Removing Activity Stream?

I set Activity Stream so that no one can see it and I disabled it, but it still displays in the More drop down.  If I click it I see:

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. To configure who can access which areas of your site, go to Admin CP → System → Applications.

I logged in as another regular member and see this:

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2S100/2

How do I remove it from the menu?

I set Activity Stream so that no one can see it and I disabled it, but it still displays in the More drop down.  If I click it I see:

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account. To configure who can access which areas of your site, go to Admin CP → System → Applications.

I logged in as another regular member and see this:

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2S100/2

How do I remove it from the menu?

​Core > Front > Global > utilitiesMenu

Line 14, remove

<li class='ipsMenu_item'><a href='{url="app=core&module=activity&controller=activity" seoTemplate="activity"}'>{lang="activity_stream"}</a></li>

To remove on mobile as well

Core > Front > Global > mobileNavigation

Line 104, remove

<li><a href='{url="app=core&module=activity&controller=activity" seoTemplate="activity"}'>{lang="activity_stream"}</a></li>

Just curious: why would you want to remove a tool that lets people see what's happening on the site?

​This is something that seems to have been added that wasn't asked for.  At least that's what I see from reading posts here.

No one uses it on my site, we all use New Content.

I'm trying to remove anything that we don't use to help keep it running well.

​No one uses it on my site, we all use New Content.

I agree that the Activity Stream is not particularly useful particularly as its buried in the More Menu. However at the moment it is the only way that Guests can see current activity on your site as New Content (for reasons I can not understand) is not visible to Guests​, unlike in 3.4.

Regardless of our perceived value of the tool, I suspect it is not working as designed.  If we choose to deactivate it (thank you for giving us that option), then it seems odd that it would be in the menu only to give you an error message when clicked.

Actually, as I recall this was added specifically because a lot of people asked for it.

​If that's true, then I stand corrected.

Just curious: why would you want to remove a tool that lets people see what's happening on the site?

​Because it's a mysql/MyISAM killer on a big site. If you do Activity Stream -> Posts the topics table is locked for however long it takes (minutes on some sites, it's even 10+ seconds on this site which I imagine is nicely specced out).

• 2 months later...

A lot of ppl did ask, but it was rushed and implemented badly. It could be mistaken for the view new content feature. It's very very similar, I'm not really sure what the difference are. An activity stream is more about how you display the content than the content itself. 

As a side note cKeditor on mobile makes me want to kill myself. 

Archived