[IPS4] Tutorials

On 6/15/2021 at 10:25 AM, OptimusBain said:

I just updated Tutorials on version 4.6 of the community and it's throwing this error. What is that support tool it is referring to? How could I fix this problem? Thanks a lot

On 6/15/2021 at 11:24 AM, RocketStang said:

I am getting this error as well...

On 6/27/2021 at 12:37 PM, Loren said:

I am getting this error also.

Any help would be appreciated.

On 7/2/2021 at 9:57 PM, 403 - Forbiddeen said:

On 7/11/2021 at 7:55 PM, Clanerz said:

Could I receive the fix too? Getting the error while runing the mod on last IPB

On 7/16/2021 at 5:34 AM, IceCore said:

I'm running this on 4.6 and have an error in the tutorials row page:

On 7/20/2021 at 4:38 PM, Olivier Frascone said:

Hi Adriano, we're running on 4.6, can i have the fix ? Just renewed support 🙂

On 7/26/2021 at 9:22 AM, bouckie said:

Hi 🙂

Could I receive the fix too? I use version 4.6 and nothing works anymore :

[[Template tutorials/front/browse/rows is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thank you

On 8/2/2021 at 9:39 AM, Steph40 said:

@Adriano FariaJust renewed and would also like the 4.6 fix please.

Guys, before or after upgrade to new version, go to same template and click in the REVERT button to get the new version. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a problem with the download files attached to a tutorial. The category has all permissions and only the creator of the tutorial can download the txt files he uploaded. I am the admin and I can't download them. I see them as "unavailable". What am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot

See attachments. I have all permissions for the tutorial/category and I can't download the files. The creator of the tutorial can.

image.thumb.png.cd65d35fff3fe1c9b013e17c71c22e16.png

image.png.81eecba23577be14f403f0084d0cb768.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2021 at 11:36 PM, OptimusBain said:

I am having a problem with the download files attached to a tutorial. The category has all permissions and only the creator of the tutorial can download the txt files he uploaded. I am the admin and I can't download them. I see them as "unavailable". What am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot

See attachments. I have all permissions for the tutorial/category and I can't download the files. The creator of the tutorial can.

image.thumb.png.cd65d35fff3fe1c9b013e17c71c22e16.png

image.png.81eecba23577be14f403f0084d0cb768.png

@Adriano Faria I can confirm I have this same issue.  It seems to be fixed by me logging in as the submitter and simply resubmitting the tutorial.  Not sure what happened but it is an issue on our side.

On an unrelated note...what I actually came here to post.  I am recieveing this error when I try to enable guest access to the site.  I am trying to create a guest page but to do it I have to disable the Tutorials App then enable guest access, then enable the tutorials app again.  Unfortunately this method does not allow me to remove tutorials access for guest as it will throw the following error:

REPLACE INTO `tutorials_groups` ( `tutorials_g_id`, `tutorials_posts_access`, `tutorials_othermems`, `tutorials_copy`, `tutorials_tutorializepost`, `tutorials_viewreaders`, `tutorials_view` ) VALUES ( 2, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, true )
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'tutorials_posts_access' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /var/www/html/106131/system/Db/Db.php(967): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*r304709::r304...', Array)
#1 /var/www/sitefiles/r304709/applications/tutorials/sources/Members/Members.php(63): IPS\_Db->replace('tutorials_group...', Array)
#2 /var/www/sitefiles/r304709/applications/tutorials/extensions/core/GroupForm/Tutorials.php(75): IPS\tutorials\_Members::setGroupData(2, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, true)
#3 /var/www/html/106131/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(224): IPS\tutorials\extensions\core\GroupForm\_Tutorials->save(Array, Object(IPS\Member\Group))
#4 /var/www/html/106131/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->form()
#5 /var/www/html/106131/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(39): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/106131/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/106131/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

@HDiddy, fixed the group issue. Let me know if you have FTP access, so I can provide the fix while you wait the official version to be available in marketplace.

