Forms Support

On 12/1/2016 at 3:13 PM, Jesse Rapczak said:

Before I purchase this is it possible for me to create a custom page on my IPB and then call in this form where I want it to be? 

The Form app itself serves out the form in pages. When you say custom page, are you referring to use of the "Pages" app?

On 1/13/2016 at 1:50 AM, Mike John said:

The Form app itself serves out the form in pages. When you say custom page, are you referring to use of the "Pages" app?

Yes, using the pages app. Also where is the template for this? I see it's using the standard information classes for the "rules" but I need them to change the class it's using and also be able to reformat the actual form. If you could tell me where it's being generated I'll be able to do that.

Edited by Jesse Rapczak
On 14/1/2016 at 7:31 PM, Jesse Rapczak said:

Yes, using the pages app. Also where is the template for this? I see it's using the standard information classes for the "rules" but I need them to change the class it's using and also be able to reformat the actual form. If you could tell me where it's being generated I'll be able to do that.

Forms a handled a little different in IPB4 and right now a global form template is being used.

I haven't got anything present now but I will look into Pages integration in the next version. Whether some type of template code or php code to add a form into a Page.

On 25/1/2016 at 7:31 PM, EugeneZybov said:

Using this app, you can make exam (test, quiz) pages for Ip.Content? The user needs to answer correctly to all questions.

Sorry your quote wasn't included in my above reply. As mentioned a few posts up, there's no direct integration with IP.Content (Pages) application. Only alerts such as email, pm or topic.

So since I have upgrade my forums to 4.1.7, I uninstalled the Forms app, and then redownloaded and installed the new one for 4.1 and now only I (the main admin) am able to make/edit forms in the acp. I have double and triple checked the administrator permissions and the settings are enabled so other admins can edit/make forms but for some reason they are not able to, all they see is the view form button beside the forms. When they click on "Add Form" nothing happens. Am I missing something?

On 29/01/2016 at 4:04 PM, RDxZen said:

So since I have upgrade my forums to 4.1.7, I uninstalled the Forms app, and then redownloaded and installed the new one for 4.1 and now only I (the main admin) am able to make/edit forms in the acp. I have double and triple checked the administrator permissions and the settings are enabled so other admins can edit/make forms but for some reason they are not able to, all they see is the view form button beside the forms. When they click on "Add Form" nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Have you enabled their permissions to 'Access Module' under ACP>System>Applications>Forms>Permissions?

Only thing I can think of, but I also don't see how it would effect their ACP settings. But just a thought?

2 hours ago, Neej said:

Have you enabled their permissions to 'Access Module' under ACP>System>Applications>Forms>Permissions?

Only thing I can think of, but I also don't see how it would effect their ACP settings. But just a thought?

After I heard my admin was unable to add/edit forms, I made a user group to test, I gave it full admin permissions, access to everything and my test account can not edit/add forms either, I have no clue what is preventing it. The only person that can do it is me, and I assume it is because I have the super admin account...

On 29/1/2016 at 4:04 PM, RDxZen said:

Double check the following

1. Member restrictions in ACP > Members tab > Staff > Administrators
  2. Application permissions in ACP > System tab > Applications.
  3. Rebuild cache afterwards in ACP > System tab > Support > "Something isn't working correctly." checkbox.

If still not working, I will need board details to troubleshoot further.

On 1/30/2016 at 3:17 PM, Mike John said:

Double check the following

1. Member restrictions in ACP > Members tab > Staff > Administrators
  2. Application permissions in ACP > System tab > Applications.
  3. Rebuild cache afterwards in ACP > System tab > Support > "Something isn't working correctly." checkbox.

If still not working, I will need board details to troubleshoot further.

I sent you the login details, will appreciate the help.

