Forms Support

2 hours ago, Lyonharted said:

Is there any way the content of the form can be posted to a forum thread? Also, I can't see the form logs at all. I go to it and there's no way to view what someone submitted... Just that they submitted it.

When setting up your forms, be sure to look at the "Quick Tags" button. This contains all the various options you have for placing form and field data into a newly created topic. For example the {field_list} tag will display a list of the forms fields and the values submitted. You can also display specific fields like {field_value_X}, x being the id of the field. That tag displays that specific value instead of the entire list.

Will i be able to set up template like this one ? \/

Please copy the template below into your application and fill it out.

What is your first name for your RP character?  :

What is your last name for your RP character? :

What's your Steam ProfileID?:

Is your in-game name, forum name and teamspeak name the same?:

What is your  age?:

Where are you from? :

Do you both speak and understand fluent English?:

Explain briefly why we should allow you to join Crownlands Kingdom:

Explain briefly, tell us why you want to join Crownlands Kingdom:

Give us a background of your RP character (Optional)

Do you have any previous experience in Life is Feudal game?

Are you part of any other communities?:

Have you read and understood our rules?:

How did you find out about us?:

Will something like that be possible to set up so a person will just fill up the blanks to those questions , instead of copy and paste template?

On 18/3/2016 at 2:06 PM, HMatthew said:

Will i be able to set up template like this one ? \/

Please copy the template below into your application and fill it out.

Will something like that be possible to set up so a person will just fill up the blanks to those questions , instead of copy and paste template?

Do you have all those questions setup as fields in your form? If so, just use the {field_list} quick tag in your topic template and that will display a list of all the fields and there values for you. PM me acp login details if you need further help setting this up.

On 18/3/2016 at 9:33 AM, Lyonharted said:

Is there any way to pm the user with a link to the topic that the form generates?

No not currently, this loosely ties into the same issue in my Auto Welcome app. When I find a solution there, I'll be including the fix in the next version of the Forms app as well.

13 hours ago, Mike John said:

I've just updated this application with several more bug fixes and minor features additions. See full list of bug fixes here.

1. New redirect to topic option after form submission.
  2. Menu manager improvements with form options.

Awesome! Thank you. Glad to see requested features promptly added. Great work as usual. ^_^

3 hours ago, Mike John said:
  1. Make sure your uploading the form.tar file and not the zip.
  2. Check what CHMOD permissions you have for your applications folder.
  3. Check with your host that it supports the PHP Phar extension. IPB4 uses that to extract and import the application files.

Its not problem of CHMOD , just open ticket on ips support and fixed problem 

Thanks , 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, duyfr said:

Can you add a small function "dont allowed multiple value" in option "checkbox set" please

Have you considered using the "Radio" field option instead? Has natural support for 1 selection only.

Edited by Mike John
10 hours ago, Mike John said:

Have you considered using the "Radio" field option instead? Has natural support for 1 selection only.

hello

yes i were thinking to use this field , but i have 4 fields using "checkbox set" but only one i need only a value , i can use 1 radio field + 3 checkbox set just it not same style in my forms ,

but just a idea , not important ^_^

On 12/04/2016 at 5:24 PM, duyfr said:

yes i were thinking to use this field , but i have 4 fields using "checkbox set" but only one i need only a value , i can use 1 radio field + 3 checkbox set just it not same style in my forms ,

Yeah I understand that. I'll note this for the next version and see what I can do.

Some feedback...

This app is excellent! I am running a site which gives support to foreign residents and tourists, and have lots of members who provide commercial services to them such as translations, assistance in getting residence and work permits, legal assistance, etc. With this, besides offering a general contact form, I am also able to consolidate all of their services into one place as if it is all a single staff. A lot of the services offered are regional, so I've asked Mike John to see if he can categorize the services. Then we can offer  support forms first by service category, and then by city category. I don't know if that will be offered as a part of an upgrade or custom work, but regardless, the forms system is a godsend for us.

And a question.

I'd like to use the forms app as the only method of communication for everyone. But there are still two other contact methods, one through the default contact system, and one through Nexus.

Has anybody been able to disable these, or link the default "Contact Us" to one of the forms in the Forms app? I know this topic isn't about Nexus, but I am wondering if anybody has been able to disable that contact method as well.

And a suggestion.