Regarding the attachment issue reported by @OptimusBain, I still can't reproduce. Works fine to me, as admin (being the tutorial author or downloader) or as a regular member (also being the tutorial author or downloader). Technically speaking, all the columns are properly filled in the right columns of the attachments table.

Feel free to PM to provide more info.

20 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

@HDiddy, fixed the group issue. Let me know if you have FTP access, so I can provide the fix while you wait the official version to be available in marketplace.

Regarding the attachment issue reported by @OptimusBain, I still can't reproduce. Works fine to me, as admin (being the tutorial author or downloader) or as a regular member (also being the tutorial author or downloader). Technically speaking, all the columns are properly filled in the right columns of the attachments table.

Feel free to PM to provide more info.

Unfortunately I am on IPS Hosted so no FTP Access, but I can wait for the official.

As for the other issue it is odd, we don't have that many tutorials about 80 so we can effectively fix them with the work around I mentioned but still kind of weird.

• 7 months later...

I am having Issues with the API...

1. If I try to use the endpoint to create a new tutorial I get the following error.
    Uncaught_Exception
    Error: Call to a member function save() on null (0)
    #0 /home/runcloud/webapps/redacted/system/Api/Controller.php(180): IPS\tutorials\api\_tutorials->POSTindex()
    #1 /home/runcloud/webapps/redacted/system/Dispatcher/Api.php(329): IPS\Api\_Controller->execute()
    #2 /home/runcloud/webapps/redacted/api/index.php(11): IPS\Dispatcher\_Api->run()
    #3 {main}

Along with this error that is triggered at the same time.

template_store_missing

Template store key: template_1_1df892f7e87cbbe0876e716b8455a748_global missing (core, api, global)

2. If I change to an update API, call it will update and work.
  3. I am unable to add to the 'a_content' field of the Tutorial through the API, i can only add a 'a_desc' - is this intended?

Thank you!

On 4/22/2022 at 6:01 PM, Mike Mc said:

I am having Issues with the API...

1. If I try to use the endpoint to create a new tutorial I get the following error.
    Uncaught_Exception
    Error: Call to a member function save() on null (0)
    #0 /home/runcloud/webapps/redacted/system/Api/Controller.php(180): IPS\tutorials\api\_tutorials->POSTindex()
    #1 /home/runcloud/webapps/redacted/system/Dispatcher/Api.php(329): IPS\Api\_Controller->execute()
    #2 /home/runcloud/webapps/redacted/api/index.php(11): IPS\Dispatcher\_Api->run()
    #3 {main}

Along with this error that is triggered at the same time.

template_store_missing

Template store key: template_1_1df892f7e87cbbe0876e716b8455a748_global missing (core, api, global)

2. If I change to an update API, call it will update and work.
  3. I am unable to add to the 'a_content' field of the Tutorial through the API, i can only add a 'a_desc' - is this intended?

Thank you!

Tks, will take a look.

• 1 month later...

Hello @Adriano Faria

Hope you are doing well. I just wanted to let you know that the tutorials system does not work with the secondary groups permissions.

I've set the permissions for primary and secondary groups. Secondary group permissions will be ignored. The tutorials system seems to read only the primary group permissions.

For example, this is what I did

• A user signed up for a membership
  • User primary group = Member
  • User secondary group = Membership
  • I added the permissions for the secondary group "membership"
  • The user will see the error "No permissions to read the the tutorials"
  • If I manually add the user group "membership" as primary, then the tutorials system will work  

I am running the latest 4.7 beta 4 version.

Is there a way to fix this so that secondary user groups can be used as well? Thanks so much!

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2022 at 2:09 AM, Adriano Faria said:

If you mean the default image, it’s a theme resource. You can change in your ACP -> Customization-> your theme -> Manage Resources (or something like this).

Thanks!! I just found that...silly me.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IceCore said:

Any way to add this option as selection in the settings?

The quick description can be not required (there’s a setting) so it isn’t used for everyone and that would produce an empty line there. Probably best suited via template edit. Let me know if you want me to show which template and how to do it.