Hi,

I have a few questions after reading most of the forms product informations and discussion:

1. I can't find an online demo, where you can look at some example features cases. To see how mighty and flexible the forms app is in layout and design.
  2. Are records of the sender IP address possible? For contract evidence issues...
  3. Concerning the layout: I need professional layout, great looking advertisement character. Fields for additional text informations only without the need of form fields to put data in. And the possibility to place text objects in columns (2, or 3,4,5) in a defined row. Also images on the top or beetween form field elements. Flexibility...
  4. Last not least: what about forms in mobile skin? Are they responsive? Are they shown at all?
  5. Form categories would be nice. And an initial overview page with the forms categories list shown as tiles. I think, tiles will get more attention in the future by all apps. And user find directly, what they are looking for if you have a lot of forms.

Thanks for a reply.

T

2 hours ago, Cyboman said:
  1. I can't find an online demo, where you can look at some example features cases. To see how mighty and flexible the forms app is in layout and design.
  2. Are records of the sender IP address possible? For contract evidence issues...
  3. Concerning the layout: I need professional layout, great looking advertisement character. Fields for additional text informations only without the need of form fields to put data in. And the possibility to place text objects in columns (2, or 3,4,5) in a defined row. Also images on the top or beetween form field elements. Flexibility...
  4. Last not least: what about forms in mobile skin? Are they responsive? Are they shown at all?
  5. Form categories would be nice. And an initial overview page with the forms categories list shown as tiles. I think, tiles will get more attention in the future by all apps. And user find directly, what they are looking for if you have a lot of forms.
  1. PM sent.
  2. The "{member_ip}" quick tag can be used for members ip. Also saved in the form logs as well.
  3. Not currently, custom fields support is just in a single column format. Open to suggestions however.
  4. I'm using the default theme standards which are mobile responsive already. Check over the demo board in your mobile, let me know if there's anything not quite right and can adjust.
  5. I'll consider it if there is demand for it. But this is the first time it's been suggested to me I believe.
  1. read your PM, i'll check as soon as possible, thx for excellent support.
  2. great

Rest (3-5):  it's a lot about forum looks today. I would like to do some marketing and acquisitions with it. But it only works out, if there is like an easy template or widget integration for different object placements. A page with:

• responsive columns under the footer header. (at least 3)
  • To place styled text, linked images and your forms (plural) flexible on a page.
  • And some alignement at least.

I think visiual enhancements are a good upgrade.

Your app looks great anyway and I will test it.

1. read your PM, i'll check as soon as possible, thx for excellent support.
  2. great

Rest (3-5):  it's a lot about forum looks today. I would like to do some marketing and acquisitions with it. But it only works out, if there is like an easy template or widget integration for different object placements. A page with:

• responsive columns under the footer header. (at least 3)
  • To place styled text, linked images and your forms (plural) flexible in a column or on a page.
  • And some alignement at least.

I think visiual enhancements are a good upgrade.

Your app looks great anyway and I will test it.

Edited by Cyboman
On 5/2/2016 at 3:53 PM, Cyboman said:

I can't promise a quick inclusion but this is something on the drawing board. The form will be placed on a custom template bit but you will have to know a bit of html to arrange the position of the fields and blocks how you want.

• 1 month later...

Hi @Mike John, sorry if this was already asked by Cyboman. I'm not sure if he is asking the same thing or not.

Is there plans for it to be a Dynamic form that is multi page, and will bring up a certain page of questions depending on what was selected for a specific question?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

10 hours ago, Neej said:

Is there plans for it to be a Dynamic form that is multi page, and will bring up a certain page of questions depending on what was selected for a specific question?

Not immediate ones but I will make a note of it. This is possible in IPB4 but I'd need to figure out a way to have it customizable in the admin cp

Is there any way the content of the form can be posted to a forum thread? Also, I can't see the form logs at all. I go to it and there's no way to view what someone submitted... Just that they submitted it.

An example of the 1st would be:

"Have you read our rules? [Yes / No]

What's your username [Text area input]"

Then the output of that on the forum thread would be:

"Have you read our rules? Yes

What's your username? xyz"

Along those lines. Is there any way to set that up? I tried a few tests and it just posts a blank message.