I read other posts but I am not sure if it's the same thing I need. It would be great if the forms could be configured like a regular content page. For example, for a legal services form, I could put a short bio of the lawyer who provides the services, and even a photo, floated right or left, or other things that I can do in other parts of IP Community. At the moment there are "form rules" I believe, which have a forced styling with a blue background. It would be great if it could be more versatile, allowing me to add anything I want to the form above the form fields.

Edited by Bendensin

@Mike John

I've upgraded my site to 4.1 and the Forms Application is still showing in the out of date applications section and when I go to "upload a new version" I get "We could not find the application you were attempting to update"

Should I just upload the new version and it'll see that there's info in the database, or what should I do here?

Thanks!

11 hours ago, Bendensin said:

Has anybody been able to disable these, or link the default "Contact Us" to one of the forms in the Forms app? I know this topic isn't about Nexus, but I am wondering if anybody has been able to disable that contact method as well.

I haven't paid much attention to this in the past as not a big Nexus user but I'll add it as something to look at next version. Shouldn't be an issue to override the default contact link and point them to the Forms app.

2 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

Should I just upload the new version and it'll see that there's info in the database, or what should I do here?

That would cause quite a few issues as it wouldn't run the upgrade routine then. IPB 3.4 to 4.x instructions can be found here. But it looks like your already following that. Do you see an entry for the Forms app in your core_applications database table? Just to rule out the obvious, you had the Forms app for IPB 3.4 and not the Contact System app?

6 minutes ago, Mike John said:

That would cause quite a few issues as it wouldn't run the upgrade routine then. IPB 3.4 to 4.x instructions can be found here. But it looks like your already following that. Do you see an entry for the Forms app in your core_applications database table? Just to rule out the obvious, you had the Forms app for IPB 3.4 and not the Contact System app?

Yup, been following that ^_^  And just checked and I do see it in the core_applications database table.   And yes I have the Forms App. This is one of the most important apps that I need to get upgraded. haha  Probably 25+ forms at least that we have and don't remember everything that we had for each of them. 

Thanks!

Just now, ADKGamers said:

Yup, been following that ^_^  And just checked and I do see it in the core_applications database table.   And yes I have the Forms App. This is one of the most important apps that I need to get upgraded. haha  Probably 25+ forms at least that we have and don't remember everything that we had for each of them. 

Yeah I thought I remembered you using the latest. Does the error also have any error code with it? If so, can you let me know and I'll look through the code causing the issue?

1 minute ago, Mike John said:

Yeah I thought I remembered you using the latest. Does the error also have any error code with it? If so, can you let me know and I'll look through the code causing the issue?

Yup!  

And no it does not, just this error:

e4ac06de7c48969e6facf0406f0c4d17.png

I do have a ticket into support as well with this as your application isn't the only one that I'm having an issue with, so want to make sure there's nothing going on that they need to fix.  Donations upgraded just fine for me but nothing else has. Including Auto Welcome and then a few other plugins from different authors. 

8 minutes ago, ADKGamers said:

I do have a ticket into support as well with this as your application isn't the only one that I'm having an issue with, so want to make sure there's nothing going on that they need to fix.  Donations upgraded just fine for me but nothing else has. Including Auto Welcome and then a few other plugins from different authors. 

There's a couple of reference to that error.

1. Open your applications folder. Do you have a folder created called "form" in there?
  2. Can you paste the last part of the url you see when choosing the upgrade option? What's set for the "appKey" parameter?

If your database table has an entry, check if there are any cache issues. See ACP > System tab > Support > " Something isn't working correctly. ". See if your getting any errors rebuilding your cache, it might be that an app is preventing the application cache rebuilding.

1 minute ago, Mike John said:

There's a couple of reference to that error.

1. Open your applications folder. Do you have a folder created called "form" in there?
  2. Can you paste the last part of the url you see when choosing the upgrade option? What's set for the "appKey" parameter?

If your database table has an entry, check if there are any cache issues. See ACP > System tab > Support > " Something isn't working correctly. ". See if your getting any errors rebuilding your cache, it might be that an app is preventing the application cache rebuilding.

1. There is not a folder called "form" in there. Actually missing the other ones too for the other applications that aren't able to be upgraded either

2. This is all that shows when I try to click the upgrade button ?adsess=02423b9c4f85a05ca5a84056bc8e73ca&app=core&module=applications&controller=applications
Not sure if I should have said that it's under the "out of date applications"

I'm not getting anything related to caching when I do  "something isn't working correctly". There's stuff there for a deactivation plugin but nothing else that appears to be related to cache.