[IPS4] Tutorials

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

No. Like any other app, the author is who submit the tutorial. You can create a required custom field and people will fill it with that information. 

EDIT: Ah, you mean the post author to be the tutorial author, instead of who’s adding it? I can add a setting in next version. 

Yes!  That would be awesome!

Admin should still be able to change authors but force the original post author to be tutorial author as well for all other members.

Edited by RocketStang

I hate to be a pain, but something else weird just happened...

I converted a post over that had hot linked images in it.  The images were embedded in the post, but he new tutorial just linked them instead of embedding them.  I'm not sure this is even an issue, maybe that is just how it has to be with conversions?

Just now, RocketStang said:

I hate to be a pain, but something else weird just happened...

I converted a post over that had hot linked images in it.  The images were embedded in the post, but he new tutorial just linked them instead of embedding them.  I'm not sure this is even an issue, maybe that is just how it has to be with conversions?

I have no idea. I don’t remember of a similar situation. Probably enough just to edit and hit save without change anything in the post. It should embed the images. 

19 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I have no idea. I don’t remember of a similar situation. Probably enough just to edit and hit save without change anything in the post. It should embed the images. 

I looked at the source code for he image link and it has a ipsnoembed=true in it...

<a href="http://members.dodo.com.au/~jimniki/hidden_wiring/hw-1a.jpg" ipsnoembed="true" rel="external nofollow">http://members.dodo.com.au/~jimniki/hidden_wiring/hw-1a.jpg</a>

I tried several times to edit and save but still just links...no embedded images.

6 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

I have no idea, mate. I didn’t add this, IIRC. I’ll take a look when I have to upgrade the app. That is a cosmetic thing and it isn’t crashing your board, so it can wait. 👍

Ok thanks!  Might just be a fluke too!  I still have a bunch of posts to convert but this is the only one so far that was odd. 

• 4 weeks later...

I ran into a minor issue today...I was trying to upload a .gif image to the tutorial cover image but it kicked me to a blank white page when I hit SAVE.  I tried several times with the same result.  The tutorial I was posting did post with the gif attached but the gif did not show.  I ended up replacing the gif with a static png and it worked fine.

Edited by RocketStang
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Does the Tutorials module synchronize with the Pages module and permissions?

I mean, I want to created a series of tutorials, like courses. Some of these tutorials/courses will require payment. Once the payment is done, the user group will change to USERGROUP x and the user will be able to read it because he paid, otherwise he won't be able to see it.

Is this kind of functionality possible with Tutorials? I want to use it like a course module and create free and paid courses. 

Thanks a lot

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I just purchased the Tutorials application. I was wondering if Is there a away to have the Tutorials as a forum discussion/category without using the redirect option? I would love to have an entry in one of my forums that directly link to the Tutorials and hide it from the default main navigation. The only way I could do it is by creating a redirect forum, which adds the annoying "# of visits to this link" text.

Thanks a lot

image.thumb.png.1506157ad371e9f420afacc2731aba86.png

• 4 weeks later...