Jump to content

Community

Videos Support


Michael.J

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

I was adding two media sites using the Add Media Site button and I thought they had gone ok with the settings that I used.  The two were dailymotion and vimeo.  Then the Rebuild Videos button came up and when I ran it there was a EXO error that came up.

TypeError: Argument 1 passed to IPS\Text\_Parser::_oembedEmbed() must be an instance of IPS\Http\Url, string given, called in /home/mapper7/public_html/system/Text/Parser.php on line 2400 (0)
#0 /home/mapper7/public_html/system/Text/Parser.php(2400): IPS\Text\_Parser::_oembedEmbed('https://youtu.b...', true)
#1 /home/mapper7/public_html/applications/videos/sources/Video/Video.php(733): IPS\Text\_Parser::embeddableMedia('https://youtu.b...', true)
#2 /home/mapper7/public_html/applications/videos/modules/admin/videos/sites.php(96): IPS\videos\_Video->rebuildVideo()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\videos\modules\admin\videos\_sites->IPS\videos\modules\admin\videos\{closure}(Array)
#4 /home/mapper7/public_html/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(93): call_user_func(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /home/mapper7/public_html/applications/videos/modules/admin/videos/sites.php(123): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Internal), Object(Closure), Object(Closure))
#6 [internal function]: IPS\videos\modules\admin\videos\_sites->rebuild()
#7 /home/mapper7/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#8 /home/mapper7/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#9 /home/mapper7/public_html/applications/videos/modules/admin/videos/sites.php(35): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/mapper7/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\videos\modules\admin\videos\_sites->execute()
#11 /home/mapper7/public_html/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

I removed the two that I added but not sure how to proceed now to get rid of that error.

Another thing is that on the Video page the "New Videos" displayed category has not ever updated and is still showing the initial videos from a long time ago.  Many new videos have been added since those were.  Your thoughts on this would be great as well.  If need be I can PM you Admin credentials if you need to look around.

 

Almost forgot to mention....version 3.1.13 and latest forum version.

Cheers.

Steve

Edited by Steve-Ray
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 05/10/2016 at 3:25 AM, Mike John said:

Are you still having issues or is it fixed itself? If only the widget is affected, you can rebuild the widget cache by logging in again or even removing the widget and adding it again.

Sorry I missed this.

Yes, I haven't been able to fix the issue but it's not just the widget. Would you consider adding a rebuild tool in the ACP please? Also, if you could explain to me how I could regenerate the thumbnail that would be appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/12/2016 at 3:50 AM, Steve-Ray said:

I was adding two media sites using the Add Media Site button and I thought they had gone ok with the settings that I used.  The two were dailymotion and vimeo.  Then the Rebuild Videos button came up and when I ran it there was a EXO error that came up.

Can you try applying the manual patch mentioned here?

On 13/12/2016 at 3:50 AM, Steve-Ray said:

Another thing is that on the Video page the "New Videos" displayed category has not ever updated and is still showing the initial videos from a long time ago.  Many new videos have been added since those were.  Your thoughts on this would be great as well.  If need be I can PM you Admin credentials if you need to look around.

In your video settings, what do you have set for the default sort field and direction?

On 15/12/2016 at 0:10 PM, Joey_M said:

Yes, I haven't been able to fix the issue but it's not just the widget. Would you consider adding a rebuild tool in the ACP please? Also, if you could explain to me how I could regenerate the thumbnail that would be appreciated.

To further add, is it showing the "no thumbnail image" or actually a broken thumbnail link?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, I will apply the manual patch mentioned. :)

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

In your video settings, what do you have set for the default sort field and direction?

I'm not sure I follow this Michael.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

To further add, is it showing the "no thumbnail image" or actually a broken thumbnail link?

Sorry, it's a broken thumbnail image. The video plays, the video shows the thumbnail  but the blocks show the grey on grey youtube image.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, I'm trying to modify the video watch page.

I'm trying to move the title/rating/follow/views section from above the video, to below the video. Where can I accomplish this?

I've already done it in my Chrome elements menu...
but outside of that I'm too inexperienced where to know where to make this change within the application.
 

Capture.JPG

Edited by Bluedrake42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pre-sales question:  Can the admin change the name of who posted the video, similar to how you can change the name on an Article or Pages record?  

One of our members has a sizeable YouTube channel, and I'd like to at least "seed" the categories after installation - but I want to give him credit for the videos... He's given blanket permission to share them, but I'd like to get the process started.

Thanks!

Edited by KentT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 19/12/2016 at 10:26 AM, Joey_M said:

I'm not sure I follow this Michael.

The How to sort videos? and Direction to sort videos? fields.

On 19/12/2016 at 10:26 AM, Joey_M said:

Sorry, it's a broken thumbnail image. The video plays, the video shows the thumbnail  but the blocks show the grey on grey youtube image.

Is this on the same site I'm working on for your other plugins? If so, can you PM me the video link and will take a closer look.

