Videos Support

On 24/03/2016 at 1:56 PM, Circo said:

Start a new topic is working fine.  The rest of the site seems ok.  Two of my video submitters reported it to me yesterday after I upgraded to the latest version.  It was working fine before.  I did notice that if you post the video when you go back in to edit those options will work.  But for some reason none of them work in the submission screen.

On 26/03/2016 at 6:31 AM, Circo said:

Any ideas on my issue guys?  As I said it's only since I upgraded to this last version a few days ago.  The rest of the site is fine.  Is it possible to downgrade back to a working version of the plugin?

I'm most likely going to need board access to troubleshoot this further. I've never encountered something like this before. Just about all those fields are using internal IPB4 functions and therefore IPB4's own javascript. I'm going to need to take a look at this as right now I have no theories in mind.

No downgrades are not possible in IPB4 without uninstalling and loosing data.

On 24/03/2016 at 0:24 AM, g1nt3r said:

Does this work on IPB 4?

Latest version is IPB 4.1 compatible. v3.1.6 is available in the previous versions and supports IPB 4.0 still.

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/04/2016 at 9:56 AM, Joey_M said:

I could do with a white border/background, also the 'read more' can this be fixed? You click it, it just disappears (nothing extra is shown).

I've posted a bug report with a manual patch for the truncate problem here. Where exactly did you want to add the border?

5 hours ago, RPG-support said:

Any idea of the next version release?

I don't have a great deal of pending bugs so probably not for a while. Is there a particular thing you needed?

8 minutes ago, Mike John said:

I don't have a great deal of pending bugs so probably not for a while. Is there a particular thing you needed?

Please, make fix for the duplicated language strings. No other concern. Since they are multiple, this is breaking normal work of the default applications. The duplicated language strings' keys should be made unique.

Breaking the work of the default applications is breaking the Marketplace rules. I hope this is clear to you.

Edited by RPG-support

@Mike John: It's only in the PON v2 theme (Snapshot).

It's hard to see the video area, I know the issue is die to inconsistent IPS coding. I had to follow a tutorial to fix the article page. See the borders here http://prideofnottingham.co.uk/videos/

and here... http://prideofnottingham.co.uk/home/news/report-notts-county-to-be-sold-this-week-r919/

It would just be nice to have that area match up/fully see-able.

23 hours ago, RPG-support said:

Please, make fix for the duplicated language strings. No other concern. Since they are multiple, this is breaking normal work of the default applications. The duplicated language strings' keys should be made unique.

I'll push this up the queue and have it done as soon as the Collections update is complete. I can't commitment to an ETA just yet.

22 hours ago, Joey_M said:

It would just be nice to have that area match up/fully see-able.

Sorry Joey, I'm probably missing something obvious here but could you post a screenshot highlighting the area?

I've just updated the Videos app with a few more bug fixes. View full list here.

I've also included some significant improvements to the language files. Please keep in mind that the entire language file needed to be overhauled and that can't be done in 1 single version. Make sure you report any missing problem strings and they'll be corrected in the next version until this is 100% sorted. I apologies to those with other languages that are affected by this.

2 hours ago, RPG-support said:

Installed by the previous versions and already reported duplicated language strings are not removed after upgrade to 3.1.10. They are still causing problems with the default applications.

It doesn't look like IPB 4 removes old language strings when an application is upgraded. I'll need board access to manually remove the older language strings or alternatively I can provide instructions.

2 hours ago, RPG-support said:

This is still not fixed after upgrade to 3.1.10.

I don't believe this was ever reported to me as a problem. I can't reproduce this locally so will need board access to troubleshoot this further.

13 minutes ago, Mike John said:

I don't believe this was ever reported to me as a problem. I can't reproduce this locally so will need board access to troubleshoot this further

I believe I read here or on your site a report about that and your reply that you do not think this is the important bug. That is why I wrote that it is not fixed again. I can not provide access because the site contains the private information. I am using php 5.5 and the default files of your application and IPS applications. I think that this is enough to make this fixed and language abstracted.

Edited by RPG-support
6 hours ago, RPG-support said:

Please, provide instruction. For example, the sql command.

PM sent with test query I'm using and further information regarding this. I'm just seeing if IPS intended old language files to be kept or not post upgrade. I'll keep you updated on the reply and then if I need to make another version to clean up old strings or not.

6 hours ago, RPG-support said:

I believe I read here or on your site a report about that and your reply that you do not think this is the important bug. That is why I wrote that it is not fixed again.

I deal with lots of bugs & support but this one still doesn't come to mind. Do you have a source I can look at to see why this was skipped? I don't use the mod permissions extension in the Videos app and keywords in the tab look like this is from the Pages app and not my application.

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

PM sent with test query I'm using and further information regarding this. I'm just seeing if IPS intended old language files to be kept or not post upgrade. I'll keep you updated on the reply and then if I need to make another version to clean up old strings or not.

In 4.1.10 IPS prevented application translation to be deleted when the new version of the 3d party application is being uploaded. There is the special code for this.

Edited by RPG-support
6 hours ago, Mike John said:

I deal with lots of bugs & support but this one still doesn't come to mind. Do you have a source I can look at to see why this was skipped? I don't use the mod permissions extension in the Videos app and keywords in the tab look like this is from the Pages app and not my application.

I uninstalled your application and this section was removed. It is completely yours bug.

123123.thumb.jpg.0a52a2707149731ef7e76d5

Edited by RPG-support

Also, when I am trying to restore (truncate and insert) the backup from the up to date dump, the dumper is reporting the MySQL error:

123123.jpg

So, this is influensing all other applications too, because I am not able to restore the database because of this interruption of the import process.

Edited by RPG-support
12 hours ago, RPG-support said:

I uninstalled your application in ACP-Applications and tried to install it again there but got the error. How to uninstall your application by the sql method?

I've noted this as a bug, IPB4 now removes column database changes so will include this fix in the next version.

5 hours ago, RPG-support said:

Finally I resolved all problems. Please, fix this bug:

The Videos app should not be showing on this page. I've opened a bug report with IPS to see why this is happening.

Edit: Please let me know if there were any further problem language strings and will include that in the next update.

Edited by Mike John