideas coherently so if you need any clarification, let me know. ^_^ 

Edited by Tripp_UK

Thanks @Greg W noticed that on return to the index, one additional request would be the ability to delete replies from the widget?

I'll look into getting the reply added at the bottom like the display is done. I didn't really look too deeply into sorting but will see if it can be sorted differently.

I'll also take a look at if moderator options can be added but still maintain a compact design.

Feature Request: a "Read More" like Blogs/Pages has under some circumstances, or an icon. If its under X amount of lines it'll display whole status/comment or If it's over X amount it takes you to the URL of the Status for example: (Read More)

I'm not usually good at explaining ideas coherently so if you need any clarification, let me know. ^_^ 

I think I got you. I'll include for next version.

Also maybe Edit for all members, that's the main complaint I have in 3.4. Yes in 4.0 you can finally edit from the member page but members may not know that from the feed so that would be nice if possible. :)

Is there a setting or permission needed to edit updates? Not seeing an edit option...

When truncating status replies is enabled there's no obvious link to click so you can read the whole thing (e.g. a "read more" link) it just appears cut off, could this be added at some point?

Like my suggestion?

When truncating status replies is enabled there's no obvious link to click so you can read the whole thing (e.g. a "read more" link) it just appears cut off, could this be added at some point?

Yep, will be added next version. Just working my way through another round of ipb4 bug fixes now.

Are Likes enabled? In the screenshot I only see "Like This" next to one reply. Is that your own reply? Shouldn't it not show there, but on all the other statuses and replies?

The plugin right now adds like reputation support to replies only. I'll be looking at expanding that to statuses as well in the future if IPS doesn't.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2015, 8:10:59, Logan said:

Definitely looking forward to this, because after my first initial setting to truncate at 3 lines, no matter what I change it to now, it always truncates at 3 lines and there's no "Read More" link of any sort and people are having a difficult time figuring out where to go to read all of the status..... @Mike John

9 hours ago, PCtoolbin said:

Definitely looking forward to this, because after my first initial setting to truncate at 3 lines, no matter what I change it to now, it always truncates at 3 lines and there's no "Read More" link of any sort and people are having a difficult time figuring out where to go to read all of the status..... @Mike John

I will be taking another stab at this one soon. Just want to wait and see what IPB 4.1 brings and what changes I'll need to make on my end.

• 3 weeks later...