On 19/12/2016 at 9:24 PM, Bluedrake42 said:

I'm trying to move the title/rating/follow/views section from above the video, to below the video. Where can I accomplish this?

I assume you have some html knowledge? If so, you can modify the video layout in acp > theme editor > videos > front > view > view. If you need further guidance on exact placements, let me know.

On 19/12/2016 at 11:13 PM, Bluedrake42 said:

Also it would be nice if we could replace the follow button on each video page with a follow button that follows the video creator, instead of just the video page. I think that would make a lot more sense to our users.

I'll consider it but couldn't the existing follow member feature do that already for new content posted by member?

2 hours ago, KentT said:

Pre-sales question:  Can the admin change the name of who posted the video, similar to how you can change the name on an Article or Pages record?  

No sorry, not right now within the app. It shouldn't be too hard to add but can't give an eta on the next version just yet. It can be done manually if your willing to do some sql queries instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Mike John said:

No sorry, not right now within the app. It shouldn't be too hard to add but can't give an eta on the next version just yet. It can be done manually if your willing to do some sql queries instead.

Regarding the issue of an Admin being able to change the "author" of the posting, if you'll commit to adding this as enhancement, I'll go ahead and purchase it and try to get this set up and implemented over the holidays.

The reason this is so important is to make sure the video creator is not only getting "credit" for producing the video, showing on their profile, but also so that they (if members) are automatically brought into any discussions, comments, reviews, etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/12/2016 at 2:49 AM, KentT said:

Regarding the issue of an Admin being able to change the "author" of the posting, if you'll commit to adding this as enhancement, I'll go ahead and purchase it and try to get this set up and implemented over the holidays.

I've checked this over and I can commit it will be added. But I can't provide an estimate on the next update.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I have a navigation suggestion for Videos System. When you view a video a the category containing multiple videos, is it possible you could add links to the next or previous video in the category? Kind of like what you see when looking at the bottom of a forum topic here, in that it has a handy topic title and link to the previous or next topic, or when you are looking at the first or last offers to take you back to the forum listing.

Many thanks. :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 20/01/2017 at 5:45 AM, The Old Man said:

I have a navigation suggestion for Videos System. When you view a video a the category containing multiple videos, is it possible you could add links to the next or previous video in the category? Kind of like what you see when looking at the bottom of a forum topic here, in that it has a handy topic title and link to the previous or next topic, or when you are looking at the first or last offers to take you back to the forum listing.

Will be added next version. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Mike,

Another suggestion or bit of feedback for you!

I didn't realise until now that you can upload an image in the Video category settings, which is great. On my site I've found that it's very small when it appears next the name of the category, smaller than the actual height/text size of the category title itself which looks a bit odd, and the image is too small to sometimes make out clearly depending upon the image chosen.

image.thumb.jpeg.b2cbb3684f4c0a0222fef6bb790fa378.jpeg

The rules text box allows you to choose files via 'Click to choose files' like the normal post editor does, so I've used that to also upload a larger image to enhance the page, since the category description box itself is plain text and doesn't have the 'Click to choose files' attachment option. If you could attach an image to the description instead it would probably be better, and allow a bit more control over the size of the image for neatness, though I'm unsure if it would cause any problems if the category description is displayed anywhere else in Videos System. Perhaps the existing image option could be better implemented with a larger size and say below the category title or to the left of the category description?

Many thanks. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 26/01/2017 at 10:00 AM, The Old Man said:

It would be great if you could import a feed of video content into Videos, so for example you could import the latest film and movie trailers from Apple via their RSS feed or perhaps from a YouTube, Twitch or Vimeo channel feed.

I have suggested this, I believe Mike plans to release it within the next major version.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That sounds great, thanks Joey.

I was thinking afterwards for some sites, would it also benefit from some kind of option like an automated task to automatically remove imported videos after a certain selectable time limit, in order to avoid your site becoming a permanent archive or filling up? I used to do that manually, delete old topics every so often when I used to import the latest movie trailers from the iTunes RSS feed as topics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/01/2017 at 7:21 PM, The Old Man said:

The rules text box allows you to choose files via 'Click to choose files' like the normal post editor does, so I've used that to also upload a larger image to enhance the page, since the category description box itself is plain text and doesn't have the 'Click to choose files' attachment option. If you could attach an image to the description instead it would probably be better, and allow a bit more control over the size of the image for neatness, though I'm unsure if it would cause any problems if the category description is displayed anywhere else in Videos System. Perhaps the existing image option could be better implemented with a larger size and say below the category title or to the left of the category description?

I believe the later versions of IPB4 allow you to alter the thumbnail dimensions within the editor box itself. Double click an image and you'll see dimension settings. Could that be used for what your after?

Settings.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Mike,

I know what you mean, but not really. Using the rules section is more of a workaround to getting a more visible, larger image or one that is a better size when it appears next to the video title. The existing image field doesn't let you resize either and when it displays it is too small.

(Not sure if you posted the right screenshot there, seems to be from your auto welcome app.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy