[IPS4] Tutorials

On 8/25/2019 at 8:27 AM, Adriano Faria said:

What's New in Version 2.4.3:

New Features:

• Integrate with Members Shop (from @TheJackal84) to give points to members who submit tutorials.
    • New setting added to enable the integration.
    • Number of points to give to the author is added per category.
  • Added ability to convert a review to a comment.
    • A new moderator permission will control who can use the feature.
  • Added ability to choose extra field position per field (sidebar or below tutorial content)

Thanks a lot, you rock!

6 hours ago, sonimik1 said:

It only happens to me with this application

Works fine to me:

The file isn't cvorrupted and 5 other people (beyond you) downloaded and upgraded... no error reported.

Clear cache, download again using another browser, etc.

Also, search for 1C133 here on IPS and you will see a lot of topics with it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi,

I am interested for this application.

Do you have an url where this application is installed? I would like to see it in real conditions

(sorry for my English, I am French and I have a very low level)

Thank you 😉 

Edited by bouckie
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@Adriano Faria

I was messing around with an old copy of Tutorials 2.1.0 RC4 and installed it in my 4.5 Beta 4 test board just to see what would happen...well it didn't work as I assumed but now I can't delete it!  Every time I try, I get a white screen in the ACP.  Hit the back button and refreshes OK but the app is still there.  Any idea how to get it uninstalled? 

37 minutes ago, RocketStang said:

I was messing around with an old copy of Tutorials 2.1.0 RC4 and installed it in my 4.5 Beta 4 test board just to see what would happen...well it didn't work as I assumed but now I can't delete it!  Every time I try, I get a white screen in the ACP.  Hit the back button and refreshes OK but the app is still there.  Any idea how to get it uninstalled? 

It is for IPS 4.4. You shouldn’t try it in a not compatible version or at least ask before. 

Since this is a test install, delete the tutorials folder in /applications via FTP and drop its table from your database. You should delete the tutorials rows from core_applications table too.

Edited by Adriano Faria
56 minutes ago, Adriano Faria said:

It is for IPS 4.4. You shouldn’t try it in a not compatible version or at least ask before. 

Since this is a test install, delete the tutorials folder in /applications via FTP and drop its table from your database. You should delete the tutorials rows from core_applications table too.

Thanks!  I learn something everyday, LOL!!

• 2 months later...

IPS 4.5 - I get the following error wen converting a tutorial to a club feature:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Application/Application.php(253): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('IPS', 'app_directory', NULL)
#1 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1318): IPS\_Application::load('IPS')
#2 /var/www/html/r300220/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(166): IPS\Member\_Club->nodes()
#3 /var/www/html/r300220/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(119): IPS\Member\clubsenhancements_hook_ceClub->nodes()
#4 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\Node\clubsenhancements_hook_ceNodeController->convertToClub()
#5 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /var/www/html/r300220/applications/tutorials/modules/admin/tutorials/categories.php(36): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\tutorials\modules\admin\tutorials\_categories->execute()
#8 /var/www/html/r300220/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Now when going to the club I get an error message:

OutOfRangeException:  (0)
#0 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Application/Application.php(253): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord::load('IPS', 'app_directory', NULL)
#1 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1318): IPS\_Application::load('IPS')
#2 /var/www/html/r300220/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(166): IPS\Member\_Club->nodes()
#3 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1857): IPS\Member\clubsenhancements_hook_ceClub->nodes()
#4 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Member/Club/Club.php(1995): IPS\Member\_Club->tabs()
#5 /var/www/html/r300220/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(130): IPS\Member\_Club->firstTab()
#6 /var/www/html/r300220/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(117): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->manage()
#7 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\clubsenhancements_hook_ceControllerView->manage()
#8 /var/www/html/r300220/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(120): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /var/www/html/r300220/init.php(886) : eval()'d code(22): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#10 /var/www/html/r300220/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\clubsenhancements_hook_ceControllerView->execute()
#11 /var/www/html/r300220/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Edited by Josiah Wallingford

@Adriano Faria Will this App get a 4.5 upgrade?  I'm not in a huge hurry or anything, just curious on an ETA.

Scratch that...I see it is upgraded for 4.5!  I was just looking back to my 4.5 test board when I tried to install it and it would not work.

ALSO...can I upgrade from 2.4.0 straight to 2.5.x?

Thanks!

RF

Edited by RocketStang
  • 2 weeks later...

@Adriano Faria

I upgraded my forum to 4.5.2 and upgraded Tutorials and everything looked good but a member just informed me that there is an error that only shows to members (Not Admin) I signed in as a member and verified and grabbed a screen shot.

Any ideas on whats wrong and how to fix?  I did run the support tool and there were no issues found.  My themes are all default with color changes.

1610122692_ScreenHunter_807Sep_0905_58.thumb.jpg.2274206aedf68cdd85f1be70ce6e5530.jpg