Forms Support

2 hours ago, ADKGamers said:

@Mike John talked with support and they said that they'd be unable to assist to see why that's happened. So where do we go from here? 

If it's happening with a few different applications, then I would of thought that would point to an issue with IPB4 itself rather then the applications. Could you PM me your ftp and admin cp login details and I'll take a look and see what's wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/04/2016 at 2:43 AM, Lyonharted said:

I've had user 4 different users who are using Firefox report that it says "Error for site owner: invalid domain for site key" when they attempt to submit a form. What? http://tyrenale.net/forms

It looks like this might be an issue with the captcha. About half way down this page is instructions on how to generate new keys. Let me know if you need further help. Another option would be to disable the captcha field for all member groups.

On 30/04/2016 at 1:12 PM, Jesse Rapczak said:

I'm using your forms app with the Rules app and I'm trying to come up with a way to not let a user submit a form unless it checks the currently logged in member for my 'steamid' variable and only lets them submit it when it finds that the steamid isn't 0. Any ideas?

When your in the acp forms area, you'll have an option to edit a forms "permissions". You could then disable the Guests group from having "Submit Form" permission.

Sending a form to a topic, longer topic titles are broken by <wbr>.

e.g.

{field_value_8}: {field_value_5} {field_value_6}: {field_value_7}

gives

JimmyJimJim: Jim Marshall: FriendsOfJimMarshal<wbr>l@gmail.com 

Any way to fix this except a shorter title?

TIA

Jim

20 hours ago, JimJimJimJim said:

{field_value_8}: Text field, Display Name

{field_value_5} {field_value_6}: Text fields , First Name, Last Name

{field_value_7} Email field, Your email address

Untested but possible solution for you to try out. Please let me know if it does work and will put together in next release.

Open applications/form/sources/Form/Form.php

Find:

else if( $field->type == 'Poll' )
            			{
            				 $_display = NULL;
            			}

Add BELOW:

else if( $field->type == 'Email' )
            			{
            				 $_display = $_value;
            			} 

11 hours ago, JimJimJimJim said:

Is this something I will have access to if i am hosted by Invision Power?

Check with IPS if you've got "ftp access" to your site. If you need help with applying the changes, let me know. If you don't have ftp access, then the only way to patch this is when the next version is released.

7 minutes ago, JimJimJimJim said:

But my current need is not urgent (only seen by moderators and admins), so I am happy to wait for the next version.

Logged and will be included next release. Have several confirmed bugs now, so a new release is not far away.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Lyonharted said:

1) When they tick a yes/no box it doesn't tick. It slides and reverts. It works fine for me though.

Any particular pattern such as browser that this happens more often for?

20 hours ago, Lyonharted said:

2) The image upload does not work.

Can you setup an acp account so I can quickly check over your setup and then try and reproduce this on my site?

Seems to be mostly Chrome. I had 2 more users tell me just today. It's very odd- this has cropped up out of nowhere in the last week. 

ACP details sent in pm.

The actual form affected is here. Not sure if other forms are affected, my users only really use that one.

Edit: Here's a gif one of the affected users showed displaying problem #1, the ticking thing. 

d4aee325ed9600d59036f9cf9d81cf8b.gif

Edited by Lyonharted

Just updated to IPS 4.1.12, and am now receiving this error when forms are submitted:

Fatal error: Cannot access protected property IPS\Email\Outgoing\Php::$subject in ...../applications/form/sources/Alerts/Alerts.php on line 184

On 22/05/2016 at 11:29 AM, Lyonharted said:

Seems to be mostly Chrome. I had 2 more users tell me just today. It's very odd- this has cropped up out of nowhere in the last week. 

Do you remember installing any plugins recently? The last time I saw this issue was due to a plugin conflicting the forms from 3rd party apps.

21 hours ago, wohali said:

Just updated to IPS 4.1.12, and am now receiving this error when forms are submitted:

I've confirmed your bug report and will try to include a manual patch if I can.

4 minutes ago, Mike John said:

Do you remember installing any plugins recently? The last time I saw this issue was due to a plugin conflicting the forms from 3rd party apps.

I've confirmed your bug report and will try to include a manual patch if I can.

Last I iinstalled in the last few months is the rainbow link plugin, hah. Just disabled it- asked one of my users and they said the problem still exists.

1 hour ago, Lyonharted said:

Last I iinstalled in the last few months is the rainbow link plugin, hah. Just disabled it- asked one of my users and they said the problem still exists.

I know it's a pain but is it at all possible to disable all plugins and then check? I believe IPB now includes a disable all or re-enable all options to quickly do this. If still can't track it again, I'll look at adding a demo board with a fresh install that can be tested. As I'm having a very hard time reproducing this and right now my only theory is a possible conflict with another app or plugin.

21 hours ago, Lyonharted said:

Just tried that, and even on the default IPS theme the problem continues. :(

Are you planning to upgrade to the latest version of IPB 4 soon?

1 hour ago, ADKGamers said:

I'm getting a 500 ISE on one of my forms, other forms are fine but this one is giving a 500 ISE when submitting. Upgraded to most recent version of IPB and that's when it started happening. 

Working on the next version now.

1 minute ago, Lyonharted said:

Waiting a bit to update. Everytime we've updated before we've had loads of problems so we usually wait 2 or 3 patches. Otherwise we'd be spending hours and hours fixing problems updating IPS and fixing problems with it and we don't have the resources for that. D:

I'm so far unable to reproduce this in Chrome or any browser. I'm just working on a new update for IPB 4.1.12 now and will see if I can see any possible causes. Do you know how many people are affected and is there any more information about them to try and help me reproduce this?