[IPS4] Tutorials

9 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

The quick description can be not required (there’s a setting) so it isn’t used for everyone and that would produce an empty line there. Probably best suited via template edit. Let me know if you want me to show which template and how to do it.

Sure, I'd like to see!

Hello @Adriano Faria

Trust you are doing well and had a great week. I wanted to report an issue I encountered with the Tutorials application. It will not recognize the permissions for secondary groups.

My community has several user products [courses; looking forward to your app 🙂] ... and user groups, so I always assign a secondary group to let me do things I can't do with a global primary group.

A member just contacted now reporting he could not see the tutorials system. I was surprised, so I checked his user and user group and saw the user group can view the Tutorials system (see attachment).

Could contain: Text, Text Message

The user had MEMBERS as the primary group, and a secondary group was assigned after purchasing a course. I manually assigned the same secondary group to the primary group, and the tutorials worked! I thought, could it be that the secondary group is not recognized?

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

Hello,

36 minutes ago, OptimusBain said:

Is there a way to fix this?

There's nothing to fix. That's how it was designed and that's how it is for more than 10 years and it wouldn't be fair with the other clients to change it now as I would certainly forcing them to change their set-up because of you.

If you have FTP access and wants to change it in your install, download and open applications / tutorials / Application.php and find:

if( !$groupData['tutorials_view'] OR ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id AND !$memberData['allowed_access'] ) )

Change to:

if( !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->inGroup( array( 3, 4, 29, 44, 79 ) ) OR ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id AND !$memberData['allowed_access'] ) )

3, 4, 29, 44 and 79 are the groups IDs allowed to use the app. Change to the proper IDs in your board.

13 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

Hello,

There's nothing to fix. That's how it was designed and that's how it is for more than 10 years and it wouldn't be fair with the other clients to change it now as I would certainly forcing them to change their set-up because of you.

If you have FTP access and wants to change it in your install, download and open applications / tutorials / Application.php and find:

if( !$groupData['tutorials_view'] OR ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id AND !$memberData['allowed_access'] ) )

Change to:

if( !\IPS\Member::loggedIn()->inGroup( array( 3, 4, 29, 44, 79 ) ) OR ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->member_id AND !$memberData['allowed_access'] ) )

3, 4, 29, 44 and 79 are the groups IDs allowed to use the app. Change to the proper IDs in your board.

Thanks so much again for everything you do. I will try what you suggested. Thanks

I thought it was a bug, sorry. I assumed that adding Primary/Secondary group selection as many would not affect anyone.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi if anyone can help. Yes i know was said earliar dont need a tutorial for tutorials but i kinda do lol/

I cannot for the liek of me get mine to look like this....

I added , changed, did everything and i have this grid but the pic is n o where to be changed i get a default Tutorilas pic for my category. Category does do a Block but only subcategories can have a pic change?

then when click a sub category videos should be there but no i have to click again ? Kind o flike the forums do?

Is there something i should be doing differently? ive looked in all settings, categories, and subs. If anyone has set this up as i have basic experience with these type plug in s would be a great help

Could contain: File, Webpage

4 hours ago, AlphaWulfx said:

Hi if anyone can help. Yes i know was said earliar dont need a tutorial for tutorials but i kinda do lol/

I cannot for the liek of me get mine to look like this....

I added , changed, did everything and i have this grid but the pic is n o where to be changed i get a default Tutorilas pic for my category. Category does do a Block but only subcategories can have a pic change?

then when click a sub category videos should be there but no i have to click again ? Kind o flike the forums do?

Is there something i should be doing differently? ive looked in all settings, categories, and subs. If anyone has set this up as i have basic experience with these type plug in s would be a great help

Could contain: File, Webpage

The picture is uploaded in the category form in your ACP.

one more dumb question lol how do i get it to stop this

Tutorials page Block

Tutorials(Block)/World editor( List) Basics 1 then finally Video tutorial

Could contain: Text, Electronics    Could contain: Text    Could contain: File, Text, Webpage 

I was trying more for 

Turtorials Page Block with World Editor category/ Basics 1 Video ( Meaning all my basics under here but i have to click again on the list and then get video, 

Could contain: Text, Electronics   Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

Any way for me to do this?

Let me see if i can explain better sorry

Default - 

you go to tutorials link- Theres Category - Then a list with sub catergories(have to click that) - then video

Was wondering how to get it like this

Tutorilas link / Category/ under that category all my videos  in that section instead of another list to get to the video

TWo steps instead of 3?

Could contain: Text, Page

i am sorry but i did. I asked if could do videos and you said yes. Didnt say only  links from Vimeo and you tube. So it doesnt take videos as i asked just linked from 2 specific places. But yes the rest i didnt ask about as it showe din pics so differently .

But all in all ill take the loss. It is my fault for buying something that didnt come with Demo but only pics. Thank you for all you do.  Great App otherwise

On 9/27/2022 at 3:29 PM, Adriano Faria said:

Install the latest Tutorials, which is 2.6.2.1. No problem with IPS 4.7.2.1 and PHP 8.1.0:

Btw, I went to check your latest download and you didn't download it here; you don't even show as purchaser of this app. 😶

It was purchased via my other admins login.. recently split my IPS account/purchases from his.

9 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

@Stuart Silvester purchases shouldn’t be merged too to avoid situations like that?

I'm really confused... I know that I've purchsed several different applications and plugins.  I've changed my email address recently as well as split from my other admins account.  I'm missing several purchases that I've been using for a long while now... Tutorials, Brilliant Discord, Community Map, and Links Directory are some of the ones that's showing I haven't purchsed, but I know damn well that I have.