Forms Support

16 hours ago, Julian Jenkins said:

I am being stupid, but where does the complete form data live?

The raw form logs are stored within the database tables. The front end can be viewed in the "Form Logs" area if you've enabled group permissions and form permissions for viewing logs.

Just now, Mike John said:

The raw form logs are stored within the database tables. The front end can be viewed in the "Form Logs" area if you've enabled group permissions and form permissions for viewing logs.

I spoke to him in PM about this. He was under the impression this App worked similar to google forms to accumulate data in to spreadsheets.

On 29/07/2016 at 4:44 AM, saraNTech said:

Is it possible for a Field Type* (select box) to auto append new selections, as a database record grows? 

As in new field options for the select? Where would the source database be?

On 30/07/2016 at 3:25 AM, Eterna Gaming said:

@Mike John amazing applicaiton, but any way to make the Logs show the breaks (<br>)? Or format it nicer? :( 

Unless there was any changes in IPB4 recently, there should be a line break between fields already. Could you post a sceenshot of what your talking about? Not quite sure what's happening here.

9 minutes ago, Mike John said:

As in new field options for the select? Where would the source database be?

Unless there was any changes in IPB4 recently, there should be a line break between fields already. Could you post a sceenshot of what your talking about? Not quite sure what's happening here.

I fixed it with CSS xD It was unorthodox but it worked! 

21 minutes ago, Mike John said:

From what I can gather, he might be logging paragraphs from text editor and they don't properly display line breaks maybe? Hence my fix which would space things out a bit more on the page.

I personally don't have any issues with my logs, but I don't log paragraphs, just things like IP, username and form type etc. 

Hi Mike,

I upgraded my site to IPB 4 and upgraded the forms application accordingly. I'm able to modify existing forms just fine, but trying to create a new form is returning the following error:

INSERT INTO `form_forms` ( `options`, `pm_settings`, `email_settings`, `topic_settings`, `position` ) VALUES ( NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL )
IPS\Db\Exception: Column 'options' cannot be null (1048)
#0 /home/darkstar/public_html/forums/system/Db/Db.php(661): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('INSERT INTO `fo...', Array)
#1 /home/darkstar/public_html/forums/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(441): IPS\_Db->insert('form_forms', Array)
#2 /home/darkstar/public_html/forums/system/Node/Model.php(2013): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/darkstar/public_html/forums/applications/form/sources/Form/Form.php(367): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/darkstar/public_html/forums/system/Node/Controller.php(376): IPS\form\_Form->formatFormValues(Array)
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /home/darkstar/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#7 /home/darkstar/public_html/forums/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/darkstar/public_html/forums/applications/form/modules/admin/form/forms.php(35): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/darkstar/public_html/forums/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\form\modules\admin\form\_forms->execute()
#10 /home/darkstar/public_html/forums/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#11 {main}

With my limited technical expertise I assumed this had something to do with 'null' values, so tried putting some throwaway text into each possible field when building a form, but still no luck.

Any thoughts? :(

Just now, AstralEcho said:

Hi Mike,

I upgraded my site to IPB 4 and upgraded the forms application accordingly. I'm able to modify existing forms just fine, but trying to create a new form is returning the following error:

With my limited technical expertise I assumed this had something to do with 'null' values, so tried putting some throwaway text into each possible field when building a form, but still no luck.

Any thoughts? :(

Have you tried running the support tool in AdminCP to try repair your database errors?

On 02/08/2016 at 1:33 AM, saraNTech said:

can you add a prefixed-tag support to your From builder?

I'm interested to know what other users of this app thoughts on this?

10 hours ago, AstralEcho said:

If you remember what version of the Forms app you previously used. That would be helpful in making sure this was patched for future upgraders.

10 hours ago, Neej said:

Have you tried running the support tool in AdminCP to try repair your database errors?

Thank you for helping. ^_^ I've added a little something to your account.

2 hours ago, Mike John said:

On 8/1/2016 at 8:33 AM, saraNTech said:

can you add a prefixed-tag support to your From builder?

I guess I do not see how this would be used.
I create forms for specific purposes so I don't see why one would need prefix or tag support for a form.

I would much rather see a way to export the results of a form to say an Excel spreadsheet format. This would allow use of this great tool for survey like forms that results can be talled from.

With your Forms if I have CAPTCHA enabled on my forum to have a form built and say don't include captcha?

On 8/4/2016 at 11:26 PM, Loren said:

I guess I do not see how this would be used.
I create forms for specific purposes so I don't see why one would need prefix or tag support for a form.

I would much rather see a way to export the results of a form to say an Excel spreadsheet format. This would allow use of this great tool for survey like forms that results can be talled from.

I could see this based upon if you want to use search by a tag or something along those lines.

On 10/08/2016 at 0:22 AM, PedroNL said:

With your Forms if I have CAPTCHA enabled on my forum to have a form built and say don't include captcha?

Captcha right now can only be enabled/disabled per member group. I assume you are suggesting this be possible per form as well?

Also another thing when we are making forms and e-mail is being sent is their a way where we could what is requested in the e-mail field.  Please see what is being requested in the e-mail field.  When I put it in "receivers" and hit save and then come back into the form the field ,"field_value_244" is not there.   Please let me know.

2016.08.11_09h40m26s_003_.jpg

6 hours ago, PedroNL said:

Yes that would preferred...

I'll note this for the next version.

6 hours ago, PedroNL said:

Also another thing when we are making forms and e-mail is being sent is their a way where we could what is requested in the e-mail field.  Please see what is being requested in the e-mail field.  When I put it in "receivers" and hit save and then come back into the form the field ,"field_value_244" is not there.   Please let me know.

The receivers field does not support the "quick tags". I'll have to think about it but I don't believe this is something I can easily support.

Mike I am sure I would be willing to throw some extra dollars your way if you could accomplish this.

On 8/11/2016 at 4:04 PM, Mike John said:

The receivers field does not support the "quick tags". I'll have to think about it but I don't believe this is something I can easily support.

13 hours ago, PedroNL said:

Mike I am sure I would be willing to throw some extra dollars your way if you could accomplish this.

That wasn't really a concern for me and can provide a file patch if technically possible. But from my brief view, it looks like it's a bit more complex to achieve and I'd need more time before I could work on this. That applies for new features or custom requests both alike.

On 8/4/2016 at 9:04 PM, Mike John said:

If you remember what version of the Forms app you previously used. That would be helpful in making sure this was patched for future upgraders.

Thank you for helping. ^_^ I've added a little something to your account.

I would like to see prefixes or tags also... 

One reason why I would like to see prefixes or tags is the reason that when I have a forum that makes a post and the forum normally requires you to select a prefix or tag to post then the Form that post that section will not have a prefix or tag because it won't inherit this from default.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/11/2016 at 4:04 PM, Mike John said:

Could I have this a custom build and I pay for this to be built int?

On 09/09/2016 at 4:37 AM, PedroNL said:

Could I have this a custom build and I pay for this to be built int?

I can do this as a custom request but will need at least a month before can start on anything. I'm working on bug fixing updates now and I will see if I can include this in the next version easily or not.

Edited by Mike John